EB Games is a subsidiary of GameStop that operates solely as an international brand. All U.S. locations were renamed upon merging in 2006. Applicants looking to work for the video game retailer can still find employment opportunities with the parent company.
Facts About Working at EB Games
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at EB Games?)
Available Positions: Assistant store manager, cashier, customer service representative, game advisor, sales associate, store manager
EB Games Job Opportunities
Job seekers with a passion for video games often fit perfectly with the game retailer. EB Games looks for candidates with great communication and merchandising skills as well as a strong knowledge of gaming. Entry-level opportunities currently exist in sales and customer service roles. Previous retail experience is a plus but not always needed.
Store managers should have additional schooling and retail experience in order to qualify for open positions. Therefore, the video game retailer routinely hires outside candidates. Workers who show promise can earn promotions.
EB Games Positions and Salary Information
Applicants who want to work for the video game retailer must be at least 16 years old. Manager and other full-time positions often require at least a high school diploma or GED. The most popular positions are listed below:
- Employees answer customer questions, keep merchandise stocked, and ring up final purchases.
- Game advisors earn a pay rate around $8.00 an hour.
- Candidates who are strong game lovers are ideal.
Assistant Store Manager
- Duties include supervising employees, training new hires, processing recalls, and taking new merchandise shipments.
- The starting hourly wage for assistant store managers is $12.00.
- Applicants who can be friendly and keep up in a quick paced environment work out best.
- Running the store at peak performance is the main task of the store manager.
- Store managers typically have a starting salary of $55k annually.
- Hard working individuals that possess supervision skill sets create great managerial candidates.
Tips for Applying
Application forms are available on the company website. Gather all relevant information before starting to save time. Make sure all spellings are correct and information is current before submitting the form. The video game chain asks for preferred workdays and times, pay, and if employees mind relocating. Resumes can be uploaded as part of applications.
Once online applications have been submitted, candidates have a profile on the company website. Job seekers can check back at regular intervals to see new postings and to check on their current application status. Applicants hear back from hiring managers in as little as a couple of days to as long as two weeks. Candidates can contact stores directly, which may speed things up.
Benefits of Working at EB Games
Workers typically enjoy a wide variety of job benefits. Along with a generous employee discount on merchandise, EB Games also offers tuition assistance, 401(k) retirement plans, and paid time off. The retailer offers medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as life insurance to all who qualify.
More Information about EB Games
After merging with GameStop in 2006, the EB Games name is no longer used in the United States. However, it is still used in Canada, Europe, and Australia. The video game giant is part of a much larger family now that includes Game Informer magazine, mobile-game publisher Kongregate, and online retailer ThinkGeek.