Headquartered in the greater-St. Louis region of Missouri, Edward Jones offers both domestic and international job opportunities. Workers may apply for employment in the company corporate offices or through 11,000 branch locations in the U.S. and Canada.
Facts About Working at Edward Jones
Minimum Age to Work at Edward Jones: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Edward Jones?)
Edward Jones Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 8:30am-4:30pm; Closed Saturday and Sunday
Available Positions at Edward Jones: Financial Advisor, Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Branch Office Administrator, Inbound Sales Representative, Insurance Service Specialist, Internal Auditor, Business Development Coach, Broker, Stockbroker, Finance Manager, Investment Executive, Financial Planner, Financial Consultant, Account Executive, Financial Advisor Trainee, Investment Advisor, Investment Representative, Investment Consultant, General Accountant
Edward Jones Employment Opportunities
Edward Jones operations extend to more than 7 million customers worldwide. The international firm employs roughly 40,000 entry-level associates and career professionals to care for clients and provide expert financial services. Employees primarily work out of office settings featuring traditional business pretenses, with professional dress and courteous behaviors necessary at all times. Associates carry out daily responsibilities independently and as part of collaborative team efforts. Workers need sound communication skills in addition to formal training in fields like accounting and financing to gain employment.
Due to the competitive nature of the financial services industry, employment hunters looking to submit applications for Edward Jones jobs must possess four-year degrees or internships with similar institutions in order to qualify. Positions available offer full-time hours and entry-level hourly base pay, with opportunities to move into lucrative annual salary options over time. Individuals looking for mid-level positions may need to possess CPA certifications or managerial experience. Typical work weeks consist of 40 hours or more but remain limited to weekdays, in most cases, and closed holidays.
Edward Jones Job Outlook and Pay Information
Most of the jobs available with the prominent financial services chain include positions in branch offices working with clients directly. Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age for hiring consideration; however, possession of four-year degrees in related fields remain the primary qualification for employment. The job titles most commonly available for hire include:
- The primary positions offered through Edward Jones, financial advisor jobs involve analyzing and forecasting market trends and offering advice on investments.
- Applicants must demonstrate trustworthy, helpful, and knowledgeable attitudes and detailed insight into the financial markets.
- Despite entry-level status, the position requires graduation from accredited colleges with four-year programs and previous experience in the industry.
- Starting pay begins around $35,000 a year and rises commensurate with experience to over $100,000.
- The primary duties of branch administrators include data-entry, filing, organizing meetings, and compiling reports for the regional and corporate offices.
- No previous experience as an administrator proves necessary for employment.
- Regardless of backgrounds, job seekers with thorough understandings of Microsoft Office software, Windows operating systems, and general office filing systems gain preference during the hiring process.
- Like financial advisor employees, branch administrators work full-time and enjoy generous pay, with annual salary options topping out around $40,000.
Tips For Applying
One of the best ways to obtain employment with Edward Jones includes participating in the company internship program. The program guides up and coming financial services industry professionals through daily operations and exposes the aspiring associates to common law, trends, and work environments. Participants must show proof of current enrollment in four-year programs at accredited colleges or recent graduation for consideration.
After submitting applications to desired branches, workers remain encouraged to wait for responses from the appropriate personnel. Online submission of hiring forms results in automatic, generated email response confirming receipt of the materials. A hiring manager or recruitment officer then contacts prospective employees with the proper credentials who represent ideal fits with the company. Workers then go through series of interviews, including phone and in-person formats, to receive full consideration. On average, most candidates spend between two and six weeks going through each stage of the hiring process before receiving job offers.
Benefits of Working for Edward Jones
Health and wellbeing, financial stability, and long-term success factor into employee benefits packages available to qualified associates. In addition to generous pay scales and intensive training upon hire, eligible workers enjoy profit sharing and 401(k) retirement plans with company matching options. The financial services company also extends:
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and tuition reimbursement
Corporate career prospects also provide incentives for employment offering advanced salary options.
Background Information on Edward Jones
In effort to make investing easier for clients, Edward Jones offers a comprehensive company website allowing customers to track various markets and connect directly with financial advisors. Patrons may use the web portal to receive quotes on investments, find branch offices, and access personal financial portfolios. Customers may also refer friends using the company website, which often results in discounts on services.