Dollar Tree is a nationwide retailer that sells various items, all for a dollar. The chain offers housewares, food and snacks, party supplies, seasonal items, and more.
Facts About Working at Dollar Tree
Minimum Age to Work at Dollar Tree: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Dollar Tree?)
Dollar Tree Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-7:00pm
Available Positions at Dollar Tree: Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock Associate, Customer Service Associate, District Manager, Assistant Store Manager, General Warehouse Associate, Store Manager Trainee, Associate Buyer, Corporate Intern, Merchandise Planner, Logistics Analyst, Maintenance Technician, Distribution Center Associate, Photographer, Billing Analyst, Merchandise Control Specialist, Strategy Analyst
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Dollar Tree Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Dollar Tree:
video of former Dollar Tree employees
Dollar Tree Employment Opportunities
Dollar Tree associates should have positive attitudes and the ability to work in fast-paced environments. Most jobs also require employees to regularly bend, stretch, reach, and lift. Managers value workers with good listening and teamwork skills, as well.
Scheduling and Career Advancement
Workers can apply for part-time, full-time, and seasonal positions. While the discount retail chain offers flexible scheduling, most employees must work some weekends as well as night shifts. Over time, Dollar Tree employees may advance into management roles.
Dollar Tree Jobs and Salary Information
Applicants should be at least 16 years old. Entry-level jobs typically do not require previous experience. The following positions are available at each Dollar Tree store:
- Cashiers help customers find items, restock shelves, and complete sales.
- Employees may also have to help unload trucks and organize merchandise in storage rooms.
- Basic math skills are needed to work registers. Dollar Tree cashiers usually begin at minimum wage. Take a look at the Dollar Tree cashier job description.
- Sales associates perform numerous roles within the retail chain.
- Main duties include stocking and straightening shelves, helping customers find items, and occasionally running cash registers.
- Sales associates usually work part-time hours and make minimum wage upon hire.
- Dollar Tree workers can make up to $9.00 an hour over time. Refer to the Dollar Tree sales associate job description for more information.
- Dollar Tree managers must keep record of inventory, make work schedules, and oversee all employees.
- Other duties include interacting with customers, hiring team members, and performing all cashier duties.
- With bonuses, managers can make around $50,000 in yearly salary.
Tips For Applying
New stores often list open interview days and times on the company website. Candidates can apply in store and should make sure to answer each section as completely as possible. Hopefuls should also dress well, be polite, and be prepared for an on-the-spot interview.
Candidates must check in by phone, email, or by visiting Dollar Tree locations. Job seekers should plan visits during slower retail hours. Interviews are held based on the need of each store. Applicants typically hear back from hiring managers in a few weeks.
Benefits of Working at Dollar Tree
Full-time Dollar Tree employees receive medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision benefits. Eligible workers can also gain access to:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Company stock options
- Long- and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Reimbursement accounts
Further Details on Dollar Tree
The Fortune 500 company is headquartered in Chesapeake, VA. Dollar Tree’s profits total more than $250 million each year. The company continues to expand and has even lead to the buy outs of several competitors. In 2010, the chain went international by opening its first stores in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The purchase included more than 80 stores from now defunct rival Dollar Giant.