Food Maxx offers ample employment opportunities for job seekers across Northern California. Ranging from entry-level grocery clerk positions to full-time management careers, Food Maxx jobs regularly provide ideal employment for applicants with or without related work experience.
Facts About Working at Food Maxx
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Food Maxx?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Utility Clerk, Clerk Helper, Grocery Clerk, Produce Clerk, Meat Clerk, Meat Cutter, Bakery Clerk, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager, Administrative Assistant, Systems Administrator, Transportation Supervisor, Property Management Clerk, Account Receivable Clerk, Leave Of Absence and Accommodation Generalist, Construction Project Manager, Senior Developer, IT Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, Accountant
Food Maxx Job Opportunities
Previous experience seldom plays a significant role in landing entry-level jobs at Food Maxx supermarkets. The California-based grocery retailer hires entry-level candidates with little-to-no experience on a regular basis. Working under a variety of job titles, entry-level associates generally serve as clerks assigned to specific areas throughout each warehouse supermarket. Most clerk jobs entail a varying combination of customer service, housekeeping, and merchandising duties. Positions like grocery clerk, which involve cashiering responsibilities performed at the front-end of stores, typically feature higher levels of customer contact than stock clerk jobs, which focus more on the storewide availability of merchandise.
Careers in management also entail various blends of job duties, as each Food Maxx manager assumes responsibility for different areas of daily supermarket operations. Unlike entry-level job seekers, managerial applicants usually need to hold prior experience working in a grocery store or another retail environment. College degrees often benefit candidates pursuing higher ranking job titles, like general store manager. In addition to featuring more extensive hiring requirements and job responsibilities, management positions frequently include access to enticing perks like generous salary options and comprehensive employment benefits.
Food Maxx Employment and Salary Information
Job hunters at least 16 years of age may complete the online application process to apply for employment at Food Maxx grocery stores. Along with meeting the minimum age for hiring, applicants must possess the abilities to establish legal eligibility to work and pass a drug test prior to beginning employment. Jobs regularly for hire include the following titles:
Job Description and Duties
- Found throughout California and Nevada, Food Maxx operates as part of the Save Mart Supermarkets umbrella.
- The regional grocery chain looks for friendly, personable, and motivated workers to fill entry-level positions on a regular basis.
- Cashier jobs represent some of the most common entry-level positions for hire.
- Basic requirements for employment consideration include open availability and the ability to meet the minimum hiring age of 16.
- Previous work experience typically plays no role in the selection process.
- However, workers with experience may gain additional hiring consideration over other applicants.
- Food Maxx cashier employees primarily provide customer service.
- Specific work responsibilities range from operating cash registers and completing transactions to answering questions about products, services, and store policies.
Salary and Compensation
- Minimum wage often serves as base pay for Food Maxx cashier associates.
- Increases in hourly pay based on experience and time spent with the company may lead to wages between $10.00 and $11.00.
- Typical of West Coast companies, pay scales reflect costs of living and often sit higher than national averages.
- Food Maxx provides paid training, opportunities for pay raises, and avenues for promotion into supervisory or managerial roles featuring annual salary options and employment benefits packages.
- New hires and tenured associates alike receive discounts on products and services.
- As indicated by the job title, clerk helpers provide assistance both to customers and to other store employees.
- Basic job duties include retrieving and organizing shopping carts, helping shoppers carry large quantities of groceries, and cleaning designated areas of each store.
- Clerk helpers also assist cashiers by performing certain entry-level tasks, such as replenishing checkout counters and taking out trash.
- Applicants need only a friendly attitude and flexible schedule availability to earn hiring consideration for clerk helper jobs.
- The entry-level job title comes with hourly pay rates resting around minimum wage.
- Also called courtesy clerks, service specialists primarily work alongside cashiers and bag purchased groceries for customers.
- Additional job responsibilities include performing price checks, restocking merchandise, and cleaning up spills.
- The job duties of service specialists often overlap with those of clerk helper, as do minimum hiring qualifications.
- Like clerk helpers, service specialists typically start out earning roughly minimum wage.
