Partnered with Chevron, Extra Mile provides surrounding communities with conveniently located combination gas stations and convenience stores. Experiencing continual growth, the chain requires individuals of varied skills and employment backgrounds to fill full-time and part-time roles.
Facts About Working at The Extra Mile
Minimum Age to Work at The Extra Mile: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Extra Mile?)
The Extra Mile Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at The Extra Mile: Cashier, Gas Station Clerk, Maintenance Worker, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Extra Mile Employment Prospects
Extra Mile boasts about 1,000 locations in 17 states, which includes Hawaii and Alaska. Rapidly expanding, the gas station often recruits individuals to fill entry-level and managerial jobs. Available jobs necessitate the completion of many diverse duties. Available positions demand workers with experience in foodservice, retail, maintenance, and management. Any individuals able to demonstrate and highlight relevant employment experiences may earn the favor of hiring managers.
Conversely, career-minded individuals with little or no formal work experiences may find fulfilling employment with the combination gas station and convenience store chain. As a partner of Chevron, Extra Mile provides employees with several hours of training and access to career growth opportunities. The chain values commitment, innovation, and hard work. Job seekers sharing similar standards should demonstrate like-minded thinking during the interview process to receive preference for hire.
Extra Mile Positions and Salary Information
The gas station and convenience store company requires applicants to stand at least 18 years of age to receive consideration for available work, as the sale of tobacco and alcohol products comprises a large amount of company transactions. Additionally, individuals possessing open availability fare well during hiring processes, as Extra Mile remains open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Consistently available work includes:
- Attendant positions persist available in full-time and part-time capacities.
- Individuals interested in available work as attendants must remain able to stand, squat, and bend for the duration of shifts and occasionally lift substantial amounts of weight.
- On average, Extra Mile attendants earn minimum wage to start but maintain several opportunities for advancement and wage increases.
- Job responsibilities include replenishing stock, preparing food items, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, ringing up customer purchases, providing change as necessary, upholding the cleanliness of restrooms and store sales floors, and answering customer questions.
- Candidates should possess excellent customer service capabilities, as the job requires constant interaction with diverse individuals.
- Available managerial positions include assistant managers and store managers.
- Job seekers interested in management should possess exceptional leadership qualities, customer service abilities, and organizational skills.
- Generally, individuals considered for available openings hold several years of experience as leaders in related industries, though promotion into management remains available for diligent and ambitious workers.
- Regular duties of both assistant and store managers include directly responding to customer concerns and complaints, supervising subordinate staffs, taking inventory, creating work schedules, handling payroll, seeking and training new talent, administering positive feedback and constructive criticism, contributing to sales goals of the store, and generally ensuring the smooth operation of locations.
- Usually full-time positions, assistant and store manager jobs offer salary packages of about $45,000 to $50,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Though a separate portal does not exist for Extra Mile, individuals interested in submitting applications for available jobs may seek opportunities on the Chevron company website. To access online applications, candidates must register with the job hosting portal. To expedite the process, individuals may collect personal information, work histories, and educational backgrounds before beginning. Additionally, job seekers may benefit from reworking resumes to highlight relevant experience, skills, and training before uploading the documents to the applications.
Connecting with employers to check on the status of applications may positively affect the hiring decisions of managers, as reaching out shows genuine interest in available work. Hiring personnel tend to contact applicants within one to two weeks after application submissions due to consistent turnover rates. Job candidates fare well checking application statues between the first and second week and maintain the option of calling, visiting stores, or emailing HR representatives. Regardless of method, all communications should persist as polite and considerate of the time of hiring managers.
Benefits of Working at Extra Mile
Extra Mile employees enjoy comprehensive work benefits packages. Available healthcare coverage includes:
- Dental plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts and dependent care
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Adoption assistance, and
- Fitness initiative programs remain available to qualifying associates as well
Additionally, workers benefit from competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and employee discounts. Job benefit eligibility may depend on status as full-time or part-time.
More Information on Extra Mile
Parent company Chevron remains a leading producer of oil and natural gas. The company continues to seek new technologies which help find, develop, and produce crude oil. Recognizing a place within the world community, the combination gas station and convenience store takes sustainability and safety very seriously. Continued efforts to preserve the environment persist as very important to the oil producer. Both the international parent company and Extra Mile promote programs designed to protect biodiversity, improve water quality, reduce greenhouse gases, and explore alternative fuel sources.