An economy hotel chain based primarily in North America, Econo Lodge remains part of the Choice Hotel system. Providing economical and affordable rooms to budget-conscious travelers, the chain offers over 800 locations in every state offering readily available jobs to interested applicants.
Facts About Working at Econo Lodge
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Econo Lodge?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Night Auditor, Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, Brand Planner, Business Analyst, Brand Performance Consultant, Marketing Strategy Director, Content Writer, Human Resources Manager, Support Supervisor, Customer Relations Specialist, Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist, Technical Analyst, Legal Specialist, Inside Sales Specialist, Sourcing and Solutions Specialist
Econo Lodge Job Opportunities
Started under the concept of a discount business hotel designed for the traveling businessperson, the company reaches out to travelers seeking reasonable accommodations. Located on or near busy interstates and highways, each location requires diverse staffs to operate. With multiple available positions designated as hourly and entry-level, applicants regularly choose from both full- and part-time shifts and earn industry-commensurate pay and generous benefits upon hire, as well. As a service-oriented industry, Econo Lodge employees must project strong interpersonal skills, communication abilities, and enjoyment in team environments.
Econo Lodge offers workers very little resistance in hiring for entry-level positions, as the company prefers to train incoming employees. However, previous experience in the hospitality field may prove beneficial in final hiring decisions. Typical roles personnel fill include housekeeper, front desk attendant, maintenance crew member, and laundry room worker. Career-minded individuals may seek out managerial roles in order to begin long-lasting vocations in the hotel field, as Choice Hotels operates over 6,000 locations worldwide and regularly promotes from within.
Positions and Salary Information for Econo Lodge
Employees must stand at least 18 years of age to qualify for employment with Econo Lodge. Flexible availability regularly proves necessary for most entry-level roles, as each location remains open 24 hours a day and seven days a week, which requires dedicated personnel to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and potentially holidays. Below sits the most frequently available positions:
- Accountable for separating, washing, drying, ironing, and folding hotel linens and towels, laundry attendants should demonstrate the ability to work both individually and in teams.
- Employees in attendant positions must frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds repetitively, stand walk, reach, stoop, bend, and kneel for prolonged periods of time, and must also push supplies and equipment around on service carts.
- A laundry attendant must maintain company standards of linen cleanliness and laundry room general maintenance, remain cognizant of linen inventories, and assist guests with exchanges and queries.
- Laundry attendants typically make between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- Also called housekeepers, room attendants retain numerous responsibilities throughout the course of any given shift.
- Attendants clean and prepare guest rooms and public areas, such as lobbies, meeting areas, and restrooms.
- Other duties include setting up cleaning carts with appropriate supplies, washing windows, doors, walls, closets, fixtures, and cleaning guest shower walls, tubs, toilets, and mirrors.
- Vacuuming, dusting, stripping linens, and regularly inspecting room equipment also proves crucial to everyday tasks.
- A room attendant may earn up to $10.00 an hour depending on location and experience.
Guest Service Representative
- A guest service representative conducts guest check-ins and checkouts, confirms room reservations, requests, and cancellations accordingly, and generally earns between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour.
- Associates must also secure payments, activate room keys, and process guest requests as needed.
- An active understanding of hotel policies, procedures, and amenities remains a must as the need to explain room features, directions, and necessary information may prove necessary.
- Adept interpersonal skills, strong communication capabilities, and the capacity to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time remain strong hiring preferences for the hospitality industry leader.
Tips For Applying
Applicants remain encouraged to utilize the online job portal to submit for available positions. Additionally, the company regularly posts open positions to third-party job sites and walk-in applications may still receive consideration. Information relevant to the position applied for should remain highlighted in hiring materials, if possible. Ensure resumes read clearly and information presented remains concise and updated before submitting.
Most current employees testify to quick responses for available positions, usually no more than two weeks from original submissions. For job seekers not contacted within the prescribed timeframe, reaching out to hiring managers directly, whether through email, phone, or in person may prove beneficial. When contacting human resource personnel, err on the side of caution during non-peak hours. Ask to speak to a manager directly, if possible, and bring an updated resume. Wearing appropriate dress may further convey serious interest in jobs at hand.
Benefits of Working at Econo Lodge
Employees gain access to retirement benefits, such as enrollment in 401(k) plans with company match, within the first three months of employment. Additionally, eligible associates also receive medical benefits, including:
- Prescription drug and vision coverages
- Life insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts, and
- Employee assistance programs.
Full-time associates enjoy holiday pay, vacation time, personal and sick leave, paid time off, and bereavement pay, as well. Workers may take advantage of hotel discounts at many Choice Hotel properties immediately upon hire.
Supplementary Information about Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge, through corporate parent Choice Hotels, continually gives back to surrounding communities and areas in need through various philanthropically motivated causes. Through grants and donations, the Choice Hotels International Foundation provides food, clothing, and shelter to in-need non-profit organizations across the country. Additionally, the company supports schools, workforce entry organizations, and offers scholarship programs. The hospitality industry leader also runs the Rooms to Rebuild program, which rehabilitates the homes of the low-income elderly, disabled veterans, and families with children at no cost to the homeowner for over 20 years.