Owned by parent company Hilton Worldwide, Embassy Suites operates as a franchised chain of upscale, all-suite hotels. With over 200 locations across the contiguous United States, the hospitality industry group offers little resistance to applicants seeking employment in either full-time careers or part-time service.
Facts About Working at Embassy Suites
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Embassy Suites?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Night Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Security Officer, Home Reservations Sales Specialist, Bell Person, Housekeeping Dispatch, Cook, Sous Chef, Font Office Manager, Banquet Cook, Night Auditor, Server, Room Service Associate, Cashier, Valet, Bartender, Busser, Host, Hostess, Customer Service Representative, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Delivery Driver, Inbound and Outbound Customer Service Consultant, Food and Beverage Associate, Human Resources Director
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Embassy Suites Job Opportunities
Aspiring to provide guests with all-inclusive stays at affordable rates remains the primary directive of Embassy Suites. Finding employees to embrace, fulfill, and embody the company goal remains important to the franchised hotel chain. Entry-level workers seldom need to meet many standards to gain employment, as cheery attitudes, positive dispositions, and desire to works in team settings rank among the most optimal hiring characteristics for positions such as front desk clerk, housekeeper, and a variety of restaurant-related jobs. All applicants must stand at least 18 years or older, though some states may allow younger applicants to obtain working permits in order to apply.
Experienced hospitality industry professionals may wish to apply for management opportunities within the upscale hotel chain. Candidates for upper-level supervisory roles typically need to possess education above a high school diploma and must hold years of experience in the hospitality industry. Job seekers looking to find mid-level management positions should attempt to acquire positions as department heads, such as front desk manager, housekeeping manager, or food and beverage manager. While experience in the field helps, most middle management positions remain promoted from within from a pool of candidates embodying hard work, positive attitudes, and genuine interest in the hotel business.
Embassy Suites Positions and Salary Information
Entry-level applicants typically meet little resistance in applying for positions, as possession of a high school diploma or equivalent serves as the only true hiring requirement. Prior experience in customer service remains a plus, though, when applying for the following positions:
Guest Service Agent
- Guest service agents act as front desk clerks and maintain responsibility for interacting with guests.
- Customer service employees must check in and check out guests while continuously delivering exceptional service and maintaining hotel profitability.
- Job functions encompass responding to guest inquiries, providing directions as necessary, and maintaining knowledge of hotel services and events.
- Guest service agents earn starting hourly wages around $9.00 and typically earn up to $12.00 an hour with tenure.
- Security officers perform duties to ensure the safety of both guests and team members.
- Responsibilities include patrolling the interiors and perimeters of the hotel, observing and identifying potential safety threats, and responding to emergency situations.
- Workers should possess optimal reading and writing skills, as writing and filing reports often prove necessary.
- Backgrounds in security or law enforcement may prove advantageous to applicants seeking employment in hotel protection.
- Security officers generally earn between $13.00 and $14.00 hourly pay.
- Housekeepers retain responsibility for maintaining cleanliness throughout the hotel, including guest rooms, common areas, and hallways.
- Duties comprise of stocking, changing, and replenishing guest amenities, towels, and linens daily.
- Other responsibilities encompass vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, making guest beds, and disposing of trash.
- Housekeepers typically earn minimum hourly wages up to $9.00 per hour.
- Associates may earn higher wages over time through promotion opportunities.
- Crew members in management positions typically oversee subordinate employees as department heads or as assistant general managers and general managers.
- Supervisors provide effective leadership, coordinate daily operations, and ensure guest stays meet company guidelines.
- Managers maintain responsibility for hiring, training, and coaching staff in order to effectually build strong, lasting team dynamics.
- Other responsibilities involve developing and keeping hotel budgets, managing cost against labor, and ensuring the condition of the hotel property remains up to corporate standards.
- Department heads typically earn between $15.00 and $17.00 an hour, while assistant general managers may earn salary options near $40,000 annually to start.
- General managers characteristically earn annual salaries commensurate with hotel location, profitability, and tenure.
- Most general managers earn in excess of $80,000 a year.
Tips for Applying
Interested candidates may apply either in person at the location of choice or online via the company job portal. Applying online allows job seekers the opportunity to search through available positions, read through duties and job descriptions, and apply for multiple positions at once. Begin by creating an account, which allows for uploading resumes and cover letters, and also entails answering a short questionnaire detailing past work experiences, personal information, and education backgrounds. Applying in person creates the possibility of interaction with management, who may perform on-the-spot interviews, as applying in person may show genuine interest in the job or, at the very least, permit candidates to experience the day-to-day functionality of the position through face-to-face research and shadowing.
Upon submitting all hiring materials, either online or through paper applications, candidates typically wait one to two weeks for confirmation from hiring personnel. Depending on the volume of candidates seeking similar positions, allow enough time to pass before contacting the preferred location of hire. In order to avoid becoming a nuisance to hiring managers with other duties to perform daily, limit follow-ups to phone calls or in-person visits once a week. Asking directly how best to follow up may prove beneficial to job seekers.
Benefits of Working at Embassy Suites
The franchised hotel chain offers team members vast arrays of job benefits. Both full-time and part-time associates enjoy hotel discounts, paid time off, and discount programs through company partnerships including banking services. Additional work benefits for full-time employees include:
- Vision, and
- Disability insurance.
The company also offers tuition reimbursement to qualifying candidates.
Additional Information for Embassy Suites
As an upscale, suite-style hotel, Embassy Suites offers every guest two-room suites with a separate bedrooms and living areas. Other amenities offered at each location include cooked-to-order breakfasts, which, unlike the standard continental breakfast, features made-to-order omelets, breakfast potatoes, and fresh options for every taste. The hospitality industry leader also offers complimentary drinks at evening receptions, which provide light appetizers and a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks beverages. Additionally, a recently created mobile phone app conveniently allows users to reserve a room or search locations.