Headquartered in Albany, NY, f.y.e., or for your entertainment, and existing subsidiaries specialize in music, movies, and other forms of amusing media. Individuals who thrive in sales-driven environments make ideal candidates for full-time and part-time store openings.
Facts About Working at FYE
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at FYE?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
f.y.e. Interview Videos
f.y.e. Employment Outlook
Individuals wishing to start careers with f.y.e. retain favorable employment options. Since the retailer does not require job applicants to possess previous experience, certifications, or education, entry-level work remains particularly accessible and a great way to build professional skills. Workers interested in careers in sales, retail, or entertainment-related industries may use jobs with the company to build valuable skillsets. Additionally, the entertainment retailer often promotes entry-level workers to management positions, with further growth opportunities available through the company corporate offices.
As a retail company, f.y.e. requires dedicated employees with personable sales savvy. The company also looks for imagination, energy, ambition, and innovation in job candidates. Any applicant able to demonstrate such qualities in person and on paper may receive preference for hire. Furthermore, individuals possessing in-depth knowledge of movies, music, and various electronics prove valuable assets to the company and may earn favor during screening processes.
f.y.e. Positions and Salary Information
Job hopefuls may apply to open positions with f.y.e starting at the age of 16. The company does not require applicants to possess formal education or employment experience to receive consideration for work. Hiring managers remain considerate of school schedules, so high school and university students may find valuable job experience in entry-level positions such as:
- Often available as part-time, full-time, and seasonal work, the position of sales associate garners minimum wage to start.
- Applicants with open availability, proven customer service abilities, and the ability to stand, bend, and squat for shift durations may receive preference during hiring processes.
- Previous employment in retail positions may also prove advantageous.
- Regular responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness and order of stores, greeting customers, working cash registers, efficiently and quickly bagging customer items, endorsing membership programs and other store promotions, replenishing merchandise, answering customer questions, and performing various tasks as assigned by managerial teams.
- Also referred to as lead sales associates, assistant managers guide and set examples for sales teams.
- The position of assistant manager aids store managers with daily operations and procedures.
- Interested individuals should possess excellent leadership skills, proven customer service abilities, and at least one year of work experience in the retail industry.
- Assistant managers shoulder many responsibilities, including the selection and training of new talent, taking inventory, creating associate work schedules, meeting sales quotas, responding to customer complaints and concerns, maintaining detailed knowledge of products, and carrying out the various responsibilities of the store manager as assigned.
- Assistant managers work full-time and receive salary packages of about $22,000 to $26,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Individuals interested in applying for available work with f.y.e may visit the careers section of the company website. The corporate offices run the company job hosting portal, and candidates may browse and select positions taking applications. In order to officially submit applications for consideration, job hopefuls must create profiles. Applicants retain the option of uploading five resumes to active profiles and should take advantage of the opportunity to rework resumes to highlight relevant skills and work depending on desired positions. Candidates must also provide personal information, educational backgrounds, and employment histories.
As a retail chain, f.y.e. experiences higher-than-average turnover rates. After receiving employment information, hiring managers respond to submitted applications within one to two weeks, in most cases. Individuals wishing to monitor application statuses throughout the process may simply log into job platform profiles and visit the job submission status section. Work candidates who wish to make further inquiries maintain the option of calling, emailing, or visiting hiring personnel. Applicants should remember to keep communications polite and professional.
Benefits of Working at f.y.e.
A majority of f.y.e employees stand eligible for base salary options, merit pay, and bonuses based on performance. Additionally, full-time and part-time associates qualify for comprehensive employment benefits packages.
- Healthcare coverage includes dental, life insurance, dependent care, and long-term disability.
- 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, holiday pay, and associate discounts also remain available for qualified workers.
More Information on f.y.e.
For your entertainment partners with Dynasty Records Distribution to support the work of local and independent artists. Dynasty signs fringe artists in diverse genres, such as rock, heavy metal, Christian, gospel, rap, jazz, bluegrass, and classical. Through a tour effort known as localeyez, the entertainment retailer often hosts in-store appearances of Dynasty artists throughout the year.