Well-known skincare manufacturer Estee Lauder markets fragrances, makeup, and lotions. Job seekers find plentiful opportunities for gainful employment with the American company. Positions remain accessible to entry-level applicants with interests in fashion, skincare, and customer service.
Facts About Working at Estee Lauder
Minimum Age to Work at Estee Lauder: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Estee Lauder?)
Estee Lauder Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-10:00pm ; Sun: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Available Positions at Estee Lauder: Beauty Advisor, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Counter Manager, Account Coordinator, Account Executive, Education Executive
Estee Lauder Job Opportunities
Founded in 1946 by an enterprising businesswoman of the same name, Estee Lauder remains popular among fashion-conscious women worldwide. Consequently, demand for company products proves high enough for the cosmetics retailer to maintain product sales counters within larger department stores. The leading skincare brand staffs dedicated customer service employees to perform sales jobs. Over 40,000 people work for the company.
Entry-level job opportunities remain readily obtainable to style-conscious employment hopefuls in over 100 countries. Though previous work history in the beauty industry may aid applicants, many individuals without any formal backgrounds or training find work with Estee Lauder. Experienced candidates may find careers in management positions, as well. Corporate jobs may also prove available in finance, human resources, marketing, and administrative roles. Company headquarters stand in New York City, NY.
Estee Lauder Jobs and Pay Scales
Candidates must stand at least 18 years of age to work for the company. In general, job opportunities involve working at sales counters in malls and/or department stores. The following positions constitute the most readily available jobs with Estee Lauder:
- Typically earning about $10.00 per hour, beauty advisors help customers make satisfying purchases.
- Responsibilities revolve around processing payments, explaining the benefits of particular merchandise, and helping customers locate desired products.
- Applicants undergo training to gain extensive familiarity with available products.
- Qualifications consist of communication skills, the ability to perform duties in fast-paced sales environments, and flexible availabilities.
- Job seekers with previous beauty advising experience largely gain preference from hiring managers.
- However, the positions still remain lucrative opportunities for entry-level candidates looking to begin careers in the skincare industry.
- Counter managers supervise beauty advisors and oversee store operations.
- Other job duties include interacting with store management, double-checking sales numbers and register totals, and providing performance feedback to subordinates.
- Additionally, employees need to recruit, interview, hire, and train new workers on a consistent basis.
- Candidates with prior management experience and high school diplomas or GED equivalents usually stand the best chances of obtaining counter manager positions.
- Managers generally make around $15.00 an hour and may receive pay raises with time and excellent job performance.
Tips For Applying
Applicants should research company policies and available products before applying, if possible. Prepare for potential questions from hiring personnel and answer in calm and confident manners. In addition, individuals need to possess reliable transportation to and from work, flexible availabilities, and work permits, if applicable. Candidates for all positions should generally expect to include resumes and cover letters with applications. Job hopefuls may apply online or inquire in person at product counters.
After submitting job applications, candidates may wait to hear back from hiring managers. On average, wait times fall between two and three weeks. However, employment seekers may take the initiative and make contact first through store visits and/or phone calls, which often shows staffing personnel applicants take the job hunt seriously and maintain professional commitment to success. Always remain polite and courteous when speaking with a potential employer.
Benefits of Working at Estee Lauder
As a thriving corporation, Estee Lauder offers generous job benefits packages to qualified employees.
Health insurance options often include:
- Life, and disability coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans also remain accessible to help associates save for the future.
Discounts on products constitute employment benefits largely open to both full-time and part-time employees of all positions. Vacation time, sick days, and other paid time off may prove available to eligible workers, as well.
More Information on Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder grew up in New York and learned about entrepreneurship through participation in the family hardware business. Lauder and her husband, Joseph, collaborated to open her namesake business. The innovator and businesswoman remained active in the affairs of the skincare company up until passing away in 2004. Corporate affairs continue to involve members of the family. For example, Evelyn Lauder, daughter of the company founder, played a major role in designing the iconic pink ribbon logo for breast cancer awareness, which remains a cause the brand supports. In addition, William Lauder, grandson of Estee, persists as executive chairman for the business.