Dish Network, also stylized as DISH, operates one of the largest home entertainment companies in the United States. Individuals looking to join the expanding field of communications should consider part-time jobs and full-time careers with the prominent firm.
Facts About Working at Dish Network
Minimum Age to Work at Dish Network: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Dish Network?)
Dish Network Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Dish Network: Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Satellite TV Installer/Technician, Satellite Technician Manager, Installation Manager, Quality Assurance Specialist, Human Resources Representative, Financial Analyst, Operations Analyst, Sales Support Analyst-Customer Service, Business Analyst, Commercial Satellite TV Installer/Technician, Inside Sales Account Manager, Senior Developer-Internal Web Applications, General Manager, Command Center Manager, Inventory Specialist
Dish Network Employment Opportunities
A subscription base of close to 14 million customers requires round-the-clock services and staffs exceeding 19,000 employees in total. Dish Network offers satellite and pay-per-view television, with options for wireless home entertainment installation. The high-tech nature of the company and ongoing needs to satisfy subscriber demands and inquiries provides diverse job opportunities ranging from customer service and technician positions to fruitful careers in manufacturing and branch management. Workers may also apply for corporate careers in IT, marketing, human resources, legal, and accounting.
Sales jobs and customer service positions represent the most accessible employment opportunities available with the nationwide communications company. Applicants most readily find sales work in physical retail stores or as inside sales reps. Customer service opportunities typically provide general positions involved in handling customer inquiries at call center locations. Candidates also find viable options as in-home specialists installing or servicing accounts. Each area of employment offers opportunities for advancement in to long-term careers as supervisors or managers.
Dish Network Job Opportunities and Pay Scales
Historically, job seekers only need to stand 18 years of age and hold high school diplomas or equivalents for entry-level hiring consideration. Technical positions, such as in-home specialist jobs, may require related backgrounds in addition to meeting base qualifications. Managerial jobs regularly impose strict experience requirements related to the communications industry as well as advanced degrees. The following list provides more information on available jobs:
Customer Service Representative
- The position of customer service representative involves aspects of technical troubleshooting, sales, bill processing, and highlighting product benefits and features.
- Workers with exceptional computer skills and organizational abilities make ideal customer service representatives.
- Applicants must demonstrate outgoing and engaging personalities, as a majority of job duties place associates in direct contact with customers via phone and/or email.
- Employment hopefuls must also enjoy sedentary work settings and maintain the ability to hold weekend, holiday, and evening hours.
- A typical customer service representative starts out at $9.00 an hour and receives increases based on sales and overall performance ranging up to more than $36,000 annually.
Inside Sales Associate
- Another entry-level job opportunity, the role of inside sales associate also requires adept interpersonal communication skills.
- Inside sales associates generally use telephones to complete job duties and answer in-bound sales inquiries.
- Dish Network hires individuals able to explain products and services at length and continuously meet daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals.
- Most call centers operate seven days a week, which requires applicants to remain available to work flexible schedules.
- Upon hire, most inside sales associates assume fixed hours and receive hourly pay starting at $11.00 and exceeding $40,000 or so in annual salary options with experience.
- Elaborate commissions plans often increase base earnings.
Home-Based Satellite TV Technician/Installer
- Most installer/technician jobs require high school educations and flexible schedules.
- Workers must also possess the ability to perform manual labor and maintain working knowledge of satellite TV services and corresponding electronic components.
- Direct interaction with customers onsite necessitates outgoing and friendly personalities, as well.
- Technicians and installers work only four days per week; however, hours scheduled usually exceed traditional eight-hour days.
- The job title requires both independent and team-oriented work. Installer/technicians also remain on deadline.
- Base pay hovers around $11.00 and rises to roughly $15.00, on average. The position also pays out overtime if accrued.
Tips For Applying
Workers should brush up on Dish Network products and services prior to the application process to enhance likelihood of being chosen for interview consideration. Studying company services also benefits prospective employees in relaying personal abilities and experiences through required hiring forms, as the major communications firm often prefers applicants with related backgrounds. Employment hopefuls may also use professional resumes or social media accounts to autofill electronics applications, which often cuts down on time spent completing the forms. The online application process generally requires candidates to complete online assessments gauging abilities, as well.
The time applicants wait to hear back from recruitment personnel often varies based on the volume of candidates for each position. In general, the process from application submission to contact from management lasts between one and two weeks, with the entire hiring process wrapping up in no more than a month. Online applications generate email confirmation notices within 10 minutes of submission. Workers may check back on submitted hiring documents by accessing personal accounts created to initiate the application process. Each personal profile landing page highlights outstanding applications and indicates statuses as received, reviewed, or otherwise.
Benefits of Working for Dish Network
Training programs and opportunities for upward career mobility provide outstanding circumstances for personal and professional growth as both employees and individuals. DISH also extend job benefits packages to qualified associates. Base employment benefits include:
- Discounts on products and services.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and
- Employee stock purchase plans also remain available to eligible workers.
Supplemental Information on Dish Network
Dish Network remains an active philanthropic company. Over the years, the communications corporation established meaningful partnerships with several nonprofit organizations, including Reworx, Adopt-A-Highway, American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, and The Humane Society of the United States. Partnered efforts include monetary donations, employee volunteerism, and the collection of goods for repurposing. DISH also undertakes massive company-wide sustainability programs, with emphasis on recycling spent batteries, Styrofoam, circuit boards, and cardboard.