Consisting of four locations and serving as the convention brand of parent company Marriott International, Gaylord Hotels utilizes a hotel and attached convention center at each site. Candidates may apply for a variety of jobs either online or at participating hiring locations in person.
Facts About Working at Gaylord Hotels
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Gaylord Hotels?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Message Therapist, Engineer, Security and Safety Officer, Parking Attendant, Electrical Technician, Convention Services Manager, Steward, Audio Engineer, Catering Manager, Call Center Agent, House Attendant, Ticketing Representative, Visual Runner, Nail Specialist, Food and Beverage Attendant, Lobby Attendant, Assistant Hotel Manager, General Hotel Manager
Gaylord Hotels Employment Opportunities
As part of the larger Marriott chain, Gaylord Hotels offers job opportunities with relative consistency, as the entire family of hotels boasts nearly 4,000 locations around the world. The chain onboards new staff in a variety of entry-level and career-oriented positions. Common areas of hire include day-to-day operations, such as guest service agents, concierges, and luggage attendants. Behind-the-scenes workers in housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance ensure each location continues to provide the necessary components for guest satisfaction. Convention planners, banquet cooks, servers, and hosts make visitor stays memorable and on schedule, while managers for each department complete daily operations and guarantee corporate guidelines remain met.
The company considers employees the heart and soul of achieved successes and looks for personable, friendly, and flexible workers in order to maintain daily schedules, interact with guests, and ensure patron satisfaction. Most entry-level positions require little-to-no prior experience in the hospitality industry, instead focusing on meeting minimum age standards and expressed desires to work in the customer-driven field. Leadership positions may request applicants display more direct experience and further education beyond high school in order to receive hiring consideration. Both full-time and part-time positions persist, as most locations remain open all day and maintain hours of operation on weekends and holidays.
Gaylord Hotels Job Titles and Wages Information
In order to apply for available positions with the hotel chain, applicants must stand at least 18 years of age and possess high school diplomas or equivalent GEDs. Certain positions may require interested parties to stand at least 21, such as bartenders, while additional certifications may also prove necessary for maintenance workers and chefs. The more readily available roles sit below:
Guest Services Agent
- Earning up to $12.00 an hour at start, a guest services agent may work a variety of shifts in either full- or part-time capacities.
- Work essentially consists of processing check-in and checkout procedures, assigning rooms, activating and issuing room keys, and securing payments.
- Additionally, employees must also answer incoming calls, run daily reports, coordinate with housekeeping, and answer, record, and process each guest call, request, question, or concern.
- A guest services agent must project a professional and well-kept appearance at all times, maintain confidentiality of both guests and proprietary information, and welcome, acknowledge, and anticipate patron needs.
- Housekeepers typically perform the most laborious work in regards to most hotel industry entry-level positions.
- Regularly needing to reach, lift, carry, push, pull, bend, twist, stand, walk, and stoop throughout an average shift, a housekeeper must also remain friendly with guests and respond to requests promptly.
- Typically earning around $9.00 to $10.00 hourly, housekeepers may earn additional income with promotion into supervisory roles with experience and tenure.
- Direct responsibilities may include filling housekeeping carts with supplies, replacing guest amenities and provisions as needed, making beds and folding towels, cleaning bathrooms, removing trash and dirty linens, dusting, vacuuming, and straightening furniture as needed.
- Housekeepers must also maintain communal areas and report any and all maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- As each Gaylord Hotel location typically serves as a combination hotel and convention center, certain roles not necessarily found at other hotel locations open with some regularity.
- Banquet server jobs represent unique opportunities with the chain.
- Servers prepare food and beverage stations, arrange tables, action stations, and tend buffets, service carts, and dessert tables or carts.
- During services, banquet servers ensure courses remain cleared as necessary, communicate any special requests or allergies to kitchen staff, replenish buffet items to ensure freshness and presentation, and monitor tableware for each table and guest.
- Servers also retain responsibility for sanitation and cleanliness of assigned areas.
- The position requires bussing tables at the end of each event, as well.
- Banquet servers pay scales rest between $11.00 and $12.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may find easy and straightforward access to employment on the corporate website by utilizing personal accounts and emails to receive alerts and to apply for available positions. Once signed in, potentials may fill out applications and upload both resumes and cover letters. In order to expedite the application process, gather hiring materials beforehand and check to ensure information remains current and correct. Applying in person may prove applicable, though certain department heads and supervisors may work overnight or evening shifts, which may limit direct interaction. In any event, when applying in person, ask to speak to the manager on duty or stick to online applications, if possible.
Hiring personnel typically reach out to qualified applicants within two to three weeks after receiving hiring materials. Candidates may wish to monitor the progress of applications through created accounts on the company job portal. Logging in and looking through job submissions allows candidates to see where applications stand in the current hiring process. Calling or visiting hiring managers may prove effective; however, hiring personnel typically encourages aspirants to use such measures only when online access proves redundant or ineffective.
Benefits of Working at Gaylord Hotels
Gaylord Hotels provides full-time and part-time employees with inclusive employee benefit packages through the Marriott International system. Along with competitive salary options, uniform allowances, flexible scheduling, and extensive paid training, work benefits include healthcare coverage, such as:
- Dental and vision plans
- As well as elective flexible spending accounts
- Life and disability insurance.
Paid time off, holiday pay, 401(k) retirement plans, generous associate discounts on travel and hotel accommodations, and tuition assistance remain available to eligible employees, as well.
Added Information about Gaylord Hotels
With locations in Nashville, TN, Washington, D.C., Kissimmee, FL, and near Dallas, TX, Gaylord Hotels offers a blend of luxurious rooms, world-class entertainment, and a nod to the heritage of surrounding areas. Utilizing the branding “Everything in one place” concept, each resort remains a preferred getaway or ideal location for business or pleasure. Each hotel gives guests access to shopping, entertainment, dining, meeting and convention spaces, and spa-like retreats. The hotel chain also boasts indoor waterparks, glass atriums, and convenient access to local attractions, as for instance, the Nashville hotel sits next door to the Grand Ole Opry.