Fossil specializes in manufacturing and retailing vintage watches and jewelry. Employing over 10,000 workers, the company remains a lucrative job source for candidates around the world. Full-time and part-time opportunities alike exist for both entry-level and experienced employment seekers.
Facts About Working at Fossil
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fossil?)
Available Positions: Store Associate, Part-Time Selling Specialist, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Brand Specialist, Assistant Brand Manager, Legal Intern, Inside Sales Account Representative, Clerk, Sr. Training Specialist, Michael Kors Merchandiser, Sales Coordinator, Bilingual Online Store Associate, Retail Operations Analyst, Regional Human Resources Manager, Database Marketing Analyst, POS Support Specialist
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Fossil Employee Interview Videos
Fossil Job Opportunities
Friendly work environments, advancement opportunities, and competitive salary packages remain popular draws for candidates seeking work with Fossil. The watch retailer offers attractive job benefits, as well. Applicants find meaningful employment through the company network of over 400 retail locations and more than 4,000 wholesale locations worldwide. Stores operate in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. The company continually hires motivated applicants to staff the retail outlets.
Fossil jobs prove excellent opportunities for candidates with previous experience in the retail industry. Sales employees must remain knowledgeable regarding a wide variety of merchandise, as the company sells clothing, accessories, and fragrances in addition to the signature watches. However, the retail chain and manufacturer also remains an ideal place for entry-level work hopefuls to begin earning valuable experience about the business world. In addition, applicants with management or corporate experience find plentiful job openings.
Fossil Employment and Wages Information
Employment seekers find obtainable entry-level positions with Fossil by meeting the minimum age of 16 years. Management roles generally prove accessible to experienced applicants 18 and older. Qualified candidates may submit job applications for a variety of work opportunities. Jobs available with the retailer include:
Brand Selling Specialist
- Also referred to as sales associates, brand selling specialists perform sales duties and offer customer service to patrons.
- Responsibilities range from processing cash transactions and dispensing change to offering insight on featured products, answering directional and policy-related questions, and greeting patrons upon entry to the store.
- Communications skills prove vital to brand selling specialists, as both providing assistance to customers and motivating purchase decisions hinge upon individual abilities to express ideas clearly.
- Candidates should possess previous retail work experience, as well.
- Employees earn about $9.00 per hour, on average.
- Managers oversee store operations and train new employees.
- Fossil hires hourly keyholders, store managers, assistant store managers.
- While keyholders garner hourly wages of around $12.00, assistant store managers normally make about $30,000 annually.
- Annual salary packages for store managers hover around $50,000.
- Largely revolving around the smooth operation of the store location, job duties vary based on position and pressing business demands.
- While candidates must normally possess prior experience as managers to obtain jobs in supervisory roles with the retailer, the company may occasionally promote current employees from within.
Tips For Applying
Fossil prefers to hire energetic and friendly candidates and largely pursues applicants with high school diplomas or GED equivalents. Job seekers with previous experience and/or formal training may also receive preferential consideration during the hiring process. In addition to applying for a particular job listing, applicants may submit resumes for general consideration. If the company feels an individual fits for a specific position, the business generally contacts the employment hopeful.
The fashion accessories company typically gets back to prospective employees within one month of receiving applications. Many times, potentials hear from hiring personnel even sooner. Applicants wishing to show interest in available jobs or check on the status of submitted documents may make inquiries with the company may phone, email, or visit retail locations. Though checking on application status proves an effective professional strategy in most cases, avoid questioning staffing personnel during peak business hours.
Benefits of Working at Fossil
Fossil provides qualified associates with attractive job benefits packages. Insurance options range from medical and dental coverage to life and accidental death and dismemberment plans. Financial employment benefits for eligible staff members include:
- Pension options
- Paid time off
- Charitable gift matching, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
Employee discounts on company merchandise also prove attractive draws for workers. Paid training and professional development programs remain available, as well.
More Information on Fossil
Founded in 1984, the company persists as a leading watch manufacturer. A reputation for quality and innovation keeps commerce steady for the corporation. Businesses such as Armani, Michael Kors, DKNY, Diesel, and Adidas contract the designer to create watches under the other banners, as well. Fossil also makes collectible watches featuring popular characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman, and Snoopy. Corporate headquarters sit in Richardson, TX.