Friendly's operates as a privately held restaurant chain with a growing plan to franchise. As a continuously expanding member of the restaurant industry, the chain looks to hire on additional staff in various entry-level and career-oriented positions every day. Interested job seekers may apply online or at the restaurant of choice.
Facts About Working at Friendlys
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Friendly's?)
Available Positions: Greeter, Dishwasher, Fountain Worker, Cook, Server, Express Concept Support Staff (Dining Room), Express Concept Support Staff (Kitchen), Production Worker, Assistant Manager, Kitchen Manager, Restaurant General Manager
Friendly’s Employee Interview Videos
Friendly’s Job Opportunities
The casual restaurant chain employs fun, energetic, and team-oriented personalities. Entry-level employees enjoy numerous positions including servers, ice scream scoopers, and hosts. First-time workers may also find employment as cooks, dishwashers, and bussers with Friendly’s. The minimum hiring age rests at 16 years old, though back-of-house positions may necessitate additional hiring requirements, such as high school diplomas or equivalent in order to operate equipment.
Applicants with an interest in finding careers in restaurant management should investigate Friendly’s openings. Managers typically perform administrative tasks for the restaurant franchise, including hiring, training, and maintain corporate sales standards. Hiring requirements may appear more stringent than entry-level opportunities, as all candidates should at least possess a high school diploma or GED. Further education requirements may not prove necessary but tend to help candidates land jobs. Managers also need at least three years of supervisory experience, preferably in restaurant management.
Friendly’s Positions and Salary Information
Friendly’s seeks to employ a variety of workers to perform diverse functions and responsibilities. Minimum hiring requirements stand at 16 years old for most entry-level positions with the private restaurant chain. Interested applicants may find readily available work in the following positions:
- A scoopologist acts as a fountain worker preparing ice cream dishes and other desserts.
- Creative, team-oriented, and personable attitudes typically meet hiring standards.
- These team members should also possess strong attention to detail, basic math skills, and excellent phone and in-person communication proficiencies.
- Scoopologist enjoy pay scales falling around $8.00 to $9.00 an hour.
- Servers take guest orders, effectively utilize point of sale systems, and suggestively sell dish upgrades.
- Waiting employees should smile often, display welcoming personalities, and acknowledge every guest.
- Consistency, the ability to perform basic math functions, and flexibility with scheduling serve as necessities for employment.
- Individuals in the entry-level position typically earn minimum wage for tipped workers and the opportunity for gratuity.
- Crew members in cook roles prepare menu items to guest specifications while meeting company standards for quality, taste, speed, and accuracy.
- Cooks expedite orders accordingly, work effectively in a team, and communicate successfully.
- Previous culinary experience may benefit employees, though not necessary for hiring consideration.
- Cooks earn around $11.00 per hour.
- Managers focus on daily restaurant operations, proper food cost control, and successful implementation of all marketing and sales plans.
- Other responsibilities include hiring, training, and motivating all subordinate workers, scheduling, and ensuring restaurants perform to optimal standards.
- Associates in supervisory roles must ensure excellent execution of all daily tasks, increase location profitability, and augment all guest experiences in positive manners.
- Assistant restaurant managers tend to earn starting salary options between $35,000 and $45,000 a year, while restaurant general managers earn annual salary of up to $60,000.
Tips for Applying
Applicants wishing to apply for numerous positions with the casual-dining chain may start with the company online job portal. Featuring a 20-minute questionnaire, company hiring information remains on file so job hopefuls may apply for multiple positions at various locations. Candidates may apply in person, as well. All information provided should prove current and checked for accuracy. Incorrect information may cause a candidate to lose opportunities for employment.
Following up on application status may show genuine interest in positions desired to hiring managers. Candidates may choose to pursue information on hiring status by contacting a manager via telephone or in person. By checking the job status in person, candidates may show tenacity and further desire for available positions. Managers tend to make hiring decisions within a week of receiving hiring materials and setting interviews.
Benefits of Working at Friendly’s
Friendly’s employees enjoy generous food and ice cream discounts, paid training, and uniform reimbursement possibilities. Eligible workers may also receive paid vacation, sick days, and holiday pay. Full-time team members typically earn:
- Health benefits
- Long and short-term disability, and
- Life insurance options.
Associates may also gain access to retirement incentives, such as enrollment in company-matched 401(k) plans.
Additional Information about Friendly’s
The popular restaurant chain offers local organizations the opportunity to utilize locations for fundraising events on small and large scales. Called FUNraisers, the company offers organizations a percentage of all sales for dine-in and carry-out orders sold during sponsored events. FUNraisers may occur any day that the restaurant chain operates and also may happen at multiple locations at the same time. The chain also makes organizing easy by providing tab for applying, planning, and marketing fundraisers on the company website.