Ford stands as one of the largest auto manufacturers in the world, with over 166,000 workers at plants and offices in many different countries. Jobs at dealerships for the auto giant provide talented individuals with entry-level positions, often leading to careers in the auto retail industry.
Facts About Working at Ford
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ford?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Service Technician, Detailer, Accountant, Security Generalist, Financial Analyst, Marketing Associate, HR Associate, Intern
Ford Dealership Employment Opportunities
Largely responsible for the creation of the American middle class in the early 20th century by setting the standard of paying living wages to factory workers, Ford continues to treat employees with respect, inclusion, and fairness and offers competitive wages, generous job benefits, and opportunities for professional advancement. Employees at retail locations reflect the culture of respect and fairness in roles such as sales associates, service technicians, and lot attendants. Most dealerships maintain staffs of dozens of workers assigned to various departments. Prospective employees submitting applications usually encounter multiple vacancies at each location regardless of season.
Driven individuals who enjoy delivering friendly and effective customer service experiences fit in well with existing team members at Ford dealerships. Workers come from diverse educational backgrounds and hold previous job experiences, such as retail, sales, food service, commercial driving, or mechanical repair. Dealership jobs require client interaction, so associates must demonstrate outgoing behavior, friendly conversation skills, and passion for customer service.
Job and Wages at Ford
Many positions at Ford dealerships require little-to-no previous work experience. Part-time, entry-level jobs, such as car washer positions, hold the potential to develop into great retail careers. Full-time roles, including sales representative and automotive technician, afford great salary options and benefits. Applicants must generally stand 18 and over to submit application forms; however, detailing and car washer positions often extend to high school students.
- In order to prove successful as sales representatives, employees must demonstrate outgoing, energetic personalities.
- Motivated workers typically earn salary packages upwards of $70,000 a year, including commissions.
- Automotive sales experience stands preferred; however, the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with Ford products and services remains even more prized in aspirants.
- Typical duties include greeting customers, assessing needs, and encouraging sales of new and used vehicles through promotions, test drives, and financing options.
- A valid driver’s license stands required as well as strong communication skills.
- Individuals capable of performing manual labor while working with state-of-the-art technology remain widely encouraged to apply for auto technician positions at Ford dealerships.
- Standard responsibilities include diagnosing car troubles on all makes and models of vehicles, communicating work orders for ordering parts, conducting repairs efficiently and effectively, and performing safety inspections.
- Associates must follow workplace safety rules and immediately communicate delays or repair problems to supervisors.
- Two years of experience maintaining vehicles and ASE certifications stand preferred. Employees must hold valid driver’s licenses and possess good customer service skills.
- Qualified candidates may earn salary options between $45,000 and $65,000 annually, depending on experience.
- In order to attract sales and deliver the highest quality customer service experience possible, car washers maintain vehicles on dealership lots.
- The main responsibilities of the job include washing, drying, and waxing cars, parking cars, cleaning lot areas, and maintaining the appearance and accessibility of dealership inventory.
- Employees may work part-time or full-time with flexible hours.
- Holding clean driving records, valid driver’s licenses, and the ability to obtain work permits for underage workers encompass requirements for consideration.
- Typical pay rates fall between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Applicants interested in automotive retail careers may apply online via third-party job search websites, or apply in person at local dealership establishments. When applying in person, candidates should ask to speak with management and appear professional in the event of on-the-spot job interviews. Online applicants may submit resumes for the consideration.
In order to follow up on the statuses of applications, candidates may place courteous phone calls or emails to managers at desired retail locations. Conducting polite in-person visits also proves effective. Following up after submitting resumes shows dedication and commitment, which proves valuable for Ford dealership associates.
Benefits of Working at Ford
Standard employee benefits packages include:
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Paid time off for vacations.
Sales positions also receive performance bonuses. Certain roles, such as auto tech positions, often include sign-on bonuses for experienced workers.
Additional Details about Ford
Founded in 1903, Ford stands responsible for revolutionizing manufacturing with the automated assembly line. The auto manufacturer offered the first models of affordable and reliable vehicles in the United States and spearheaded efficient manufacturing processes. Throughout the 20th century until the present day, the company continues to push the boundaries of affordability, design, and vehicle performance.