An upscale, international hotel chain, Four Seasons enjoys ongoing success on five continents spanning dozens of countries. Company operations in the U.S., China, and India continue to expand and provide thousands of new jobs with opportunities for growth each year.
Facts About Working at Four Seasons
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Four Seasons?)
Available Positions: Front Office Clerk, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Team Member, Hotel Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Four Seasons Job Opportunities
Began in 1960, Four Seasons manages close to 100 locations worldwide. Continued patronage and the high level of satisfaction reported by guests directly reflect the consistent and extraordinary efforts employees put forth each day to meet company standards. The hotel chain encourages associates to truly enjoy daily responsibilities. Workers must take pride in company operations and values, which center on dignity and respect for guests. Employment hopefuls must possess at least some interpersonal communications savvy to gain hiring consideration, as most job duties involve basic interaction with travelers. Technical positions, like maintenance and groundskeeper jobs, may not feature customer-intensive work; however, the employees may still come in contact with guests and need personable and genial social skills in order to thrive as hotel associates.
The professional environments maintained within the international hotel chain promote self-accountability, mutual respect, and prosperity. While hospitality ranks as the chief ingredient in overall daily functions, reliability, patience, and determination also factor into the success of the hotel. Workers often assume irregular or variable schedules. The ability to meet expectations despite changing circumstances frequently tests new-hire employees. Applicants should feel comfortable working varying hours and taking care of daily tasks as needed to ensure high levels of guest satisfaction.
Four Seasons Employment Outlook and Salary Options
Lingual abilities and meeting the minimum age of 18 represent the two most crucial criteria hiring personnel examine in potential candidates. Workers also undergo review for attentiveness, patience under pressure, and common knowledge of potential duties and general hotel operations. Most entry-level opportunities require no formal education or work history. On the other hand, highly technical or managerial career options often require extensive employment backgrounds and other certifications. Four Seasons hires in the following capacities:
Front Desk Agent
- One of the most visible positions in hotel services, the job title of front desk agent places employees at the forefront of customer service.
- Responsibilities include reserving rooms, issuing room keys, processing hotel bills, taking room service orders, tending to guest needs, and answering questions regarding services, booking, and amenities via telephone, email, and face-to-face interaction.
- Front desk agents work nights, days, weekends, and holidays, sometimes on irregular rotations.
- Workers with more experience may receive preferential treatment in terms of scheduling.
- Attention to detail and personable attitudes best suit prospective front desk agents.
- Applicants should also work well under pressure and hold high standards for personal appearance and behavior while on the job.
- New-hire front desk agents may assume part-time or full-time schedules, depending on employment backgrounds.
- Entry-level pay starts around $9.00 hourly and, with proven work ethics, rises significantly over time to reach $30,000 to $35,000 in annual salary.
- Another customer-intensive job title, the position of bellman incorporates greeting and grounds maintenance services.
- Bellmen welcome and bid farewell to guests, carry luggage, escort customers about hotel facilities, ensure safe and clear walkways, and answer questions regarding policies, rates, surrounding areas, and services.
- The physical demands of bellman jobs require applicants to stand in good health upon hire.
- Cordial and amiable individuals also prosper as bellmen.
- Average pay hovers around $9.00 to $10.00 per hour, with scheduling floating between nights, weekends, holidays, and traditional day shifts offering full-time availability with experience.
- As most Four Seasons hotels feature in-house restaurants or culinary services, applicants looking for work in the culinary arts or careers in the restaurant industry may take advantage of part-time and full-time server jobs available at participating locations.
- Workers fulfill similar duties as traditional server associates, including taking food and drink orders, running food to tables, bringing extra condiments as needed, and catering to customer needs throughout dining visits.
- Servers must work quickly, steadily, and perform basic sanitation duties in addition to customer service responsibilities.
- No real job history proves necessary for the position; however, applicants must demonstrate sound memorization and basic math skills to gain employment.
- The average server makes around $3.00 to $4.00 an hour, prior to tips.
Tips For Applying
Polished personal appearances, positive overall demeanors, dedication to responsibilities, and pride in the company represent the preferred qualities hiring officials seek in prospective employees. Depending on positions desired, applicants may need related backgrounds in similar fields. Hiring personnel typically delve into the employment histories of job seekers during the interview process, in addition to asking about schedule availability and the ways candidates handle stress in the workplace. Applicants should dress as professionally as possible, remain well-groomed, and attend each interview exuding energy and excitement for the opportunity.
The hiring process for Four Seasons jobs generally takes a significant amount of time to complete. On average, workers should expect to spend at least a week going through the necessary procedures for employment consideration. After final interviews take place, the hotel chain often takes a week or two to review potential associates and make ultimate decisions. Applicants may call, email, or visit locations to check on hiring statuses between final interviews and subsequent contact. Keep in mind hotel workers typically carry out demanding responsibilities requiring entire shifts to complete. If visiting in person, limit contact and remain brief yet straightforward about the reason for following up.
Benefits of Working at Four Seasons
Bonus incentives, competitive salary options, lucrative hourly base pay, complimentary stays, discounted meals, and paid training headline work benefits available to Four Seasons employees. The major international hotel chain also provides:
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Service awards
- Tuition assistance
- Discounts on tickets to local sporting events and other social happenings, and
- Dental, medical, and life insurance plans.
Each year, employees enjoy annual holiday parties, as well. Job benefits packages generally remain available to both part-time and full-time associates across company operations; however, some locations may offer additional employment benefits.
More Details about Four Seasons
While popular in the United States, Four Seasons actually began in Canada, with the first location opening in Toronto, ON, in 1961. Early success among other Canadian locations led to expansion into European markets, with new hotels in London, England. The chain entered U.S. markets in 1976 with a management contract at an existing hotel. Three years later, the first U.S. location opened in Washington D.C., roughly 20 years after the chain originate in Canada.
Senior housekeeping and public area attendant.worked for 2 years in Four Season hotel Mumbai.