Focusing on travelers in need of single night stays or longer durations, Extended Stay America owns and operates nearly 700 locations across the country. With continued growth, the hotel industry leader offers employees opportunities for professional growth and flexible, hourly roles, as well.
Facts About Working at Extended Stay America
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Extended Stay America?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Representative, Front Desk Agent, Customer Service Representative, Housekeeping Attendant, Maintenance Engineer, Porter/Hotel Assistant, Night Laundry Attendant, Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Extended Stay America Job Opportunities
Employees remain integral to success at every Extended Stay America. Entry-level roles, such as front desk agent, housekeeper, guest services representative, maintenance worker, and groundskeeper, make up the majority of the available positions, as the need for multiple employees to fill similar roles over various shifts stands necessary. Many associates continue to move up through the company ranks via promotion from within. Managerial roles may consist of shift supervisors, leaders in each department, assistant general managers, and general managers. While hiring processes dedicated to bringing on entry-level workers remain flexible and straightforward, most career-level opportunities request additional on-the-job experience and formal education.
Each location features studio suites punctuated with modern flair and boasting separate living, dining, and sleeping areas. Rooms offer plenty of workspace for business travelers, with fully equipped kitchens to handle large groups or family occupancy. In order to provide each service, Extended Stay America needs to hire workers able to meet only the highest quality standards and displaying genuinely warm attitudes, approachable demeanors, and the capability to work in team environments. Entry-level roles generally reflect both full- and part-time opportunities and regularly feature varying hours, as locations remain open all day as well as weekends and most holidays.
Extended Stay America Positions and Salary Information
The privately held hotel chain insists applicants stand 18 years or older in order to apply for available positions. Holding high school diplomas or GEDs may prove beneficial for potential hires, as well. The most readily available positions sit below:
- A housekeeper retains responsibility for a variety of tasks over the course of an assigned shift.
- Various duties include stocking and maintaining cleaning carts, cleaning guest units thoroughly in accordance with company standards, and reporting maintenance issues immediately.
- Employees must regularly interact with guests, which necessitates friendly manners and willingness to provide the best customer service.
- A housekeeper must also preserve the overall cleanliness of common areas, such as bathrooms, lobbies, break rooms, and guest laundry facilities.
- A physically demanding job, housekeepers must habitually stand, walk, carry, reach, stoop, kneel, and climb to perform duties.
- The position typically offers hourly pay at or near $10.00.
- Keeping property equipment functioning, as well as preserving guest units and sustaining property premises, a maintenance technician typically works full-time hours and earns hourly pay hovering around $14.00.
- A maintenance associate performs both scheduled and preventative maintenance, inspections, picks up loose trash and debris, and maintains the cleanliness of building exteriors and surrounding grounds.
- Employees tasked with maintenance duties must keep accurate records of work performed, and while the company readily trains in all necessary services, a background in general handiwork, fire safety, mechanical work, and HVAC may prove extremely beneficial in the hiring process.
- A maintenance technician may work in on-call capacities in addition to regular hours.
Guest Services Representative
- Acting much like a front desk agent, a guest services representative processes reservations, registrations, payments, and departures.
- In addition, employees must respond to guest requests in order to assure satisfactory outcomes, offer assistance as needed, and handle collection issues for in-house balances.
- A guest services representative must conduct courtesy calls, build sales through reservations and inquiries, and demonstrate strong commitment to providing exceptional guest experiences at all times.
- On average, guest services representatives earn between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Interested applicants may apply for positions with the hotel chain through the company online job portal. However, candidates must first create new user accounts in order to apply for positions. The careers page offers a straightforward search option in order to find available roles at hiring locations. After submitting hiring materials, applicants may apply for positions at will. In order to appeal to hiring managers, customize resumes and cover letters to the job description provided and focus on experiences related to the position, if possible.
Job seekers typically hear back from human resource personnel within one or two weeks of initial application submissions. Registered users may log in at any time to check on current application statuses and reapply for open positions with regularity. For applicants not hearing back from hiring managers, calling, emailing, and visiting particular locations of hire may prove beneficial, as well. As locations remain open 24 hours, reaching the manager in charge of the department hiring may prove difficult, though asking to speak to the manager on duty may at least establish necessary contact and lead to further conversations.
Benefits of Working at Extended Stay America
Employees regularly enjoy access to various work benefits, including health coverage like medical, dental, vision, and prescription medicine plans. Depending on work status, associates may enjoy paid time off, holiday pay, vacation time, and sick pay. Employees typically receive uniform reimbursement, paid trainings, and discounted hotel stays at company locations, as well. For full-time employees, retirement benefits, such as 401(k) plans also typically remain available.
Additional Information about Extended Stay America
Extended Stay Hotels, the parent company for Extended Stay America, offers travelers a unique blog experience in order to stay up to date on traveling in America during the 21st century. Entitled “Road Warrior Tips,” the blog documents a variety of information, including events, air travel, food, music, and news documenting different cities and destinations. For instance, under one tab labeled “On the Road,” readers may find articles from why AAA remains a lifesaver during travel to the top ten eateries every foodie should try while visiting Boston.
Extended stay pays only the Minimum wage $8.05 for Housekeeper, and is only part time or on call.