Facts About Working at Disney Cruise
Minimum Age to Work at Disney Cruise: 21 Years Old years old (How old do you have to be to work at Disney Cruises Application?)
Disney Cruise Hours of Operation:
Available Positions at Disney Cruise: Crew Member, Crew Purser, Desk and Engine Maintenance Technician, Cabin Steward, Waiter, Housekeeper, Chef, Restaurant Manager, Food and Beverage Director, Youth Counselor, Musician, Wiper, Main Stage Performer, Character Performer, Entertainment Technician, Port Adventures Host, Entertainment Host, Guest Communications Coordinator, DJ, Server, Bartender, Cook, Guest Services Host
Disney Cruise Line Job Opportunities
Job opportunities remain abundant for the cruise ship industry leader. Careers available include work in hotel operations, entertainment, and marine and technical operations. Hotel operations job titles include server, bartender, housekeeper, steward, cook, and guest service host positions. The marine and technical operations departments offer roles such as ordinary seaman, GP hotel maintenance, wiper, and GP assistant electrician jobs. Disney Cruise Line commonly hires DJs, entertainment hosts, main stage and character performers, and musicians to work shipboard. The cruise line also offers a number of positions in youth counseling and camp activities.
The company requires applicants to speak fluent English, possess some relevant work experience, and meet the minimum age of 21 years old. Disney consistently looks to hire positive, customer-focused crew members. The cruise line company also looks for applicants with strong oral and written communication and organization skills. Youth counselors must possess several years of experience working in a recreational/camp environment with children, while preferential treatment remains offered to counselors with educational certifications. Technical and marine operations jobs also typically require formal education and experience requirements.
Disney Cruise Line and Salary Information
Dedicated to employee welfare, Disney provides excellent salary options to workers and supplies crew member with bi-weekly paychecks. Deckhands typically earn between $1,000 and $2,000 per month. Youth activities specialists may earn between $1,400 and $1,600 a month. In addition to salary options, employees enjoy lucrative work benefits. Qualified associates earn employment benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, disability coverage, and life insurance options. Workers also enjoy job perks, such as laundry services, theme park admissions, hotel discounts, merchandise discounts, internet cafes, crew gyms equipped with state-of-the-art exercise equipment, and crew dining areas.
Popular Disney Cruise Line Positions:
- Youth activities counselors supervise children participating in onboard activities.
- Additionally, counselors plan, set up, and execute activities.
- Workers must possess excellent attitudes and enjoy high-energy environments.
- Youth counselors may also prepare food trays and snacks for children.
- As a general staff member, individuals assist in differing areas of the ship.
- Workers partake in deck parties, games shows, sports, island and ship tours as well as assist guests with island reservations and other services.
- Staff members must display enthusiasm and fun-loving characters, as high levels of guest interaction occur.
- Housekeepers maintain cleanliness of staterooms, crew accommodations, and public areas.
- Housekeeping staff must completely clean 10 to 17 cabins twice a day.
- When necessary, housekeepers assist guests with luggage and other requests, as needed.
- Other job titles in housekeeping include stateroom host, house person, and custodian positions.
A subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, Disney Cruise Line began operations in 1998. Based in Celebration, FL, the company operates four ships: Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy. All ships carry over 2,400 passengers. Offering a wide range of vacation packages, the company meets the needs of any traveler.
The award-winning cruise line provides exceptional hospitality and a comprehensive array of amenities. Vacationers enjoy onboard activities, such as deck parties, dining, entertainment, live shows, nightclubs and lounges, spas and fitness centers, theaters, youth clubs, and pools. Destinations include Alaska, the California Coast, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, the Mexican Riviera, and the Panama Canal.