A public company, Fairway Market represents a highly successful grocery store chain operating across the Greater New York City area. The supermarket lists on the NASDAQ and annually entertains millions of customers. Job seekers looking for employment with a prominent and respected grocery store should fill out an application now. Applicants across the Tri-State Area may take advantage of available entry-level jobs, managerial careers, and opportunities in distribution, marketing and other corporate professional avenues.
Facts About Working at Fairway Market
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fairway Market?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Meat Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Store Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Assistant Produce Buyer, Pharmacy Technician, Jewelry Assistant Manager, Support Center Analyst, Customer First Clerk, Floral Manager, Grocery Night Stock Leader, Deli Coordinator, Produce Coordinator, Bakery Coordinator, Grocery Coordinator, Adult Beverage Department Manager, Grocery Department Manager, Retail Store Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Store Management Trainee
Fairway Market Employment Opportunities
Despite the range of job opportunities available with Fairway Market, the grocery store chain most regularly hires for entry-level positions. Featuring both part-time and full-time schedule capabilities, available entry-level jobs include flexible scheduling options, paid training, and complimentary uniforms. Employees may also graduate into managerial positions offering annual salary options and job benefits packages.
Each store features over a dozen highly specific departments. Applicants may choose from general customer service work or sales and stock positions at Fairway Market locations. The minimum age for employment consideration rests at 18. Applicants must also typically possess the ability to either engage with customers in friendly, courteous, and attentive manners or perform manual labor, depending on specific job title. Complete an online job application to receive additional information on work available.
Fairway Market Job Descriptions and Pay Information
The most basic job titles available generally require no formal or related experience for employment consideration. Fairway Market jobs often cater to individuals in need of part-time or flexible schedules; however, candidates in the hunt for full-time, long-term job opportunities may also find viable employment options with the regional supermarket chain. Applicants may readily apply online for the following jobs:
- Fairway Market store clerk jobs entail a variety of responsibilities ranging from packing and unpacking products and merchandise, stocking shelves, assisting in sales, basic sanitation and organization, and various departmental duties.
- Workers in meat and seafood departments may spend time preparing cuts of meat, while dairy and deli workers prepare and slice cheeses and cold cuts.
- Produce clerks often wash and arrange fruits and vegetables, while floral workers undertake arranging bouquets and creating appealing displays.
- Personality plays a large role in gaining employment as a clerk.
- The grocery store only hires applicants with outgoing, approachable demeanors and excellent personal hygiene habits.
- Clerk jobs exist in both part-time and full-time capacities.
- Physical demands of the job may require applicants to lift up to 60 pounds for employment consideration.
- The average clerk earns between minimum wage and $9.00 an hour.
- As one of the first and last employees customers encounter while shopping at Fairway Market stores, cashiers must possess exceptional personalities.
- Ideal candidates smile often, speak clearly and audibly, greet each patron in a friendly manner, and speak highly of amenities, services, customers, and coworkers at all times.
- Cashiers must also work quickly and efficiently.
- The position requires applicants to possess strong physical abilities, including the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Due to the position generally featuring part-time hours, applicants must often work varied or irregular schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Minimum wage represents the average starting pay for cashiers, with experienced associates earning up to $9.00 per hour.
- Job duties for Fairway Market managers often vary by department.
- Overall, managers take responsibility for checking inventory and shipments, opening and closing procedures, hiring and training new workers, and setting schedules.
- Flexible work schedule availability proves necessary for managers, as the grocery store chain may implement irregular shifts or longer days to total weekly hours.
- Previous experience up to three years’ minimum often proves necessary for employment.
- Managers look after the cleanliness and overall organization of store departments.
- The positions also involve some marketing and sales.
- Department managers make around $30,000 to $35,000 a year at start and up to $50,000 or $60,000 annually.
- Salary options for general managers peak around $100,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
Grocery stores need reliable individuals with the ability to assume varied schedules and perform manual labor on a regular basis. Job hopefuls must stand in good health and enjoy interacting with wide ranges of people for employment consideration. Most jobs involve standing in place or walking on foot for up to six hours a day. The fast paces of daily operations also call into question applicant stamina and physical endurance. Showing up in person during some portion of the hiring process to demonstrate or personally describe related abilities often benefits candidates in the long run.
The Fairway Market online careers hub allows workers to check on application statuses with the simple click of a button. Applicants log into personal profiles created to access the hiring forms and then locate the tab marked View Submitted Applications. Visiting locations personally or placing phone calls also serves as a reliable means of checking on applications. Plan visits and time phone calls around slower hours, as managers may not possess the freedom to talk with candidates directly during specific portions of the day.
Benefits of Working at Fairway Market
Fairway Market provides ample avenues for employees to move up into senior positions, like manager or supervisor. In addition to career advancement potential, the supermarket chain offers:
- Paid training
- Competitive wages
- General discounts on merchandise, and
- Access to employment benefits packages.
Associates qualifying for employee benefits receive:
- Healthcare coverage,
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Paid time off.
Additional Details on Fairway Market
Based in New York and Connecticut, Fairway Market began in Long Island, NY. A supermarket chain committed to general groceries and fine delicacies, the grocery store employs cheesemongers and wine connoisseurs to select products. The reputed goods sold at long-tenured grocery store spur ongoing success for the chain, which continues to grow throughout New York and surrounding states.