Retailer DKNY hires fashion conscious job seekers to fill sales and customer service employment opportunities. Entry-level applicants and career hunters alike regularly find lucrative work with the clothier. The American retail chain maintains stores throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Facts About Working at DKNY
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at DKNY?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Keyholder, Stock Room Associate, Assistant Manager, Manager, Fabric Coordinator, Pattern Maker, Loss Prevention Supervisor, Retail Systems Administrator, Cost Accountant, Customer Service Representative, Customer Compliance Coordinator, Brand Manager, Director of Visual Merchandising
DNKY Employment Opportunities
The name DKNY derives from the initials of the company founder, fashion designer Donna Karan, and the city where the corporate entity formed, New York City, NY. The brand targets younger demographics than counterpart company Donna Karan New York. As such, job candidates need to understand young-adult fashion trends. The company sells clothing for both women and men as well as shoes, handbags, and fragrances. Applicants with passionate interests in fashion and previous sales experience generally succeed in obtaining work with the clothier.
As a fashion retailer, the company operates boutique-style stores to showcase available merchandise. Applicants typically find DKNY stores near major shopping centers or within malls. Customer service and sales duties prove the most prominent everyday responsibilities for workers. Job seekers able to perform said responsibilities regularly obtain meaningful employment with the company. More experienced candidates may work in the same department as management. Managers train staff and oversee store operations. Shipping jobs also prove available with the retail chain, as the company operates an extensive online store. Marketing, design, and executive work may stand accessible through the corporate headquarters in Manhattan, NY.
DKNY Jobs and Pay Scales
DKNY applicants should stand at least 18 years of age. While most positions do not require candidates to possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents, individuals with academic certifications above a high school education may fare better during hiring processes. The following jobs commonly prove accessible to employment hopefuls:
- Sales associates provide customer service and meet sales goals.
- Employees must maintain up-to-date knowledge on current fashion trends and available merchandise in stores, as patrons expect workers to offer assistance in finding particular clothing items.
- In addition to promoting sales and customer service, associates must operate cash registers, stock shelves, take inventory, and fill out shipping-related paperwork.
- Job seekers must possess strong communication skills to obtain employment as DKNY sales associates.
- Candidates with previous retail experience also gain preference during hiring processes.
- Pay rates hover around $10.00 per hour.
- Taking on additional responsibilities beyond sales associate roles, sales supervisors oversee subordinate workers, merchandising, and human resources at the store level.
- Under the direction of store management, employees train and develop staff members to increase store transactions.
- Supervisors also enforce store policies, such as personal hygiene and uniform standards, setting up and maintaining promotional displays, and monitoring for theft or security breaches.
- Applicants must possess at least two years of specialty retail experience to qualify for DKNY sales supervisor jobs.
- Employees under the job title typically enjoy wages of about $13.00 an hour leading to annual salary options in excess of $30,000 for experienced workers.
Tips For Applying
Applicants with open availability, strong communication skills, and desires to work in fast-paced fashion sales environments should face little trouble in obtaining jobs with the chain. Candidates may also benefit from researching the company and industry beforehand, as interviewers often ask job seekers for opinions on aspects of the business. Wear professional business attire to interviews and store visits to show respect for company culture. Candidates may normally apply online or in person for DKNY jobs.
After applying to the company, job seekers wait to hear back from hiring managers. However, if staffing personnel do not make contact about interviews within a week of submitting job applications, individuals may call or visit human resources employees in person at store locations to follow up. Avoid making follow-up calls or visiting during peak business hours. Show patience and professionalism while inquiring about submitted applications
Benefits of Working at DKNY
As a successful retail chain, DKNY provides attractive job benefits packages to eligible employees. Full-time management associates may qualify for 401(k) retirement plans, health insurance coverage, and paid time off. Flexible scheduling, industry-competitive pay, and advancement opportunities largely prove available for most workers, regardless of full-time or part-time status. Employees also report receiving attractive discounts on company merchandise, sometimes as high as 75% off original prices.
More Information on DKNY
DKNY operates as a subsidiary of LVMH. The large corporation represents a merger between Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy. In addition to Donna Karan brands, LVMH operates several prominent fashion retailers, including Dior, Emilo Pucci, and Berluti. The company also manages wine and spirits manufacturers such as Dom Perignon, Hennessy, and Belvedere.