Fox's Pizza Den offers thousands of opportunities for meaningful employment in the pizza shop industry. Applicants may submit hiring forms at any of the 300-plus locations situated across the United States for a chance to work with a growing chain.
Facts About Working at Fox's Pizza Den
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Foxs Pizza Den?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier/Cash Register/Order Entry/Customer Service Representative, Pizza Maker, Food Preparer, Delivery Driver, Shift Leader, Supervisor, Manager
Fox’s Pizza Den Job Opportunities
The prominent restaurant operates as a wholly franchised chain of pizza shops offering traditional pan pizzas, sandwiches, salads, sides, and other Italian favorites like Stromboli. Fox’s Pizza Den emphasizes choice ingredients and outstanding customer service. Kitchen employees prepare food from scratch, including the doughs used for the various pizza crusts available on the restaurant menus. Attention to detail and respect for tradition rank as major hiring points managers screen for during the recruitment process. Proven culinary skills and/or experience working in restaurant settings often aids prospective job seekers.
Customer-centric responsibilities, like taking food orders or serving meals, require applicants to possess sound interpersonal skills. Fox’s Pizza Den associates must remain personable, friendly, and attentive to customer needs at all times. Typical work environments often prove fast-paced during busy rushes; however, employees must keep kitchen and dining areas clean and presentable. Slower periods often allow time for workers to catch up on ancillary duties, such as taking out garbage, cleaning kitchen equipment, and restocking supplies. Associates must balance efforts throughout given shifts regardless of customer traffic in order to maintain smooth operations and the overall profitability of each location.
Fox’s Pizza Den Positions and Pay Scales
Catering to young and inexperienced workers, Fox’s Pizza Den jobs remain highly attainable for high school students and part-time employment hunters. The nationwide pizza chain sets the minimum age requirement at 16 and imposes few other qualifications for hiring consideration. Jobs available feature competitive base pay, paid training, and opportunities for advancement into managerial careers offering lucrative salary options. Applicant routinely find work in the following positions:
- Entry-level team member jobs involve cashier, cook, and customer service duties.
- Workers generally start out in team member roles before moving on to supervisor or manager positions.
- Primary responsibilities include preparing food, maintaining inventory, taking orders, serving customers, ringing up purchases, and answering questions regarding menus and services.
- The position requires the use of commercial kitchen equipment, such as stoves, ovens, and grills, to perform daily tasks as well as computerized cash registers.
- Associates must use caution when working in the kitchen and possess basic math skills in order to correctly process transactions and issue change.
- Team members usually make between minimum wage and $10.00 per hour.
- A sizeable portion of daily sales come from takeout services, which require teams of drivers to deliver pizzas and other menu items to customers at home.
- Applicants with reliable transportation, navigational awareness of surrounding areas, and clean driving records often qualify for delivery driver jobs.
- Workers must stand at least 18 and demonstrate trustworthy and responsible personality traits to receive formal consideration.
- Job performance largely hinges on timely service to and from customer homes.
- Delivery drivers usually earn minimum wage but possess the ability to earn tips based on service.
- With tips, delivery worker often make around $9.00 an hour.
- Franchise owners typically promote entry-level team members to work as managers from within.
- Outside candidates may also receive consideration for managerial jobs with proven experience in related fields.
- Most managers start out as shift supervisors earning hourly pay rates of $10.00 or $11.00, with responsibilities primarily centered on motivating, scheduling, hiring, and training new employees.
- Shift supervisors also carry out entry-level food prep, customer service, and sanitation duties.
- Store managers may receive anywhere from $25,000 to $40,000 a year.
- Daily tasks involve setting sales goals, marketing, ordering supplies, and quality assurance.
- Shift supervisors may work part-time or full-time, while store managers almost strictly adhere to full-time schedules upon appointment.
Tips For Applying
Fox’s Pizza Den operates on the premise of delicious hand-chosen ingredients used fresh to make every menu item. Applicants in search of available jobs must understand the importance of the ingredients used to make each menu option. Workers should also highlight any and all experience relevant to available work. Candidates with the ability to crossover between positions may receive preferential treatment during the hiring process. Open availability further cements applicant candidacy for available jobs.
Due to franchising, the ability for candidates to check on the statuses of applications after submission varies by location. Historically, motivated workers may call, email, or visit preferred locations in order to follow up on hiring forms. Calling and making in-person visits represent the most direct and affirming methods of following up. However, emailing recruitment personnel yields similarly successful results. Follow ups should take place within a week of turning employment documents in to the proper managers.
Benefits of Working at Fox’s Pizza Den
Franchising also largely affects the types of employment benefits associates stand eligible to receive. Across operations, worker should expect to enjoy some sort of discount or allowance on meals. Most franchises provide uniforms, paid training, and opportunities for career advancement, as well. Additional work benefits may include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage, and
- Life insurance.
Supplemental Information on Fox’s Pizza Den
As a way to help customers make informed decisions, the pizza chain offers full disclosure of nutritional information on the company website. Customers simply log on and click on the tab labeled Nutrition at the top of the homepage and then sort through the menu items listed to find corresponding data regarding fat contents, sodium contents, carbohydrate and protein profiles, fiber contents, and sugars comprising each meal. The nutritional data applies to all menu items, including pizzas, sandwiches, sides, and salads. Pizza nutritional information even include data for by-the-slice portions.