A private company owned by Sun Capital Partners, Fazoli's maintains franchises in over 25 states. With more than 200 locations, the chain of speedy, Italian-style restaurants promotes extensive job opportunities for anyone seeking work in the food industry.
Facts About Working at Fazoli's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fazoli's?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Hourly Associate, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Financial Analyst, Service Leader, Market Manager, Hourly Manager, Associate Trainer, District Manager, Pasta/Cook Certified Trainer
Fazoli’s Employee Interview Videos
Fazoli’s Job Opportunities
The Italian eatery specializes in preparing meals quickly while maintaining exceptional food quality and service. Since purchasing the company in 2006, Sun Capital Partners continues to remodel facilities and refresh menus to effectively establish Fazoli’s as a leader in the Italian restaurant industry. As constant growth and change create favorable hiring conditions for employment seekers, both full- and part-time positions remain available on a regular basis in entry-level and professional career capacities. While corporate job openings exists at company headquarters, a majority of entry-level employment opportunities stand within individual franchised restaurants throughout the country.
Job hopefuls seeking restaurant work should possess adequate customer service skills and display aptitudes for multitasking. Management prefers applicants with the ability to work cohesively as part of teams. Directly working with customers and food, associates must maintain excellent personal hygiene and radiate friendly and approachable auras. Recruiters often assign nights, weekends, and holidays to newer employees. Applicants with open schedule availabilities receive preference over competition; however, plenty of work remains available for part-time employment seekers.
Fazoli’s Positions and Salary Packages
Most entry-level Fazoli’s jobs require workers to satisfy minimum age requirements beginning at 16. However, managers must stand at least 18 years of age and possess formal high school diplomas or GED equivalents. Experienced and inexperienced applicants alike consistently find gainful employment in the following positions:
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers, cashier associates field orders, answer questions, and assist kitchen staff with distributing food.
- Upper management expects front-of-house cashier employees to display outstanding customer service skills in addition to upholding ethical cash-handling standards.
- Courteous, well-spoken individuals who possess the ability to multitask generally attract the highest degree of attention from hiring managers.
- Cashiers typically earn minimum wage to start and gain promotions through outstanding work ethic along with seniority.
- Mainly working behind-the-scenes, kitchen staff prepare food, maintain clean work environments, and coordinate the timely delivery of meals.
- Cooks operate stoves and ovens in addition to handling assortments of foods.
- Communication remains key for kitchen workers to ensure fulfillment of customer needs.
- Hiring managers consistently seek candidates with excellent listening skills and prior kitchen experience.
- However, individuals without experience receive extensive training.
- Kitchen workers collect hourly salary options of about $8.00, with chances for raises.
- The ranks of management begin with the associate manager position, which offers an hourly wage hovering between $10.00 and $13.00.
- Charged with overseeing coworkers and ensuring prime customer relations, associate managers may gain promotion to the assistant manager position by demonstrating acute awareness and issuing focused directives.
- Assistant managers earn about $30,000 to $40,000 yearly and take charge of managerial tasks in lieu of the general manager.
- Responsible for all store events, general managers track restaurant sales and stock, construct employee schedules, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- General managers usually earn yearly salary packages around $40,000 to $50,000 in addition to sales incentives.
Tips For Applying
Many workers report submitting applications online. Applications include questions about work history, education, and personality traits. The form also requests a list of references. Applicants should allow 30 minutes to complete the form and call the applicable restaurant after completion to speak with hiring staff. Remember to dress appropriately and remain courteous during any in-person interactions with managers. Interviewers typically ask for previous examples of customer-service experience and seek answers demonstrating adept interpersonal skills and social awareness. Candidates failing to receive job offers within a week may call hiring officials to express final interest in the position.
Typically, managers respond to schedule interviews within a couple weeks of receiving applications. Applicants without interviews following the two-week timeframe may inquire about position vacancy. Most complete the task via phone or email; however, following up in person demonstrates initiative and desire for the job. Remain mindful of peak restaurant hours to ensure management availability and to show off a conscientious mindset.
Benefits of Working at Fazoli’s
Unlike many other restaurant chains, the Italian franchise hosts an extensive work benefits information pamphlet online. Job benefits packages include medical, dental, and vision insurance for all associates based on length of employment. Other employment benefits offer group insurance rates, short- and long-term disability, and supplemental life insurance possibilities. Workers eventually receive access to:
- Holiday, and
- Sick pay in addition to 401(k) retirement plans.
Readily available online, eligibility conditions exist in detail for potential hires. Additional, ancillary employment benefits entail scholarship plans, critical illness insurance, and purchasing power options.
Further details about Fazoli’s
The restaurant chain shows no signs of slowing down. In 2014, Franchise Business Review ranked Fazoli’s among the top 20 most satisfied franchisees of the United States. Additionally, the company offers a paid-training program entitled GAME. Emphasizing teamwork, the program enables associates to obtain competency in various aspects of day-to-day duties required by Fazoli’s and culminates in graduation by training other employees. Upon certification, associates may begin work and stand eligible for further management training.