GameStop is the largest video game retailer in the U.S. and sells new and used games, accessories, and other gaming basics. The retail chain offers various job options and employs workers at over 6,000 stores worldwide.
Facts About Working at GameStop
Minimum Age to Work at GameStop: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at GameStop?)
GameStop Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at GameStop: Assistant manager, cashier, game advisor, shift lead, store manager
Gamestop Job Opportunities
The retail chain looks for individuals with excellent communication skills, helpful attitudes, and flexible availability. GameStop frequently hires employees with little to no prior experience for most entry-level positions. An interest in video and computer games is not required but can help applicants in the hiring process.
Customer service is the most important aspect of day to day operations. GameStop hires workers to assist shoppers with making selections and offer knowledge of the current game market.
The Work Place
Employees must be at least 16 years old for entry-level positions. Both full-time and part-time roles exist with the video game retailer. There is room for advancement in the company, as Gamestop promotes within the store.
Employment and Salary Information for Gamestop
Entry-level jobs in customer service as well as career-level work is available for knowledgeable gamers or individuals with past retail experience. Positions the retailer frequently hires for are below:
- Provide customers with information on games and products. Other tasks include greeting patrons, completing sales, and keeping stores clean and organized.
- Sales associates/game advisors earn starting pay around $8.00 per hour.
- Candidates should be up to date on current games and gaming systems.
- Have one point about basic tasks.
- Shift leads typically make a pay rate of $9.00 an hour.
- Individuals who possess supervision and organization skills are encouraged to apply.
- Managers oversee all staff and store procedures.
- The annual salary begins at $12.00 an hour for assistant managers and $18.00 hourly for store managers.
- Previous experience in retail sales or supervision is necessary to be considered.
Tips for Applying
The GameStop career site allows job seekers to browse available positions and apply online. Filling out application forms in stores may speed up the process and give candidates a chance to meet with hiring managers. Gather all relevant information such as past employers, contacts, and availability to save time before starting applications.
Individuals who seek a Gamestop Career may check their local store and inquire about any job openings. The first thing to do is to fill out a job application in person, or apply online. An interview will be set up with qualifying applicants.
Benefits of Working at Gamestop
GameStop workers enjoy many employment benefits. Associates receive store discounts, paid trainings, medical insurance, and dental insurance. A few other job benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Healthcare Coverage
- 401 (k) Plan
- Life Insurance
Additional Information about Gamestop
Game Informer, a magazine where readers can browse news, reviews, and previews of games, is run by GameStop. It was established over 20 years ago and remains one of the largest video game magazines in the industry. The publication has over 8 million subscribers and is available both online and in print.
video of former GameStop employees