Focused in the Northeastern United States, Eat'n Park specializes in classic American comfort food. With decades of business, the restaurant offers plentiful work opportunities and job security. Hardworking individuals may apply for available entry-level and career-oriented positions.
Facts About Working at Eat'n Park
Minimum Age to Work at Eat'n Park: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Eat'n Park?)
Eat'n Park Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at Eat'n Park: Cashier, Greeter, Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Busser, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Executive Chef, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Production Manager, Assistant Director of Dining, Food Service Culinary Manager, Business Application Analyst, Proposal and Marketing Assistant, Team Smiley Intern
Eat’n Park Job Opportunities
Individuals with little to no previous employment experience may find entry-level work with Eat’n Park lucrative. Dedicated to developing the careers of all employees, the restaurant management team comprises of approximately 50 percent promoted employees. The company offers associates the chance to take part in the streamlined training process, which promotes servers and other interested entry-level workers to assistant managers, restaurant managers, and then district managers. Especially motivated and committed individuals may earn jobs in the corporate offices. Additionally, the restaurant offers various internship programs to recent college graduates in fields such as marketing, management, IT, and human resources.
Eat’n Park atmospheres prove jovial and family-centric. Job hopefuls with customer service and foodservice experience may earn favor for hire. Individuals possessing patience and practice dealing with young children also enjoy increased prospects. The core values of the company include caring about people, passion for food, innovation, responsibility, integrity, diversity, and accountability. Candidates able to demonstrate commitment to and possession of such values may earn favor with hiring personnel.
Eat’n Park Positions and Salary Information
Individuals interested in available work with Eat’n Park must stand at least 16 years of age to receive consideration. As the company requires no formal employment experience or education, entry-level jobs persist as ideal for individuals in high school. Available positions suited for candidates pursuing job experience include:
- Though individuals with previous serving experience may receive preference for hire, any individuals with open availability and the physical capability to remain standing for the duration of shifts prove welcome to apply.
- Servers must possess excellent short-term memories, abilities to prioritize tasks, and willingness to work as part of teams.
- Customer service skills also persist as essential to server success.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, servers earn average hourly wages of $3.00, which does not include supplementary tips.
- Regular shift responsibilities include correctly relaying customer orders to cooks, taking drink orders, checking on tables periodically, maintaining the cleanliness of restaurant floors, and coordinating with greeters to ensure customers enjoy dining experiences.
- Physically demanding positions, dishwashers must stand, bend, squat, and reach over the course of shifts as well as frequently lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Though dishwashers rarely interact directly with customers, positive attitudes earn candidates preference during hiring processes.
- Teamwork, organization, and stamina may aid dishwasher in the completion of regular tasks, such as sanitizing dishes and other dining utensils, stocking equipment for cooks, and maintaining the cleanliness of dishwashing stations and restaurant grounds.
- Dishwashers typically work part-time and garner pay rates comparable to minimum wage.
- Generally, interested candidates must possess college educations and at least a year of foodservice experience, preferably in leadership positions, to earn consideration for assistant manager positions.
- Assistant managers must oversee subordinate employees, aid in the smooth operation of restaurant functions, create employee work schedules, take inventory, order new shipments, respond to customer concerns and complaints, and demonstrate company policies and customer service excellence through example.
- As such, assistant managers must prove highly organized, approachable, and poised individuals.
- A full-time job commitment, assistant managers receive salary packages of about $30,000 to $35,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls maintain the option of printing applications to submit to locations of choice or submitting resumes online. When taking advantage of printable applications, individuals should write information legibly in blue or black pen and attach resumes. Dress well when visiting restaurant locations and speak to hiring managers, if possible. Before submitting online or in person, job candidates should rework resumes to showcase relevant employment and trainings. Always check over work to ensure information appears correctly.
Individuals may communicate genuine desire for available work by reaching out to hiring personnel to check application statuses. Job candidates retain the option of calling locations, conducting restaurant visits, or emailing HR representatives. No matter the form of communication, applicants should conduct interactions politely, professionally, and with regard for the time and responsibilities of hiring managers.
Benefits of Working at Eat’n Park
The restaurant chain affords both full-time and part-time employees comprehensive worker benefit packages. Healthcare coverage provided by Eat’n Park includes:
- Life insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Short- and long-term disability, and
- Medical, dental, and vision plans.
Performance-based salaries, 401(k) retirement plans, up to 50% associate discounts on meals, scholarships, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and holiday pay prove available, as well.
More Information on Eat’n Park
Eat’n Park implemented several policies which promote sustainability. FarmSource, for example, prioritizes the purchase of locally grown food for menu items such as the salad bar and the coleslaw. The company also recycles fryer oil into bio-diesel fuel, utilizes energy-efficient lighting in most locations, and eliminated the use of paper products by switching to cloth rags, getting rid of placemats, and implementing air-centric driers in bathrooms.