Enterprise employs entry-level workers in part-time and full-time customer-oriented positions. By joining a global team, employees collaborate and grow the brand of a leading car rental company. With careers available in almost every business niche possible, opportunities appear endless.
Facts About Working at Enterprise Car Rental
Minimum Age to Work at Enterprise Car Rental: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Enterprise Car Rental?)
Enterprise Car Rental Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location; Typically open 7 days a week
Available Positions at Enterprise Car Rental: Service Agent, Customer Assistant Representative, Administrative Assistant, Driver, Management Trainee, Fleet Management Account Executive, Courtesy Bus Driver, Maintenance Technician, Auto Mechanic, Airport Service Agent, Exit Booth Agent, Return Agent, Financial Analyst, Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Sales Performance Manager, Pricing Analyst, Damage Supervisor, Project Manager, Human Resource Manager
Enterprise Job Opportunities
Founded by Jack Taylor in 1957, the company employs over 83,000 people. Ranked as one of the largest private companies in America, branches also operate in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Ireland. Servicing in various cities and airports, the rental company provides replacement cars due to accidents, mechanical repairs, theft, or even the occasional road trip. The business continuously earns awards for customer service and career development. Enterprise preserves a flourishing social media presence. Company Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube accounts geared toward careers invite prospective applicants into the lives of employees and detail operations. Successful individuals highlight stories of hard work and determination through postings, which provide background into daily responsibilities.
Enterprise commits to staff members by developing training programs to assist entry-level candidates into mid- and high-level careers. Workers with no experience enjoy part-time and full-time positions. With the focus of supporting coworkers, the company serves customers and develops lasting relationships. Job seekers generally fall into categories such as entry-level professionals, students, management trainees, and experienced professionals. Within each group, openings emerge in finance, automotive, administrative, customer service, technology, and sales.
Enterprise Positions and Pay Scales
Rated as a top company to work for, Enterprise seeks applicants with necessary education and experience levels to fill positions. Qualified applicants must meet the minimal age requirement of 18 years old. Positions demand high school diplomas or equivalents with advanced education preferred. Most openings require valid driving permits with no more than two moving violations or at-fault accidents. Alcohol related charges disqualify an applicant for up to five years. Candidates interested in openings may find opportunities in the following positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Creative individuals exhibiting exceptional interpersonal skills flourish in customer service positions.
- By using innovative ideas, representatives resolve client issues and handle roadside assistance questions.
- General inquiries may include rental concerns and complaints, researching reservations, and communicating branch policies.
- Employees must also learn the policies and procedures of the company.
- Ideal associates provide timely and accurate information while developing relationships with renters.
- Customer retention and development remain primary focuses of representative jobs.
- Hourly wages between $9.00 and $15.00 accompany the positions.
- Occasionally, work-from-home options emerge.
- Associates working from home must possess PCs with operating systems above or equivalent to Windows Eight or Nine.
- Vehicles undergo thorough cleanings before offered to renters.
- Auto detailers manage care and maintenance of cars on company lots.
- With pay rates of $8.00 to $9.00 an hour, detailers only need six months of previous experience.
- Entry-level workers perform regular non-mechanical maintenance, move vehicles, and complete duties assigned by managers.
- Some cleaning requires operating washing equipment, scrubbing exteriors by hand or with brushes, polishing, drying, adding windshield fluid, and removing stains.
- Detailers maintain licenses with clean driving records, as employees periodically transport vehicles from offices and airports.
Sales Management Trainee
- With salary options between $26,000 and $45,000 a year, trainees polish management skills and learn the business from the ground up.
- During the first year, employees engage in sales, marketing, customer service, operations, and finance.
- Upon completion of evaluations, management trainees receive opportunities to advance into other positions.
- The program empowers individuals to find niches within business settings.
- Qualified candidates should obtain bachelor’s degrees; however, associate degrees with two years of previous sales and customer service experience may suffice.
- High school graduates or equivalents may also apply with three years of customer-oriented experience.
Tips For Applying
Applicants begin the hiring process by searching through available positions on the career portal. Individuals may browse by locations, categories, or groups. A recent jobs section highlights openings just posted. Job hopefuls may also sign up for job alerts and receive notifications through email about available positions. After selecting jobs, contenders create online profiles and submit resumes into the database for recruiters. Candidates interested in the management training program should only submit one job application. The process may become inhibited if submitted for more than one location.
Hiring managers respond to resumes in timely fashions. After applying for positions, candidates enjoy access to recently submitted applications through online accounts. Candidate dashboards display current statuses next to job titles. Job hopefuls should check the site before following up in-person or over the phone in case errors or missing information emerges on forms. Applicants also possess the power to withdraw submitted job applications online. By making personal appearances in branches, job seekers learn more about working environments and showcase skills to potential team members, as well.
Benefits of Working for Enterprise
Based on eligibility, associates enjoy healthcare coverage, including vision, dental, and medical insurance.
- Accidental death and life insurance also provide comfort to worried families.
- Paid time off supplies employees with personals days, holidays, and vacations.
- Financial benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans and discounts on services and products, allow staff members to work toward the future.
- Workers handle current needs through employee assistance programs.
Additional benefits include employee referral rewards, adoption assistance, and rental discounts.
More Information on Enterprise
The company initiative Enterprise Sustainable Construction Protocol launches guidelines for new and retrofitted buildings ensuring environmental safety. Enterprise occupies more than 60 countries and territories. With the proposal of $150 million invested over five years toward sustainable construction, the company works busily to accomplish the goal. The establishment spent nearly $5.7 million to improve the airport branches. Some of the upgrades include energy-efficient site and canopy lighting and upgraded signage using LED technology. Other locations develop green roofs, systems for recycling carwash water, and storm-water detention and retention systems. The rental company reduces energy costs while also creating healthier workplaces.