Fresenius Medical Care delivers prime care and dialysis treatments to individuals suffering from kidney failure in clinics throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The healthcare provider consistently seeks compassionate workers to fill full-time and part-time job openings.
Facts About Working at Fresenius Medical Care
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fresenius Medical Care?)
Available Positions: Nurse, Patient Care Technician, Dietitian, Social Worker, Clinical Manager, Product Development Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Human Resources Representative
Fresenius Medical Care Employment Outlook
In the United States alone, approximately 640,000 individuals live with end-stage renal disease. Fresenius Medical Care employees work hard to keep patients comfortable and safe while dealing with the illness. Job seekers who possess gentle dispositions and feel comfortable with the emotional and physical stress of caring for the sick easily find fulfilling careers with the healthcare provider. Areas of employment include clinical management, nutrition and dietetics, manufacturing, product development, distribution, nursing, logistics, social work, corporate positions.
While many jobs at Fresnius Medical Care require higher education and/or extensive experience, the company also offers entry-level positions and accepts applications from individuals with limited histories of employment. Furthermore, new hires receive access to extensive training, certification class reimbursement, management development programs, and higher education payment plans, which all help associates build rewarding careers and lives. The principles by which employees should operate include putting patients and partners first, acting with honesty and integrity, ensuring quality and compliance, collaborating with team members, inspiring innovation, and letting results drive actions.
Fresenius Medical Care Jobs and Salary Options
As workers need at least high school diplomas or GED equivalents to earn consideration for job opportunities, the minimum hiring age sits at 18 years. Additionally, advanced written and verbal communication skills and passion for helping people set candidates apart from other applicants. Become part of the rich Fresenius Medical Care history and a team of 90,000 worldwide employees by applying for any of the following entry-level jobs:
Customer Service Representative
- Poised individuals with calming phone manners make the best Fresenius Medical Care customer service representatives.
- Duties include contacting clients with abnormal test results; answering questions regarding billing, tests, and other pressing concerns; handling all patient information changes; generating accurate and readable reports to send to clients; assisting patients with ordering tests and shipping specimens for testing when necessary; and working with other departments to best serve customers.
- Hiring personnel look for job seekers with basic computer skills and at least some training or experience in customer service.
- Customer service representatives earn average hourly wages between $12.00 and $15.00.
Lab Supply Clerk
- Traditionally a full-time engagement, lab supply clerk jobs garner salary packages between $25,000 and $30,000 annually.
- Supply clerks assist in the removal of hazardous waste, keep detailed records of available inventory, order supplies when necessary, communicate with sales representatives to ensure accurate supply orders, and maintain the cleanliness of storage areas.
- Additionally, employees may need to answer phones and coordinate package deliveries.
- Such work requires the physical abilities to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as bend, kneel, push, pull, reach, stand, stoop, and walk for the duration of shifts.
- Attributes such as heightened organizational and interpersonal skills remain desired in candidates.
- Requiring clean driving records and valid driver’s licenses, driver positions stand available as full-time and part-time opportunities.
- Physically fit individuals capable of staying attentive for 6 to 11 hours of driving typically fare well during the application process.
- Drivers earn pay rates between $13.00 and $14.00 an hour and regularly transport dialysis products back and forth from patient homes and clinics, interact politely and professionally with patients, report any alarming developments regarding customer health, set up products at patient homes, perform inspections of company vehicles, execute routine maintenance, and follow all the rules of the road to maintain pristine driving records.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers can find the company application in the career section of the Fresenius Medical Care website. After creating profiles with valid email addresses and secure passwords, applicants may upload resumes. Before doing so, candidates should revise the hiring documents to highlight relevant past employment, education, and volunteer activities. Hopefuls must also provide personal contact information, outline applicable certifications, and enter professional references. Finally, applications include job-specific questionnaires. Any familiarity with the healthcare industry, company history, or the core values of the institution may earn job seekers preference with hiring personnel.
While hiring managers may take anywhere from a few days to several months to respond to submitted applications, job seekers may check application statuses at any time by logging back on to the online career portal at the company website. Because of this convenient feature, Fresenius Medical Care discourages applicants from contacting management directly.
Benefits of Working at Fresenius Medical Care
Full-time and part-time associates enjoy the comprehensive work benefits packages provided1 by Fresenius Medical Care. Medical insurance offered by the healthcare provider includes:
- Dental and vision plans
- Extended sick leave options
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability, and
- Discounts on fitness programs.
Additionally, employees stand eligible to receive paid time off, vacation time, 401(k) retirement plans with company contributions, tuition reimbursement, scholarship programs, adoption assistance, wireless services discount programs, and automobile discounts at participating dealers.
Further Details on Fresenius Medical Care
As a company providing kidney-specific care to over 170,000 patients each year, Fresenius Medical Care participates in many community-enriching events to raise awareness and encourage medical advancements. A partnership with the Sustainable Kidney Care Foundation allows the healthcare provider to serve patients in regions without existing supply structures, like Africa. Additionally, the annual event World Kidney Day promotes health awareness among the general public.