DirecTV operates as a major American communications firm specializing in the distribution of cable television. Services extend throughout the U.S. and areas across the Caribbean and Latin America. Applicants seeking work with a global company should submit applications for hiring consideration.
Facts About Working at DirecTV
Minimum Age to Work at DirecTV: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Directv?)
DirecTV Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at DirecTV: Customer Care Agent, Customer Care Team Lead, Sales Associate, Satellite Installation Technician, Service Technician, General Ledger Accountant, Broadcast Scheduling Coordinator, Broadcast Systems Manager, Building Maintenance Technician, Commercial Customer Retention Representative, Customer Service Representative, Damage Claim Adjuster, Data Marketing Analyst, Dispatcher, Help Desk Analyst, Human Resources-Generalist, Technical-Customer Service Representative, Technical Quality Manager, Technical Services Analyst, Warehouse Assistant
DirecTV Interview Videos
DirecTV Job Opportunities
As the satellite television industry continues to grow, DirecTV, often stylized as DIRECTV, provides innovative and comprehensive services geared toward residential and commercial customers alike. The leading communications company keeps pace with the expanding industry by employing thousands of talented entry-level workers and career professionals. Across operations, the global firm employs 27,000 associates in both part-time and full-time capacities. Most of the job opportunities available to entry-level applicants remain part-time in nature. However, experienced and/or motivated individuals may develop fruitful, long-term tenures with the reputed corporation offering pay increases and comprehensive employment benefits packages.
Employment breaks down into seven distinct career fields: customer care, engineering and technology, revenue and marketing, in-home services and installation, content and programming, root sports, and DirecTV Latin America operations. The most viable job options for entry-level job seekers include work in customer care and in-home services and installation. While some technical background or related skillsets may remain necessary for employment consideration, most customer service or installation jobs require little-to-no experience or formal education. The satellite TV company provides in-depth training to acclimate workers to new responsibilities upon hire, which generally covers any deficiencies in experience or instruction.
DirecTV Employment and Pay Scales
With a subscription base of roughly 20 million customers worldwide, DirecTV constantly hires new employees to provide in-home services and general customer assistance. Minimum hiring requirements include workers 18 and over with demonstrative teamwork abilities. Some of the most widely available job titles follow in the list below:
Customer Experience Specialist
- Available in call centers throughout active service areas, customer experience specialist jobs involve fielding phone calls, emails, and letterhead inquiries in regards to services and company policies.
- Additionally, customer experience specialists activate accounts and process bill pays.
- Responsibilities include basic computer skills, such as data-entry and word processing, as well as the ability to interact with the general public.
- Applicants must demonstrate patience and attention to detail in order to represent ideal fits.
- Punctuality and scheduling factor into overall hiring decisions, as well.
- Customer experience specialists often work nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to traditional day shifts.
- Base pay sits around $9.00 hourly, with high-end salary options topping out at $30,000 a year.
Satellite Installation Technician
- Primarily charged with installing DirecTV components and troubleshooting services, service installation technicians generally work on-call, with schedules often exceeding traditional 40-hour weeks and possibly spanning six days.
- Annual salary options fall between $25,000 and $50,000, depending on experience and proficiency in the field.
- The satellite television company requires applicants to hold Ka/Ku, SBCA, Service, and SWiM certifications as well as sound interpersonal abilities and computer skills.
- High school diplomas or equivalent educations also remain necessary for consideration.
- Job seekers with six months of experience often outperform other candidates during the employment process; however, applicants without experience may still receive full review for installation jobs.
Tips For Applying
Creating a Yahoo! account simplifies the DirecTV application process. Applicants with Yahoo! user accounts may use the profiles to autofill data fields required on hiring materials. The application pulls pertinent information, such as name, address, and phone number, and reduces the amount of work needed to complete the form. Prospective associates must fill out the forms completely and to the desired specifications of the company or face possible dismissal from applicant pools. Job seekers should also possess the ability to pass standard drug screenings.
The hiring process for most available job titles lasts between two and three weeks. Aspiring associates generally receive contact from the communications company regarding applications within a week or so to schedule interviews. The necessity to pass drug screening may slow down the interview process and delay callbacks. Applicants typically receive email notifications upon submission of hiring documents. Phone calls and emails represent ideal ways to express further interest in available jobs and check up on outstanding hiring forms. Allow time for response, as managers in charge of employment often field multiple applicants for each vacancy.
Benefits of Working for DirecTV
Intensive training programs and competitive pay scales headline DirecTV work benefits.
Associates also enjoy:
- Accruing time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Corporate citizenship allowing match-gift opportunities to nonprofits companies
- Educational scholarships, and dependent-care health plans.
Additional job benefits include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Bonus programs
- Prescription drug coverage, and
- Opportunities for career advancement.
Specific guidelines governing employment benefits packages often vary by position, location, and tenure with the company.
More Details on DirecTV
Historically, television subscribers run into problems accessing local channels when using satellite reception. Regional stations often blackout or block local channels from transmitting to satellite television receivers. DirecTV understands the frustration and offers explicit information on the trend from the company website, which offers solutions and examples of how local stations often remove or pull signals from satellite feeds.