Fry's Electronics operates in nine states across the United States and boasts over 30 locations. With a widespread presence, the computer and electronics retailer needs to maintain store staffs in order to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
Facts About Working at Frys
Minimum Age to Work at Frys: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fry's Electronics?)
Frys Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 8:00am-9:00pm; Sat: 9:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 9:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Frys: Sales Associate, Customer Service Associate, Computer Sales Representative, Retail Sales Representative, Sales Supervisor, Telecom Sales Associate, Loss Prevention Officer, Courtesy Associate, Buyer, Department Manager, Manager-in-Training, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Computer Manager, Returns Associate, Service Management Trainee
Fry’s Electronics Employee Interview Videos
Fry’s Electronics Job Opportunities
A prominent chain, Fry’s Electronics experiences continued and consistent patronage across the sizeable network of stores. Applicants throughout the United States may find viable employment options with the growing chain. Operations mostly center on the American South and West, with California and Texas holding the most locations, respectively. Other areas the retailer maintains operations include the Midwest and Pacific Northwest. Most stores reside in dense metropolitan areas or communities with centralized shopping hubs, which potentially offers millions of job seekers ready access to part-time and full-time positions.
Job hunters primarily find vacancies in sales, stock, and customer service. Positions in sales feature competitive base pay and opportunities for commissions. Stock positions allow for varying schedules, while customer service jobs place workers in direct contact with shoppers. Outgoing, friendly, and attentive individuals regularly find meaningful work in customer service jobs. Employment also stands readily available in managerial capacities. Career options include entry-level supervisor, assistant manager, and store manager job titles. The nationwide chain typically hires on workers 18 and older. Certain positions may require relevant experience or the ability to meet specific physical requirements; however, the average entry-level sales or customer service job imposes little-to-no standard for employment consideration.
Fry’s Electronics Positions and Salary Information
Large store formats and continued success facilitate hiring needs across Fry’s Electronics locations. Each store generally needs around 30 staff members in order to maintain operations. Some locations encompass more than 100,000sqft. of retail space, which require additional help and consistent hiring to offset turnover typical of computer and electronics chains. The following list details available positions:
- In order to better serve customers, Fry’s Electronics assigns sales associates to specific departments based on personal knowledge of technology and available merchandise.
- Applicants looking for sales associate jobs must demonstrate appropriate demeanors and pleasant attitudes to gain employment.
- Extroverts with broad interests in computers, audio equipment, and electronic accessories enjoy the best odds of receiving job offers.
- Sales associates spend a great deal of time on foot interacting with patrons on store sales floors.
- Previous experience in retail may advance candidates further in the hiring process.
- Open availability also helps applicant chances.
- Workers receive generous starting pay hovering around $9.50 an hour.
- Commissions on sales may increase hourly earnings to more than $15.00.
- Available in part-time and full-time capacities, technician/installer positions offer onsite and offsite job opportunities.
- Workers may assume roles as delivery installers who assist customers assemble delivery items.
- The chain also maintains staffs of troubleshooters and technicians to care for shoppers in store.
- Job duties greatly depend on departments assigned.
- Cellphone installer and technician jobs may focus on updating cellphone operating systems, replacing cracked or damaged casings, and helping patrons navigate software.
- Computer installation and technician positions may involve cleaning and servicing laptops and desktops, performing system updates, and troubleshooting errors.
- Applicants with special certifications or trainings receive preferential treatment during the hiring process and generally start out in pay scales higher than candidates without.
- On average, certified workers earn between $10.00 and $12.00 upon hire.
Tips For Applying
Fry’s Electronics prefers job seekers to apply for available positions in store. Applicants must visit store locations between specific hours, which span between 9:00am and 9:00pm Monday thru Friday, 10:00am and 9:00pm Saturdays, and 10:00am and 8:00pm Sundays, for the greatest chances of gaining hiring consideration. Dress appropriately in business-casual attire and act in professional manners to impress recruitment managers. Bring updated resume copies to further show serious interest in employment.
The best method for checking on the status of an outstanding application includes visiting a Fry’s Electronics store personally. Applicants must generally submit hiring forms directly to store personnel. Following up in person demonstrates continued respect for the process used by the chain to onboard new staff. Dress professionally, speak in calm yet enthusiastic manners, and engage hiring personnel in discussion of electronics or retail, if possible. Using the opportunity to show abilities related to positions desired may increase chances of positive review. Past applicants also cite contacting hiring personnel by telephone and email a few days after submitting employment forms. Attitudes and approaches should reflect demeanors used in person when turning in the formal documents.
Benefits of Working at Fry’s Electronics
Upon hire, associates receive company uniforms, paid training, and employee discounts on products and services. Fry’s Electronics also offers opportunities for career advancement, sometimes with the help of tuition reimbursement programs.
- The high-tech electronics retailer provides work benefits packages related to employee health and wellness, as well.
- Qualified associates gain access to general healthcare coverage, dental and vision plans, life insurance options, and medical leaves of absence.
- Fry’s Electronics employees enjoy time away from work as well, with paid vacations, holidays, and personal days for eligible workers.
- Many team members also take advantage of attractive 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Details on Fry’s Electronics
As a way to differentiate the brand from other computer and electronics retailers, the prominent chain elaborately themes each location to reflect surrounding community history, literary genres, moments in history, and other significant events. Store themes include the History of Silicone Valley, the International Space Station, the Industrial Revolution, the music industry, the Aztec Empire, the Lost City of Atlantis, and the Wild West. The decorations used to theme store locations include indoor and outdoor props and specialized architecture.