Ohio-based pizza delivery chain Donatos creates numerous job opportunities for applicants. Employment regularly proves available in full-time and part-time capacities and entails paid training, flexible scheduling options, and competitive pay scales. Over 150 locations operate in six states.
Facts About Working at Donatos Pizza
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Donatos Pizza?)
Available Positions: Restaurant Associate, Delivery Driver, Shift Manager, Manger in Training, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager, General Manager, District Supervisor, Franchise Operating Partner, Director of Operations, Manager of People Services, Franchise Business Consultant, Community Sales Manager, Catering Sales Manager, Field Marketing Manager
Donatos Employee Interview Videos
Donatos Employment Outlook
Founded in 1963, the pizza restaurant manages corporate-owned and franchised locations alike. Motivated job seekers find entry-level work in both restaurant types. Candidates with little-to-no formal employment history often obtain in-store and delivery work with the chain. Managerial jobs remain accessible to experienced applicants, as well. Corporate careers such as executive, marketing, and development positions may stand available at the main Donatos offices. Headquarters sit in Columbus, OH.
Donatos remains a lucrative choice for job seekers looking for work in the pizza delivery industry. In addition to base pay, entry-level associates enjoy clean work environments, friendly coworkers, and professional insight from managers dedicated to helping employees advance as individuals and as staff members. The positions generally prove accessible to young and/or inexperienced employment hopefuls and constitute opportunities to gain useful skills. Promotion from within may open up for committed and tenured associates, as well.
Donatos Jobs and Salary Options
For restaurant associate jobs, applicants must stand at least 14 years of age. Other roles require candidates 18 years old and older. Jobs stand most easily accessible to employment hopefuls with friendly personalities and dedicated work ethics. The following job titles regularly prove available:
- Restaurant associate jobs represent versatile, catchall positions with the pizza delivery company.
- Employees perform duties such as preparing and cooking pizzas, taking orders, cleaning work areas, and handling cashier responsibilities.
- Though the positions remain entry-level opportunities, applicants must possess communication skills, basic math abilities, and outgoing demeanors.
- Restaurant associates traditionally start out earning minimum wage.
- Dedicated workers may receive pay raises over time.
- Delivery drivers bring orders to customers in timely manners.
- Employees need strong senses of direction, driving skills, and communication abilities.
- Candidates also must possess valid licenses, automotive insurance, and clean operating records.
- In addition to delivering orders, job responsibilities may include performing in-shop work alongside restaurant associates when necessary.
- Drivers characteristically earn state minimum wage for tipped employees along with gratuities on each order.
- Garnering annual salary options around $40,000, restaurant managers lead employee teams and ensure customers receive ideal service and accurate orders.
- Duties include monitoring labor, training and coaching associates, maintaining store inventory, and performing opening and closing procedures.
- Candidates generally must possess extensive restaurant industry experience to obtain jobs as Donatos managers.
Tips For Applying
Donatos hires customer service-minded individuals with outgoing personalities. While not always necessary, previous experience in the industry proves beneficial. Job hunters applying for management careers should prepare resumes and cover letters. Though the company does not typically require candidates to meet formal education standards, applicants with high school diplomas or GED equivalents may receive additional hiring consideration with the chain. Job seekers may apply online, in person, or through employment recruiters for available jobs.
Hiring managers usually contact employment seekers within a week of receiving job applications. If more than a week lapses without word, applicants should follow up with phone calls or make in-person visits. When making inquiries in person, dress professionally in business-casual attire. Remain patient and wait for staffing personnel to finish pressing duties before asking questions about application status. Managers appreciate politeness and professionalism shown by aspiring workers.
Benefits of Working at Donatos
Job benefits, such as paid training, flexible scheduling options, and meal discounts, often prove available to Donatos employees. Additional work benefits packages may stand available to qualified associates. Insurance options include:
- Life, and
- Disability coverage.
401(k) retirement plans and paid time off options may prove available, as well. Employment benefits largely remain limited to eligible full-time managers and delivery drivers and may vary by franchise location.
More Details on Donatos
Committed to community outreach, Donatos offers fundraising services upon request. Interested parties in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky may inquire about fundraisers with the company. The program requires at least two weeks’ advance notice and typically aids school, church, sports team, or community organizations. In addition, residents in the Columbus, OH, area may book a food truck for events. The truck serves the signature items of the chain to satisfy event patrons.