Five Guys Burgers and Fries boasts nearly 1,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada and maintains traditional values. Past and current success sit largely attributed to serving high quality burgers in fun atmospheres. The company requires a similar standard from employees and gathers staff exuding hard work and positive attitudes.
Facts About Working at Five Guys Burgers And Fries
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Five Guys Burgers And Fries?)
Available Positions: Crew Member, Restaurant Associate, Cashier, Cook, Team Leader, Hourly Shift Leader, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, General Manager, District Manager, DM/Franchise Consultant, Office Administrative Assistant, Recruiter
Five Guys Burgers and Fries Interview Videos
Five Guys Burgers and Fries Job Opportunities
The hamburger specialty restaurant chain claims more than 250,000 possible ways to order a burger. The company hires employees as versatile as the offered menu options. Crew members balance multiple tasks and responsibilities, while managers perform duties designated to hourly workers in addition to supervision and administrative functions. Individuals capable of multitasking should apply in person at a location of desired hire.
Many different employment opportunities exist at Five Guys Burgers and Fries for job hopefuls seeking part-time and full-time entry-level positions. Candidates who provide outstanding customer service qualify for crew member positions. Workers possessing specific experience and qualifications might apply for positions such as shift leader or manager. Corporate career opportunities also exist.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries Positions and Salary Information
Five Guys Burgers and Fries typically hire applicants ages 16 and over. Inexperienced workers often land positions as part of the crew, while candidates offering already garnered skills may explore management opportunities. A list of positions regularly available to job seekers sits listed below:
- The position of crew member tackles many different responsibilities, which primarily include serving and interacting with customers.
- Some tasks designated to crew members may range from taking orders and operating grills to crafting sandwiches, preparing drinks, and operating cash registers.
- The ability to stand for five-plus hours, lift at least 30 pounds, and work weekends serve as definitive hiring points.
- Team members must provide fast and accurate customer service, satisfy company standards on equipment, facility, and product, and maintain cleanliness.
- The entry-level job traditionally pays out between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- Shift leader associates work alongside assistant managers in ensuring customer satisfaction and profit maximization.
- Responsibilities include managing shifts, delegating duties, and ensuring quality food and customer service.
- Hiring managers show preferential treatment toward applicants holding high school diplomas, experience providing exceptional customer service, and one to two years of supervisory experience.
- A shift leader often receives between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Overall, managers provide workers with direction and team-oriented leadership while promising customers reliability and satisfaction.
- Opportunities include positions such as shift manager, assistant manager, and general manager.
- Shift managers perform the same duties as crew members and shift leaders while directing daily operations in the absence of the general manager.
- Other responsibilities include restaurant maintenance, team management, inventory management, financial accountability, and customer relations.
- Assistant managers help general managers with management endeavors falling within company policies and guidelines.
- Responsibilities include supervising shift leaders and crew members, ensuring guest satisfaction, and maximizing profits.
- Each general manager runs all restaurant operations and holds ultimate responsibility for customer relations, inventory maintenance, restaurant repair, and compliance with company standards.
- All management positions require high school diplomas, one or two years of supervisory work in a food service environment, and experience providing customer service.
- Shift manager hourly wages typically fall between $8.00 and $10.00.
- An assistant manager often receives annual salary between $26,000 and $38,000, while the average general manager typically enjoys salary rates between $35,000 and $55,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Five Guys Burgers and Fries only accepts job application forms in person and asks only workers interested in corporate-level positions apply online via email. Information about pursuing a corporate-level position resides on the company website under the drop-down menu titled Contact Us. Prospective employees may call or stop in at desired store locations of hire in order to inquire about job openings.
Applicants may choose to follow up with the company to exhibit further interest in positions available. Inquiries should include courteous manners toward management staff. Plan means of communication via phone or in person strategically around the busiest hours of operation for desired locations.
Benefits of Working at Five Guys Burgers and Fries,
Five Guys Burgers and Fries team members enjoy working in fast-paced, high-energy environments. Flexible work schedules and opportunities to advance within the company also serve as pluses. Upon hire, some full-time employees also become eligible for job benefits packages, including:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Health insurance, and
- Paid vacation.
The company also offers all workers a free meal during each shift.
More Information on Five Guys Burgers and Fries
The Five Guys Burgers and Fries company web page provides patrons with the capacity to order online for store pick-up. The site also provides information about the company, menu, and locations, which helps job hopefuls gain knowledge about the business prior to filling out applications and interviewing with the company. Skimming the information may help applicants portray an interest and knowledge about the franchise. The prominent franchise also operates an online shop, which carries items including brand emblazoned sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats, and accessories.