Fry's Food provides instant access to entry-level jobs and professional careers to employment hopefuls 16 and over. Applicants most commonly find work in entry-level capacities in positions like cashier, bagger, clerk, or customer service representative. Fry's Food also needs career-minded individuals to work as managers and other supervisory associates.
Facts About Working at Frys Food
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Fry's Food?)
Available Positions: Bagger, cashier, clerk, manager, stocker
Fry’s Food Employment Opportunities
Fry’s Food entry-level jobs generally feature part-time hours. Some workers may assume full-time roles with the company despite working entry-level positions overtime and through solid performance on the job. The average Fry’s Food entry-level workforce for each store includes dozens of opportunities for employment. Due to high turnover rates, hiring for cashier, bagger, and other entry-level positions occurs on a regular basis, which provide excellent job opportunities for first-time employment hunters and applicants interested in part-time positions.
Hiring also takes place for managers. Candidates looking for managerial roles at Fry’s Food and Drug locations encounter viable options for long-term employment in the supermarket industry. Fry’s Food management roles require experience in the industry and at least a high school diploma. Some positions further require college degrees and strong references in order to obtain employment. Find the official requirements to work both entry-level jobs and professional careers at Fry’s Food and begin the employment process.
Fry’s Food Job Openings and Salary Information
Grocery stores like Fry’s Food and Drug look to hire motivated and friendly individuals into available jobs on a regular basis. The company offers flexible scheduling opportunities and competitive base pay to new employees. Tenured associates receive ongoing development and paid training, career advancement opportunities, and discounts on products and services. The Southwestern supermarket chain consistently holds interviews for the following jobs:
- Primary job duties include scanning purchases, applying coupons and discounts, operating cash registers, processing payments, and finalizing sales transactions.
- Cashiers at Fry’s typically earn minimum wage to start. Pay rates may increase to $9.00 or $10.00 per hour with experience.
- As entry-level positions, cashier jobs carry no formal hiring requirements and remain ideal for inexperienced workers looking to establish employment histories.
- Job duties include receiving shipments, organizing inventory, and transferring goods from stockrooms to store shelves.
- Hourly pay for stockers begins around minimum wage.
- hiring requirements for the entry-level position include the abilities to stand for long periods of time, bend frequently, and lift significant amounts of weight regularly.
- Managerial opportunities available at Fry’s Food and Drug stores involve supervising entry-level workers, ensuring food and merchandise quality, overseeing shipments and deliveries, and maintaining outstanding levels of customer service.
- Fry’s Food store manager salary options range from $35,000 a year up to more than $70,000, depending on experience, tenure, and location.
- Ideal traits include strong leadership and organizational skills, ability to delegate work and communicate effectively, and proven work ethics.
After submitting hiring forms, applicants may check back with the supermarket using the Kroger Co. careers platform. Creating user profiles grants workers instant access to the platform, which automatically updates hiring statuses as recruitment personnel make decisions. Workers typically receive emails regarding application statuses, as well. Motivated candidates may also take initiative and place phone calls to check on statuses prior to receiving email confirmation from the grocer. In-store visits also prove sufficient in checking on applications; however, job seekers must place calls and time store visits during slower business hours to avoid becoming a nuisance or disrupting the daily flow of operations.
Benefits of Working at Fry’s Food
Fry’s Food and Drug offers employees instant benefits of competitive pay scales and flexible scheduling up hire. The regional supermarket chain also provides ongoing support for crew members aspiring to assume managerial or corporate roles. On-the-job training with Fry’s Food offers direct access to higher pay and full-time hours. The community-oriented grocery store chain connects associates with members of surrounding areas and promotes fun and supportive work environments.
More Details on Fry’s Food
Qualified workers also enjoy comprehensive job benefits packages. Offered through parent company Kroger Co., employee benefits packages contain 401(k) retirement plans, company-paid salary continuation and life insurance options, group homeowners and auto insurance plans, paid time off, employee assistance programs, and employee stock purchase plans. The supermarket also offers corporate continued-education programs and health coverage. Begin the hiring process to learn more about employment benefits and available positions available with the grocery store chain now.