Interim care provider Genesis HealthCare offers in-home medical services and hospice for patients. Around 50,000 employees work for the major firm, with job opportunities opening regularly in both full-time and part-time capacities.
Facts About Working at Genesis HealthCare
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Genesis HealthCare?)
Available Positions: Receptionist, Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Doctor
Genesis HealthCare Job Opportunities
Diverse services and unique care plans provide widespread and varied employment opportunities for professionals through Genesis HealthCare. However, entry-level job seekers in search of part-time hours providing supplemental or hourly incomes also readily find gainful work. Popular fields include rehabilitation therapy, hospice care, and both short- and long-term care for patients with temporary or ongoing illnesses. Daily emphases remain solely on caring for patients. Applicants must enjoy providing care for others and demonstrate personable and attentive personalities in order to qualify for jobs.
Work environments vary drastically from one patient to the next. Home healthcare may take place in apartment buildings, homes, or other designated areas like nursing homes or medical tents. Genesis HealthCare hires individuals able to work in all-weather conditions and in varying settings. Caregiver expectations include feeling comfortable around people with serious and chronic illnesses and the ability to communicate effectively sensitive diagnoses and prognoses to patients and family members. Customer service and administrative applicants must also feel comfortable interacting with the general public; however, most clerical positions feature stationary work settings.
Genesis HealthCare Positions and Pay Scales
Employees operate in nearly all 50 states and the District of Columbia across the U.S. Applicants need to meet the minimum requirements concerning state licensures related to positions desired and stand at or above the age of 18. Passion, drive, and energy regularly qualify aspiring workers for the following positions:
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Nursing assistants work in conjunction with registered practitioners to aid the sick and injured.
- The highly clinical positions utilize medical equipment to provide care.
- Strong understandings of medical treatments, patience, and compassion serve as prerequisites for employment.
- Changing bed linens and patient dressings, performing treatments, and explaining procedures represent typical duties.
- As assistants, workers in the role receive hourly pay rates beginning at $9.00 and raising over time.
- Clerical administrative assistant jobs offer entry-level opportunities for individuals looking to gain professional office experience.
- The hourly position features part-time or full-time options.
- Administrative assistants file paperwork and answer customer questions via telephone and email.
- The job title requires extreme discretion, as workers operate under HIPPA laws.
- Excellent typing and computer skills remain necessary for employment.
- Most administrative assistants make around $9.00 at start and enjoy salary increases in excess of $30,000 a year.
- Another entry-level position available, laundry aide involves the transportation and cleaning of soiled linens and clothes.
- Previous experience using commercial washers often benefits prospective associates; however, the basic position imposes no formal requirements outside of age restrictions and high school educations for employment consideration.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and focused personalities often receive the most praise from hiring personnel.
- Most laundry aides earn minimum wage.
- Increases in pay occur with experience.
Tips For Applying
Applicants must create online profiles through the company careers page to submit hiring forms. Users only need to provide personalized usernames and passwords to generate the online profiles. Genesis HealthCare requires prospective workers to set up security questions to further protect personal information. The entire process of creating an online profile takes about 10 to 15 minutes; however, once the profile becomes active, each candidates may reuse the information provided to apply for as many available positions as desired.
The Genesis HealthCare hiring process regularly takes between three and six weeks to complete. Job seekers typically receive contact from recruiters in the form of impromptu phone interviews. If candidates perform well, the job hopefuls receive invitations to interview onsite. Due to the nature of the company, workers generally do not check on application statuses, and instead await word from hiring personnel. To show continued interest in jobs available, workers may apply for multiple positions simultaneously, which greatly improves odds of employment.
Benefits of Working at Genesis HealthCare
Job benefits packages extend to employees working both traditional and non-traditional full-time schedules; however, associates must work a minimum of 40 hours per week to qualify for employment benefits packages. Eligible workers enjoy:
- Employee assistance programs,
- 401(k) retirement plans,
- Paid time off,
- Relocation assistance, and
- Medical, dental, vision, and
- Prescription drug coverage.
Some employee benefits extend to dependents and family members.
Further Details on Genesis HealthCare
As a major healthcare company, Genesis acts as a social steward and lobbies for various initiatives affecting public health. In June 2015, the medical provider sent representatives to attend a summit on responsible use of antibiotics. Headed by Center for Disease Control director Tom Friedan, the summit allowed for the exchange of ideas on what constitutes both responsible and irresponsible prescribing and use of antibiotics for medical treatment.