One of the largest retailers in the United States, Forever 21 offers the latest trends in fashion and apparel. What started as one small store in Los Angeles in 1984 has grown into hundreds of locations nationwide.
Facts About Working at Forever 21
Minimum Age to Work at Forever 21: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Forever 21?)
Forever 21 Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-7:00pm
Available Positions at Forever 21: Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock Associate, Loss Prevention Associate, Customer Service Representative, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Distribution Center Supervisor, Field Visual Merchandiser, Bilingual Employee Relations Associate, Associate Merchandise Planner, Security Guard, Supply Associate, Project Administrative Assistant, Fit Model, Technical Designer
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Forever 21 Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Forever 21:
Forever 21 Job Opportunities
Joining the Team
Forever 21 currently operates around 600 locations and employs nearly 30,000 workers. Continued growth brings plenty of opportunities to find work. Job seekers must be 18 years or older, like to work with the public, and show an interest in being a part of a team. Both part-time and full-time jobs are available.
Industry Knowledge is a Plus
Hiring managers at Forever 21 look for applicants who enjoy current fashions and clothing trends. Often times, associates help customers put together full outfits. As such, potential employees must be organized, efficient, and able to work in fast-paced environments.
Forever 21 Positions and Salary Information
Job seekers with little-to-no experience in retail can apply for careers with Forever 21. Most new hires make above minimum wage and often earn promotions over time. Job hopefuls can interview for the following positions:
- Forever 21 sales associates help customers find products in the store, clean fitting rooms, price items, organize displays, and promote current sales.
- Ideal candidates have strong communication and interaction skills.
- Pay rates start at about $9.00 an hour for this part-time position. View the Forever 21 sales associate job description
- Responsibilities include greeting customers, scanning and bagging items, collecting payments, and handling refunds.
- Forever 21 workers receive hourly wages of $9.50 and usually work part time.
- During the hiring process, managers look for people who are friendly and charismatic.
- Employees work during the day or after closing to restock and organize shelves.
- Forever 21 stock associates are required to perform some manual labor and keep stores clean.
- Other duties include finding merchandise for customers on request. Stock associates earn around $9.50 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Forever 21 typically employs individuals with an interest in fashion. Past experience in customer service or retail is an added bonus. However, the company hires freely for many entry-level positions. Application forms are available on the company website and in stores. When applying in person, wearing the company’s clothing may catch the eye of a hiring manager.
Management contacts qualifying applicants with job offers within a week or two after interviews. If candidates have not heard back from Forever 21 within this time, they can visit store locations to speak with the hiring manager. Be sure to avoid peak business hours.
Forever 21 Employment Benefits
Available job benefits include:
- Access to healthcare coverage including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Select Forever 21 employees qualify for 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacations and paid time off
- All workers receive store discounts
More Information on Forever 21
A family-owned business to this day, Forever 21 was founded in 1984 by husband and wife Do Won Chang and Jin Sook. The couple moved from South Korea to form Fashion 21, a clothing store in Los Angeles. After changing the name and expanding, their start-up retail company has since become a worldwide success.