The first Fogo de Chao restaurant opened in 1979 in Southern Brazil. As demand grew for North American locations, the business opened the first U.S. site in Dallas, TX, in 1997. Job seekers in surrounding areas with diverse employment histories may find work with the steakhouse.
Facts About Working at Fogo De Chao
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fogo De Chao?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Busser, Dishwasher, Bartender, Prep Cook, Line Cook, Expeditors, Assistant Manager, General Restaurant Manager
Fogo de Chao Job Opportunities
A specialty restaurant, Fogo de Chao eateries persist as exclusive and upscale. With over 30 locations throughout the world, the chain offers competitive entry-level and career-oriented jobs. Individuals wishing to stand out among other applicants may research the style of food preparation practiced by the restaurant. Familiarity with the procedures and history of the steakhouse may earn job hopefuls preference with hiring managers. Additionally, employment backgrounds in foodservice, customer service, and management may afford candidates favor during the hiring process.
Chefs prepare menu items at customer tables. As such, employees of the steakhouse, including chefs and workers traditionally responsible for back-of-house operations, remain expected to project friendliness and approachability at all times. Fogo de Chao atmospheres prove fun, elegant, inviting, family-friendly, and fast-paced. Job seekers typically thriving in such environments fare best in available positions. Both entry-level candidates and seasoned career professionals may find jobs suitable for individual skill levels and knowledge.
Fogo de Chao Positions and Salary Information
Fogo de Chao locations feature comprehensive wine and cocktail menus as well as fully functional bars. As such, the restaurant requires interested job candidates sit at minimum hiring ages of 18 in order to handle alcohol. Furthermore, hopefuls must hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents to receive consideration for the following work:
- Traditionally a part-time job, the position of dishwasher offers average hourly wages of $9.00 to $10.00.
- Candidates must prove physically capable of standing, bending, squatting, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly over the course of shifts.
- Individuals able to demonstrate organizational skills and multitasking abilities may earn favor for hire.
- Regular responsibilities prescribed to the position include sanitizing dishes and utensils used by guests and cooks, ensuring enough clean materials exist before rushes, restocking utensils and food items for cooks, and maintaining the cleanliness of restaurant grounds.
- Additionally, dishwashers may supplement server and host positions during especially busy hours of operation.
- Bussers clean tables, deliver dirty dishes and glasses to dishwashers, refill water glasses for customers, reset clean tables for incoming guests, assist servers with food delivery for large parties, and restock dining room essentials as needed.
- Interested job hopefuls should maintain decent physical form, as the position requires continued movement around locations.
- Multitasking capabilities also prove essential to work performance.
- The part-time role garners pay rates of $10.00 to $11.00 an hour.
- Responsible for leaving positive first and final impressions on guests, hosts must remain charming and personable with the diverse range of Fogo de Chao customers.
- Individuals with past employment in host positions may earn preference during hiring processes; however, workers with no restaurant experience still stand welcome to apply.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, host jobs yield salary packages of about $20,000 a year.
- Duties include greeting coming and going customers, ringing up final cash and card transitions, providing change as necessary, maintaining the cleanliness of front-of-house areas, escorting customers to tables, and introducing parties to designated servers.
- Hosts must also memorize daily specials and retain familiarity with various menu items.
Tips For Applying
Interested job hopefuls may submit applications in person or online. Candidates choosing to turn in applications in person should observe designated application hours. Generally, Fogo de Chao accepts paper applications Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 10:00 and 11:00am and 2:30 and 4:30pm. Individuals should dress well and speak directly to hiring managers, if possible. Job seekers may find online applications on the career section of the company website. Online applications require the entrance of personal information, work availabilities, past employer information, education histories, and references. No matter the method, individuals should check over applications for inaccuracies and mistakes before submitting.
Individuals may choose to check application statuses starting a few days after submitting. Doing so may communicate heightened interest in available work and set candidates apart from other applicants. Job hopefuls maintain the option of calling, visiting, or emailing targeted locations. Despite the method, individuals should conduct communications with professionalism and respect for the time and outstanding duties of hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at Fogo de Chao
Fogo de Chao offers employees competitive salary packages and comprehensive training programs upon hire. Both full-time and part-time workers qualify for offered job benefit packages. The restaurant provides options for:
- Medical coverage and vision plans
- Associate discounts
- Paid time off, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
More Information on Fogo de Chao
The popular, upscale restaurant offers guests unique dining experiences and menus. Employees explain the cooking process to customers upon seating. Guests then maintain the chance to visit salad and side bars, which set up buffet-style and feature traditional Brazilian side dishes. Once ready, guests signal to cooks, who perform meat and seafood preparation tableside. The menu boasts over 10 different signature cuts.