Publicly traded Elizabeth Arden began in 1910. The cosmetics company employs more than 2,000 employees and boasts yearly revenue over $1 billion. Job benefits and salary options offered by the cosmetics retailer prove significantly attractive compared to industry standards.
Facts About Working at Elizabeth Arden
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Elizabeth Arden?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Beauty Advisor, Shift Lead, Assistant Manager, Counter Manager, Trade Marketing Associate, Training and Retail Sales Representative, Sales Account Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Packaging Development Engineer, Supply Planner, Accounts Receivable-Manager, Receiving/Warehouse Supervisor, Financial Analyst, Account Executive, Retail Executive
Elizabeth Arden Job Opportunities
Named after the innovative founding entrepreneur, Elizabeth Arden Inc. continues to lead the cosmetics industry. Corporate careers exist for experienced professionals, while storefronts generally offer jobs for less experienced, entry-level workers. The cosmetics specialty retailer mainly sells products within various department stores, as the company maintains no brand-specific store. However, entry-level sales jobs provide competitive salary options along with flexible work benefits packages. Experience and thorough demonstration of hard work and dedication to the company allow qualified employees to rise through the ranks of management.
Applicants seeking cosmetic industry work should possess aesthetic intuition and sales-driven goals. Naturally associated with sales, excellent customer service abilities outshine personal lack of industry knowledge. In order to sell products, associates must feel comfortable in the public eye and thrive under pressure. Though standard Elizabeth Arden paychecks do not depend on amount of merchandise sold, employees may receive rewards based on success. Part-time, full-time, and seasonal work stands readily accessible for job seekers living varied lifestyles. New associates typically receive part-time hours and remain first selections for weekend and holiday work.
Elizabeth Arden Job Openings and Salary Details
Ideal applicants possess some form of cosmetics knowledge. However, inexperienced candidates with passionate interests in beauty products assume roles regularly. Employees must stand at least 18 years of age. High school equivalent educations may provide preferential hiring consideration, although the company rarely disqualifies aspirants lacking basic education certifications. Commonly available entry-level jobs follow below:
- Using knowledge acquired through training, beauty advisors perform sales operations behind merchandise counters.
- As customers peruse product offerings, associates engage and walk patrons through the purchasing process.
- Workers must practice sales techniques to ensure meeting sales goals set in place by management.
- Math and computer skills, along with excellent customer service abilities, remain necessary for advisors.
- Ancillary responsibilities include upkeep of counter areas, stocking and arranging products, and answering telephones.
- Typical income rests around $10.00 per hour.
- To effectively sell products, the company provides samples to interested customers.
- Product demonstrators sway customer purchases by providing sample makeovers.
- Demonstrator aspirants should display make-up application aptitude and exude approachable and friendly character.
- As slow sales hours permit, workers coordinate with beauty advisors to execute basic cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Product demonstrators may also take makeover appointments.
- Typical starting wages remain comparable to beauty advisor earnings.
- Counter managers enforce store policies and keep up-to-date on the latest product information and industry news.
- Head managers must also perform the duties of virtually every job available in order to train new employees and to cover shifts left unattended by call-offs.
- While most managerial duties fall under counter management responsibility, the head manager may appoint shift leads or key holders for support.
- Managers typically earn annual salary options, with successful and experienced associates making $50,000 to $60,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Submitting applications in person remains the best way to apply for Elizabeth Arden jobs. While some positions prove accessible via online applications, many of the promoted online jobs require years of experience. However, applicants may check third-party websites to find entry-level openings. When turning in required job request forms, applicants fare well during the decision process by requesting to speak with hiring managers directly. As the store deals solely with cosmetic products, candidate appearances should reflect updated industry trends. Additional initiatives to increase chances of hire should involve researching company information and inquiring about work atmosphere from current employees.
The time between application submission and receiving interviews varies considerably on a case-to-case basis. Specific variables contribute to the timeframe candidates experience and may expedite or slow the process from a couple days to a few weeks. Simply following up with recruiters after turning in paperwork greatly increases the odds of interview offers. After completing interviews, job applicants may wait up to a few months to receive formal offers of employment, while some individuals report on-the-spot job offers. The timeframe greatly depends on store needs and number of applicants vying for similar positions.
Benefits of Working at Elizabeth Arden
Employees capitalize on early promotions and various specialized discounts. Paid time off opportunities allow for vacation, holiday, and sick pay. Access to optional comprehensive healthcare packages remains available, as well.
- Life insurance
- Wellness programs, and medical leave in addition to bonuses,
- 401(k) retirement plans, and flexible spending accounts offer employees excellent financial and wellbeing benefits.
Further Information on Elizabeth Arden
As an advocate for women across the world, the beauty retailer provides support for women fighting cancer. Specifically, the company launched a campaign on the social media website Pinterest as part of the Look Good Feel Better initiative. With the help of fellow Pinterest users, the company donated make-up products to women with cancer to improve self-esteem and quality of life for cancer-stricken individuals. Additional aid for individuals affected include complementary group, individual, and self-help beauty sessions.