Committed to long-term stability, Farmers Insurance started in 1928 based on the notion rural drivers deserve lower premiums than urban customers. As of July 2015, the insurance company meets the needs of more than 10 million households. Thousands of jobs persist for motivated workers.
Facts About Working at Farmers Insurance
Minimum Age to Work at Farmers Insurance: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Farmers Insurance?)
Farmers Insurance Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm; Closed Saturday and Sunday
Available Positions at Farmers Insurance: Agent, Customer Service Representative, Financial Sales Representative, Administrative Assistant, Accountant, Actuary, Auditor, Claims Adjuster, Claims Clerk, Sales Professional, Product Manager, Marketing Associate, Human Resources Representative, Underwriter, Captive Agency Sales and Service Rep, Claims Representative - Liability, Contract Paralegal, Finance Department Summer Intern, Agency Trainer, Life Sales Specialist
Farmers Insurance Job Opportunities
One of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes, and small businesses, Farmers Insurance maintains approximately 20 million individual polices. The goal of constantly growing teams, services, and products offered remains a priority. Spanning all 50 states, the insurance company assists around 50,000 independent agents. Career aspirations from the nearly 24,000 employees also stand important to the mission of the business. Competitive wages and comprehensive job benefits packages create a workforce ready to bring success to the large company.
As the world changes, Farmers steadily grows with modern times. The University of Farmers, highly regarded in the industry, provides training programs geared toward employee development. The school directly ties curriculums into the strategic goals of corporate protocolwith focus on innovation. In 2014, the program received induction into the Hall of Fame at Training Magazine. Entry-level opportunities encourage individuals with excellent communication skills to become experts in insurance. Additional openings in advanced job titles also hold available for candidates with previous experience.
Career and Salary Information for Farmers Insurance
Customer service related jobs require applicants to maintain flexible scheduling availability due to 24-hour call center hours. However, some positions may operate during normal business hours. High school diplomas or equivalents generally hold mandatory with advanced degrees preferred. Other traits possessed by candidates include top-notch communication skills, basic mathematic abilities, and computer knowledge. Entry-level applicants typically qualify for the job titles below:
- Incoming calls direct to receptionists.
- The position requires the ability to gather information, take messages, and forward responses.
- Occasionally, workers handle long-distance calls and operate fax equipment.
- Policyholders, claimants, and visitors transfer to the appropriate department due to receptionists.
- Staff members also perform security checks for any persons entering the building, including other employees.
- Team members may engage in typing and data entry in order to maintain company manuals and procedure bulletins.
- Climate-controlled office buildings allow for pleasant work environments along with exceptional work benefits and competitive salaries.
- Hourly wages range between $8.00 and $12.00 for candidates with the necessary qualifications.
Customer Service Associate
- Results-driven individuals make pay rates close to $25,000 a year and higher depending on commission earned.
- Customer service experience generally helps associates gain employment.
- Workers commonly possess active listening skills and remain respectful, caring, and patient at all times.
- Some clients may call in to report claims, which leaves employees as the first points of contact.
- Other consumers may request status updates on reports filed.
- Team members hold the responsibility of offering customers additional services like rentals, repair services, and fire restoration, among others.
- By answering billing-related questions from customers and agents, representatives offer clarification on accounts and policies.
- Workers should utilize skills to create the ultimate experience for policy holders.
- Often reviewing problems, workers gather information when necessary to resolve inquiries and analyze transactions.
- Annual salary packages start at $35,000 and exceed $40,000 for individuals possessing the required skill sets.
- Verbal and written communication allow staff members to interact properly with clients and ensure company policies remain followed.
- Other necessary skills include basic mathematics, the ability to produce innovative ideas, and comfortability working in team environments.
- One year of previous experience poses as a minimum qualification.
Tips For Applying
Extensive searches allow candidates to browse available opportunities through an online career portal. Locations, job fields, types, schedules, and levels all fluctuate the results of searches. After selecting positions, applicants read through job functions and requirements to either apply, share through social networks, or move on to another opening. When applying online, employment seekers must create profiles and provide basic information. Potential employees may also choose to apply to local branches owned by agents. By demonstrating professionalism and superior communication skills, aspirants may request the attention of agents and provide detailed resumes.
The average hiring process consists of a phone interview and an in-person meeting. Applicants should expect to wait between one and three weeks after submitting online applications to hear back from company recruitment personnel. On average, recruiters call candidates and schedule interviews ranging from a few days to a week later. To follow up on submissions, aspirants may begin by viewing job profiles on the career portal to check materials successfully submitted. Phone calls or in-person visits allow prospective workers to check on application statuses and even speed up processes.
Employment Benefits at Farmers Insurance
Committed to offering competitive rewards for employees, Farmers Insurance provides job benefits packages to full-time and part-time workers. Long-term stability begins with bonus plans, 401(k) retirement programs including company matching, and tax-advantaged programs like health and dependent spending and savings accounts. Health insurance also provides support with dental, vision, life insurance, and wellness programs offering gym discounts. Individuals seeking personal time enjoy paid time off and vacation days. An employee assistance program remains available with a 24-hour hotline number to provide counseling sessions, as well.
Further Information about Farmers Insurance
To demonstrate concern for employees during hardships, the Farmers Family Fund allows workers to receive tax-deductible contributions from fellow coworkers. Launched in March 2012, the 501(c)(3) foundation helps staff members of the Farmers Family experiencing financial hardships, life-threatening illness or injuries, recovering from natural disasters, sudden drops in income, or deaths of spouses or children. The program helped victims in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, with Farmers Insurance matching up to $10,000 of donations to help get supplies and care. The donations also aided the American Red Cross, which allowed Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware to receive some relief.