A subsidiary of Hilton, DoubleTree Hotels provides guests a home away from home by cultivating welcoming and comfortable atmospheres. Entry-level job seekers and career-bound professionals may find lucrative work in full-time and part-time positions available.
Facts About Working at DoubleTree
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at DoubleTree?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Night Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Security Officer, Home Reservations Sales Specialist, Bell Person, Housekeeping Dispatch, Cook, Sous Chef, Font Office Manager, Banquet Cook, Night Auditor, Server, Room Service Associate, Cashier, Valet, Bartender, Busser, Host, Hostess, Customer Service Representative, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Driver, Inbound and Outbound Customer Service Consultant, Food and Beverage Associate, Human Resources Director
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
DoubleTree Employment Opportunities
The DoubleTree brand proves unique in the special attention employees must give to making guests feel at home. Upon check-in, every guest receives a chocolate chip cookie made from a distinctive recipe. Hotel workers closely follow the company CARE tactic in order to Create-A-Rewarding-Experience for every individual. Job seekers able to demonstrate knowledge and commitment to such policies and expectations during the screening process may gain preference for hire. Additionally, past employment in or knowledge of the hospitality industry may earn candidates favor with hiring managers.
A prominent chain, the hotel boasts over 400 locations around the world with ongoing plans to expand. Focused in major cities and vacation destinations, the hotel offers workers throughout the world easy access to the flourishing jobs. Previous work in foodservice, retail, customer service, maintenance, management, and several other industries may prove advantageous during the hiring process. However, entry-level hopefuls with little-to-no formal experience also settle into rewarding careers with the hotel through training and promotions.
DoubleTree Job Prospects and Wages
As with most hotels, DoubleTree sets minimum hiring ages at 18 years. Along with the sale of alcohol, hotel work environments prove fast-paced and generally unsuited to minors. Interested candidates should hold high school diplomas or the equivalent and open availabilities. The brand seeks workers willing to commit to the Hilton core values: hospitality, integrity, leadership, teamwork, ownership, and urgency. Qualified candidates may consider applying for the following entry-level positions:
- One of the more physically demanding hotel jobs, housekeeper positions require individuals to stand, bend, squat, push, kneel, and reach over the course of shifts.
- Additionally, housekeepers must work irregular hours and early morning, late night, weekend, and holiday availability remains a must for interested job seekers.
- Available in part-time and full-time capacities, housekeepers make average hourly wages between $8.00 and $9.00.
- Regular shift responsibilities include cleaning assigned rooms, making beds, changing linens, gathering dirty sheets and towels for laundering, replenishing toiletries and other supplies, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, disposing of trash and recycling appropriately, and responding to guest requests and needs.
Front Desk Agent
- Typically full-time positions, front desk agent jobs feature pay rates between $10.00 and $12.00 an hour.
- Front desk agents greet guests upon entrance, handle the registration and check-in processes, issue room keys, conduct check-out procedures, process payments, answer phones, book reservations, field complaints and comments, and answer guest questions.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing individuals tend to fare best in front desk positions.
- Additionally, candidates must persist as physically able to stand for the duration of shifts.
- Working in the hotel restaurants and cafes, dishwashers must stand, bend, and reach often.
- Dishwashers regularly wash and sanitize dishware and cooking utensils, polish silver utensils, stock and maintain essential kitchen supplies and equipment, mop floors, take out trash, and transport clean wares to appropriate locations throughout the hotel.
- Interested job candidates should work well with other team members and possess excellent organizational skills.
- The traditionally part-time job commitment pays minimum wage at start.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals may connect to the Hilton job hosting portal through the DoubleTree website career section. Job candidates browse available positions with options to filter by brand, area of service, and location. To submit online applications, individuals must create user profiles. Connecting to LinkedIn, Google+, or Facebook accounts may expedite the application process. Applicants stand expected to upload resumes and provide information such as contact preferences, qualifications, education backgrounds, and employer histories. Additionally, candidates must answer some pre-screening questions. Individuals should check over work before submitting to avoid errors and potential miscommunication.
DoubleTree hiring personnel usually contact qualifying applicants through email or phone call within one to two weeks after receiving applications. Candidates wishing to closely monitor the progress of applications may log back into individual user profiles. Under the My Jobpage tab, workers retain access to submitted materials and application statuses. While job hopefuls may call, email, or visit locations, hiring managers prefer individuals take advantage of online tools.</>
Benefits of Working at DoubleTree
As a subsidiary of Hilton, DoubleTree provides workers with competitive salary options, paid training, and career development opportunities in addition to comprehensive employee benefit packages. Medical insurance covers:
- Dental, and
- Vision plans as well as life and disability insurance.
401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, performance bonuses, holiday pay, occasional free meals, associate discounts, and tuition assistance prove available for qualifying employees, as well.
More Information on DoubleTree
In effort to uphold corporate responsibility, DoubleTree creates and participates in various programs aimed at the preservation of the environment. Taking the name of the brand to heart, the company places special focus on trees. Think Trees: Teaching Kids to Care persists as a special initiative started by the brand. In about a decade, the program worked with over five million grade schools, planted over 300,000 trees, raised about $250,000 for hurricane relief, and donated more than 400,000 items to food banks in surrounding communities.
Margarita Sanchez says:
Yes I WORKED BEFORE FOR DOUBLE TREE HOTEL IN SEATTLE WASHINGTON. I WORKED IN THE KICTCHEN WASHING DISHIES AND HELPING OUT WITH TRASH MOPPING SWEEPING
STOCKING AND HANDLE MACHINE TO WASH DISHES