Once featured throughout Arizona, California, and Nevada, Fresh and Easy maintained headquarters in El, Segundo, CA. At one point, the prominent grocery store leader held over 200 stores. Locations offered low prices, convenient hours, and ready-to-eat meals in navigable grocery-store formats.
Facts About Working at Fresh & Easy
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fresh And Easy?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Bagger, Meat Clerk, Bakery Clerk, Stock Associate, Grocery Clerk, Customer Service Representative, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Fresh & Easy Job Opportunities
The buildings ranged from 10,000 to 15,000 square-foot and originated from the Tesco supermarkets and Tesco express convenience stores. Employees received industry-competitive wages for part-time and full-time positions. The company employed roughly 20 to 30 workers for each one store. Individuals hoping to work for Fresh and Easy may pursue work with similar grocery stores, since locations no longer exist. Chains such as Trader’s Joe, Vons, Ralphs, Aldi, and Whole Foods Market represent viable options for job seekers. To find work with one of the competitors, contenders should submit applications forms and resumes to nearby locations.
Opportunities at grocery stores remain readily available in permanent and temporary positions. A majority of openings require individuals skilled in customer service and the food industry. Desirable applicants demonstrate loyalty, determination, and the ability to handle stressful, quick-paced environments. Supermarkets employ people able to meet the physical requirements of standing for long periods, lifting objects, and bending, twisting, and walking. Basic math, reading, and writing also allow contenders to stand out when applying for work in the industry.
Positions and Salary Information for Fresh and Easy
While aspirants no longer find work with Fresh and Easy, other grocery stores routinely hire part-time and full-time workers to fill dozens of opportunities. Many supermarkets hire teams of individuals for entry-level and professional careers. Potential employees with passion for food and desires to help customers find the industry both fulfilling and exciting. Find available positions like the ones listed below at nearby chains:
- In charge of making sure grocery stores stay well-stocked, clerks receive, store, and stock products onto shelves.
- Individuals ensure proper rotation and keep with quality standards.
- The job title remains a common entry-level opportunity at supermarkets across the United States.
- Ideal job hunters stand over the age of 18, maintain at least a high school diploma, and possess six months of retail or related experience.
- On average, contenders receive wages of $8.00 to $10.00 an hour.
- Clerks move onto higher-level positions by showing dedication, hard work, and the mastery of qualifications for current job responsibilities.
- Earning hourly wages of around $12.00 to $14.00, the commonly found position of meat cutter remains available to qualified contenders.
- Employees stock meat cases with fresh, quality products to appeal to customers.
- As part of daily responsibilities, workers cut, weigh, wrap, and price meat products for shoppers.
- Equipment like saws, slicers, wrapping machines, and knives remain common.
- Job hunters over 18 years old and with considerable experience in grocery stores often receive hiring consideration.
- Desirable qualities range from maintaining the ability to lift 50 pounds and use equipment to interacting with customers and working as a team member.
- Candidates with experience in retail and grocery stores excel in job titles of grocery managers.
- Focused on creating smooth operations of stores, management watches over inventory, pricing, labor, and other processes.
- New associates receive training and supervision from managers.
- Oftentimes, grocery leaders hire new team members by conducting interviews, as well.
- In the event of staff shortages, managers jump into needed areas, which include cashiering, stocking, and other miscellaneous parts.
- Average yearly salary packages for the job title begin at $30,000 and range up to over $50,000.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals seeking work in the food industry may scan nearby locations vacancies. In-person applications offer managers a chance to personally meet candidates face to face. However, electronic submissions allow contenders the opportunity to apply for many positions at once without driving around. Either way, aspirants should put time and effort into the forms by filling in each blank and providing accurate and truthful information. Grocery stores seek team members with open availability, friendly demeanors, and reliable transportation.
Aspirants check back on applications arriving in person and asking to speak with hiring managers or calling over the phone. Assertive candidates must demonstrate genuine interest by continuing to follow up; however, individuals must remain patient and respectful of managers. First impressions dictate the remainder of the hiring process, which requires potential workers to dress and speak professionally and confidently. After applying, supermarkets reach out to prospective staff within one to two weeks for in-person interviews. Job seekers may choose to apply for multiple opportunities at different locations to increase the likelihood of receiving grocery store positions.
Benefits of Working at Fresh and Easy
Fresh and Easy provided options similar to ones featured in the current grocery store industry. Workers thrived with a balance between work and life. Oftentimes, team members sought the store discount, which priced merchandise way below retail value. Other rewards included:
- Life insurance, and
- Paid training
Locations offered typical employment benefits to appease hardworking staff members. Individuals opted for health insurance, including vision and dental, 401(k) retirement plans, and paid time off.
Additional Information on Fresh and Easy
Tesco, a British multinational grocery retailer, announced plans to arrive in the United States by 2007 with a small chain of grocery stores. Fresh and Easy expanded throughout Arizona, California, and Nevada. Financial issues began to take form in 2009, with 13 stores closed by 2010. The sale of the chain in 2013 to Yucaipa Companies furnished little results and by November of 2015 all stores closed doors. Similar stores like Sprouts Farmers Market and Sunflower offered the chain tense competition.