Edible Arrangements operates a nationwide chain specializing in food telegrams. The marketable and highly popular company hires workers to fill a wide variety of positions, including customer service, sales, and delivery jobs in both part-time and full-time capacities.
Facts About Working at Edible Arrangements
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Edible Arrangements?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Delivery Driver, Manager, Arrangement Associate
Edible Arrangements Employment Opportunities
The typical work environments featured at Edible Arrangements locations include fast-paced, demanding, and customer-centric settings. Each retail store houses kitchens in which employees assemble baskets of goods for shipment. The heavy use of fresh fruit and other raw materials in daily responsibilities requires workers to adhere to strict health and safety guidelines. Health and safety practices remain integral throughout all phases of operations. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to clean, wash, prepare, handle, store, and discard food items as necessary.
Edible Arrangements hiring personnel also use the application process to look for motivated and creative individuals. The deadline-driven responsibilities employees undertake require some creativity in carrying out job duties. Many of the items sold by the chain involve customer specifications, which associates must try to either interpret or follow strictly. Designing the consumable bouquets, which typically include fruits, chocolates, and other edible props, requires the use of imagination.
Edible Arrangements Jobs and Salary Information
As a company heavily involved in the production and transportation of eatable goods, Edible Arrangements hires applicants no younger than 18. Positions available feature both part-time and full-time schedules. Applicants looking for entry-level work enjoy competitive base pay and comprehensive training. Career professionals also receive corporate guidance and enjoy generous annual salary options. The list below details common jobs for hire with the specialty foods retail chain:
Customer Service Representative
- An entry-level job featuring part-time and full-time scheduling options, the position of customer service representative carries out an integral function within store operations and places workers in fast-paced, patron-centric situations.
- Customer service representatives serve as the face of each retail store and take customer orders both over-the-counter and digitally via telephone and email.
- The use of computers plays a pivotal role in daily responsibilities.
- Job seekers should possess some familiarity with basic operating systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills also increase chances of receiving favorable hiring consideration.
- Upon hire, customer service representatives earn between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Typical work hours include mostly weekdays and some nights and weekends.
- While still invested in customer service job duties, the primary functions of fruit expert positions including multitasking between preparing arrangement orders, maintaining food supplies, and checking inventories.
- In addition to readying products for delivery and/or sale, the position also entails logging customer orders and ensuring deliveries arrive at intended destinations.
- Expedient, dedicated, and self-motivated individuals represent ideal fruit expert associates.
- Employees may work part-time or full-time in the position, which generally offers starting hourly pay similar to customer service representatives.
- An essential part of retail operations, delivery drivers transport goods sold in store directly to customers.
- Deliveries require individuals to use haste and arrive promptly as scheduled.
- Applicants must possess sound directional skills and understand the street layouts of surrounding areas.
- In order to qualify for the position, workers must possess reliable means of transportation, valid driver’s licenses, and records void of significant moving violations.
- Hours typically fluctuate based on demand and schedule of deliveries.
- Drivers may need to work longer hours around holidays like Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
- The position often pays $9.00 at start, with experienced associates pulling in as much as $11.00 or $12.00 over time.
Tips For Applying
Multitasking and maintaining the freshness of orders serve as the two most important expectations employees must live up to in order to thrive at Edible Arrangements. Experience working with food in retail settings may improve odds of gaining employment; however, the chain primarily looks for individuals with upbeat, positive attitudes and energetic personalities. Problem-solving skills and teamwork also play heavily into overall hiring decisions. During the interview process, demonstrate sound communication abilities and personal motivations for working in the specialty foods retail industry. Highlighting creative abilities, such as experience in design or the arts, may also work to the advantage of prospective hires.
The specialty food company allows applicants to create profiles through the corporate careers page, which enables prospective employees to submit applications online. After submitting the forms, applicants may log back in using personally generated usernames and passwords to check on the status of the hiring forms. However, most job seekers receive phone calls or emails within a week to schedule interviews if determined desirable by hiring staff. Applicants may wish to reach out to desired locations if no contact occurs within a week. Visiting stores in person generally proves most beneficial over any other method of follow-up contact.
Benefits of Working at Edible Arrangements
As a successful and growing company, Edible Arrangements offers employees a wide array of work benefits. Qualifying associates enjoy competitive pay and opportunities for professional growth, paid training, and flexible hours. Eligible workers also gain access to:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Life, medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Holidays off, and
- Other PTO.
Bonus programs based on referrals and performance also exist for qualified employees.
Additional Information on Edible Arrangements
Edible Arrangements operates as one of the Top 200 franchises in North America. According to surveys conducted by Franchise Systems business magazine, the specialty foods retailer ranks globally in terms of continued, profitable expansion. In 2014, Franchise Systems ranked the chain 128th, which represents the sixth consecutive ranking achieved by the Connecticut-based company since 2009.