A pop culture icon and California-based burger chain, Fatburger specializes in cooked-to-order, fresh-not-frozen, all beef patties. Maintaining the same standards since 1952, the franchised restaurant operates across the world and continues to find new markets and offer new jobs along the way.
Facts About Working at Fatburger
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fatburger?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Food Counter Attendant, Grill Cook, Food Service Supervisor, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Fatburger Job Opportunities
With over 150 locations and growing, Fatburger consistently needs to add dedicated, customer-oriented, and fun-loving employees to provide top-notch customer experiences. With turn-back-the clock atmospheres, complete with juke boxes, vintage booths, and tile floors, the burger eatery appeals to families and retro fans alike. Candidates with an affinity for nostalgia, the ability to work in fast-paced environments, and desires to provide exceptional food service may find hiring preference during the application process. Entry-level work opportunities generally require no minimum conditions on prior experience outside of age requirements, and the restaurants enduring popularity typically allows for job seekers to capitalize on such continued success.
Some of the most common types of jobs available include servers, cashiers, prep cooks, and sandwich artists; however, such positions fall under the team member moniker, as all employees typically share in overall operations. The job duties for the average position requires continual and direct contact with guests and direct collaboration with coworkers in order to succeed. Team members may also perform physical exertions such as bending, standing for the duration of shifts, twisting, reaching, and lifting in order to perform daily tasks. Fatburger also offers management opportunities, of which may hinge upon further experience and educational backgrounds in order to qualify.
Fatburger Salary Information and Positions
The minimum hiring age stands at 18 for Fatburger jobs. A high school diploma or the equivalent GED also remains necessary in order to qualify for hire. Employees receive either part-time or full-time hours, with preference typically given to associates displaying multiple availabilities, including day, night, and weekend shifts. The following represent the most often available positions:
- Considered multi-task positions with the burger joint, team members serve varying purposes on a daily basis.
- Greeting customers, taking food orders, preparing food, delivering orders, and visiting tables to ensure quality and contentment, a team member must display a proficiency for understanding and learning each position.
- Essential duties include maintaining company quality control for preparing and presenting food, interacting with customers in a professional and courteous manner, handling transactions accurately and efficiently, and suggestively selling while actively engaging positive customer feedback.
- Working in team environments proves essential to everyday success.
- A team member may earn up to $10.00 an hour.
- As a position designed to provide oversight of team members and restaurant operations during a certain shift, a shift leader performs much of the same duties as a team member with leadership responsibilities added to everyday duties.
- Other obligations include training new team members, performing daily inventories, and ensuring the quality of food produced.
- Shift leaders answer directly to restaurant management and typically only lead staff during scheduled shifts as opposed to performing administrative and clerical work.
- A shift leader may earn between $11.00 and $12.00 hourly pay.
Tips for Applying
In order to apply for available positions, candidates must join the company talent network and build profiles to receive job alerts, updates, and the capacity to share available roles with others through social media. Applicants fill out a simple form requiring personal information, contact details, and providing the opportunity to upload resumes. By joining the talent network, job seekers may easily apply for multiple positions with regularity. Gather hiring materials before starting for a more efficient input process and allow up to 30 minutes for initial registration.
With joining the company talent network, applicants may check on application status by logging in or by checking email, as the company regularly sends out alerts and communiques to update both recent searches and applications. Visiting, emailing, or calling hiring locations may prove beneficial for candidates wishing to prove genuine interest in current hiring opportunities, as well. When contacting hiring managers about current openings, job hopefuls should avoid peak business hours to show respect for manager time and efforts. Humbly remind hiring managers of application date, if possible, and remain prepared for on-the-spot interviews.
Benefits of Working at Fatburger
As a franchised business, the chain offers employees work benefits, which may vary from location to location. For the most part, locations offer employees flexible scheduling, opportunities for advancement, and exceptional rates of pay. Eligible employees regularly enjoy discounts on food and merchandise, holiday pay, performance rewards, and access to health care plans. Most full-time employees receive additional health benefits, including:
- Dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Paid vacation time.
More Information about Fatburger
Fatburger enjoys an almost cult-like following in Southern California, where the company started. Most attribute such acclaim to mentions in a growing rap community, including Ice Cube, Tupac Shakur, and Notorious B.I.G. Ice Cube mentions the chain by name in his 1993 song “It Was a Good Day,” while Shakur did so in his song “Late Night,” released posthumously in 2002. Hip hop stars actually own stakes in the franchiser, with Kanye West responsible for opening locations in Chicago, Pharrell Williams in China, and E-40 in San Francisco. Queen Latifah and Magic Johnson also at one time either owned franchises or purchased stake in the original company.