Job Description and Duties
- Food Maxx regularly hires entry-level job seekers to work as clerks in designated departments throughout store locations.
- Workers at least 16 years of age may apply for store clerk positions in a variety of Food Maxx store departments like bakery, meat, and produce.
- Specific job duties vary by department but generally include various merchandising and customer service functions.
- Store clerks prepare and package items, stock merchandise on shelves and displays, and handle customer inquiries about department products and services.
- Additional responsibilities include cleaning all areas of the department.
- No formal hiring requirements exist for entry-level store clerk jobs.
- Strong customer service skills, friendly dispositions, and flexible part-time schedule availability often prove helpful in securing employment.
Salary and Compensation
- Hourly pay for store clerks begins at or near minimum wage.
- With experience, pay rates may increase to $9.00 or $10.00 per hour.
- In addition to competitive wages, Food Maxx store clerks enjoy access to employee benefits like paid training, professional development programs, and career advancement opportunities.
- Entry-level store clerk jobs often provide the necessary foundation for management positions and corporate careers with increased salary options and attractive work benefits packages.
Job Description and Duties
- Managerial opportunities available at Food Maxx include department manager, assistant manager, and store manager jobs.
- Work typically varies by specific job title but generally involves supervisory, administrative, marketing, and customer assurance-related responsibilities.
- Department managers often oversee 10 to 15 employees.
- Typical workdays may include hiring and training entry-level workers, setting schedules, assigning tasks, and engaging customers.
- Assistant managers carry both departmental and operational responsibilities while primarily assisting store managers.
- Food Maxx store managers oversee total operations, including inventory, shipping and receiving, hiring, and communications with company corporate offices.
- Applicants must meet the minimum age requirements of 18 in order to work as managers.
- Food Maxx also requires some experience in either the grocery store industry or a position of management for employment consideration.
- Additional job requirements, such as drug screenings, background checks, and skills assessments, may also prove necessary during the hiring process
Salary and Compensation
- Upon hire, pay scales begin at $12.00 to $13.00 per hour for Food Maxx department managers and climb to $40,000 to $50,000 per year for assistant managers.
- Store managers may make anywhere in excess of $75,000 annual salary.
- Operating on the densely populated West Coast, Food Maxx job seekers should find ample opportunities for employment as managers with the regional grocery store chain.
- Food Maxx maintains a large presence in both the greater Las Vegas and greater Los Angeles areas.
- Interested individuals often encounter job openings featuring competitive salary options, room for career development and growth, and access to employee benefits.
Tips For Applying
Candidates possessing the ability to meet with hiring personnel when handing in application forms or shortly after submitting the documents online stand greater chances of earning preferential hiring consideration over other applicants. Prospective associates should make time to spend at least five to 10 minutes talking with potential supervisors regarding positions for hire. Knowing current employees also aids aspiring workers in landing jobs at Food Maxx locations. Any previous experience in the supermarket industry should appear on the required employment materials, as well.
The fast turnaround of the Food Maxx application process negates the need to follow up with managers after submitting hiring forms, in most cases. On average, candidates complete the entire hiring process over the course of a few days, with some employees citing immediate consideration and subsequent job offers when handing in employment papers. Individuals experiencing a lag between submitting the required forms and hearing back from managers may call or visit locations to speed up the process. The move often shows dedication to the position at hand.
Benefits of Working at Food Maxx
In addition to competitive pay, Food Maxx associates enjoy numerous employment benefits. Motivated and talented employees often take advantage of on-job training and other development opportunities to achieve professional growth and career advancement. Eligible workers also receive various health and wellness benefits. Financial benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, generally stand available for full-time managers and other qualified workers, as well.
More Details on Food Maxx
Food Maxx supermarkets operate on the same scale as warehouse clubs without requiring customers to pay for memberships or entry fees. The no-frills nature of store locations enables the warehouse supermarket chain to maintain lower everyday prices and offer deep discounts, known as WOW prices, on featured items each week. The grocery store guarantees the lowest prices by matching any lower price advertised by competitors. Exclusively serving Northern California, the discount food retailer remains family-owned and part of the Save Mart Supermarkets portfolio of grocery store brands.