With over 400,000 personnel on staff, DHL is one of the world's largest express delivery and logistics companies. The business provides employees with enjoyable work environments and a range of programs, services, benefits, and life-balance opportunities.
Facts About Working at DHL
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at DHL?)
Available Positions: Customer service representative, dockworker, home delivery driver, IT help desk support, warehouse
DHL Employee Interview Videos
How Do I Get A Job At DHL?
Hopefuls that want to work for DHL should fill out a job application through the company’s website. Before applying, consider each position’s job requirements as some roles require a college degree with prior experience. To begin the DHL hiring process, applicants must pass pre-employment screenings such as background checks, drug tests, and medical physicals.
DHL Job Opportunities
With a comprehensive range of parcel and international express services, DHL offers a variety of job opportunities. Many DHL jobs require the ability to work in a diverse environment. Warehouse, dock, and delivery positions involve manual labor, including lifting heavy materials on a regular basis. All hopefuls must have great social skills and a positive, upbeat attitude.
The company’s size and diversity of services allow job seekers to find various positions. Both full-time and part-time DHL careers, as well as paid internships for students and graduates, are often available. Since DHL operates internationally, there is the opportunity for employees to travel for work. Also, DHL uses a job recommendation platform to ensure workers find the best fit for them.
DHL Positions and Salary Information
DHL careers include working as a frontline employee, in an office environment, or as an intern. Due to the nature of the business, employees regularly communicate with those in related departments. Some DHL jobs available include:
Customer Relations Specialist
- DHL customer service reps work with customers over the phone to help resolve problems and maintain company databases.
- Customer service and data analysis skills are essential, and the ability to speak a second language is often helpful.
- Customer service reps work full-time for about $17.00 an hour.
Home Delivery Driver
- DHL driver jobs involve delivering packages in company vehicles, making a driver’s license a requirement.
- These employees typically make anywhere between $15.00 and $30.00 an hour.
- Delivery drivers must be reliable, follow all directions, work unsupervised, and have strong customer service skills.
- Employees in DHL warehouse jobs must be 21 years or older and have a valid driver’s license.
- Job duties include sorting, packing, loading, and unloading freight.
- DHL dockworkers also operate forklifts and use scanners to record shipping information.
- They may also help deliver packages with tight deadlines.
- The average hourly rate for dockworkers is around $19.00.
What is DHL Starting Pay?
DHL salary information varies by job title. For example, DHL driver jobs can have a starting pay of $15 an hour, while DHL warehouse jobs start at $17 an hour based on the position and responsibilities. First shift workers can start at $17 an hour, whereas second and third shift employees start at $20.00 an hour after going through a certified training program with opportunities for two pay raises a year.
Tips For Applying
Applicants can apply online or submit their DHL application at a recruitment center with their state-issued photo ID, birth certificate and social security card. All job-seekers must include a resume with their application. DHL hiring managers also ask for a letter of motivation, which is similar to a cover letter.
Candidates can use the online DHL application tracking system to check the status of their DHL application forms. The company regularly updates the system to reflect changes or current openings for DHL employment opportunities. Applicants may also call or visit a DHL location to inquire about the status of their application.
What Benefits Does DHL Offer?
Full-time and many part-time positions receive access to employment benefits, including 401(k) retirement plans, health insurance, and dental insurance. Eligible positions also get vacation pay, paid time off, paid holidays, family medical leave, and tuition assistance. Employees can also expect paid training and discounts on shipping services as part of their DHL benefits.
More Information on DHL
DHL works alongside customers to reduce greenhouse gases through low-emission vehicles and energy-efficient warehouses. Applicants with a similar passion for environmental safety, and a history of volunteer work, should share that information during their interview or on their letter of motivation.