GIANT Food Stores are found throughout the eastern part of the United States. The grocery chain is great for part-time, entry-level work as well as for those looking for full-time careers in retail.
Facts About Working at GIANT Food Stores
Minimum Age to Work at GIANT Food Stores: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Giant Food Stores?)
GIANT Food Stores Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at GIANT Food Stores: Bagger, bakery associate, cashier, clerk, stock boy, stocker
GIANT Interview Videos
GIANT Job Opportunities
New locations allow job hopefuls to apply for numerous positions with GIANT Food Stores. Application forms are available both in store and online. Most roles are entry-level and include sales, stock, and cashier jobs that offer flexible hours and pay minimum wage to start.
Workers at the grocery chain answer customer questions and help find products around the store. GIANT Food Stores employees are also responsible for organizing shelves and cleaning work areas. Key traits the company looks for include patience and courtesy. Stock positions require some manual labor.
GIANT Employment and Salary Information
Employees must be at least 16 years old. The grocery store offers part-time and full-time shifts and opportunities for advancement. Commonly available positions include:
- Cashiers operate computerized cash registers and keep checkout aisles clean and organized.
- Specific duties include taking payments, scanning sale items and coupons, and issuing change.
- Employees earn minimum wage.
- GIANT Food Stores clerks work in various departments throughout the store including dairy, deli, grocery, produce, and frozen foods.
- The entry-level associates make around $9.00 per hour.
- Shifts vary and can include overnight, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Baggers pack groceries, carry items out to customer vehicles, and retrieve carts from parking lots.
- Employees work in all weather conditions and typically have part-time schedules.
- Baggers earn around $8.00 an hour.
Tips for Applying
Workers can fill out paper applications in store or complete surveys on the company website. The online forms take around 15 to 30 minutes to complete. Questions asked include job history, education, availability, and other personal information. To complete the application, candidates must answer personality questions, as well.
Applicants typically receive callbacks within a week of submitting forms. Log in to online profiles to see current openings and check application status. If workers don’t hear from managers, visiting stores during slower business hours to speak with hiring managers may help.
Benefits of Working at GIANT Food Stores
Eligible employees receive medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision insurances. Other job benefits include paid time off and access to 401(k) retirement plans. Stores also offer discounts and ongoing training programs.
Additional Information on GIANT Food Stores
Food safety is a top priority for the grocery chain. The company website not only outlines their commitment, but provides customers links to more information on practices to use at home. GIANT Food Stores also utilizes ethical sourcing and sustainable practices to help preserve the environment.