Italian fashion house Giorgio Armani operates a chain of renowned retail outlets, with more than 500 locations internationally. Applicants looking for work in fashion retail or in the fashion industry in general may benefit from submitting an application for available jobs.
Facts About Working at Giorgio Armani
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Giorgio Armani?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Merchandise Coordinator, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Operations Manager, Store Merchandise Planner, Merchandise Planning Manager, Marketing Manager, Logistics Coordinator, Construction Coordinator, Publicity Director
Giorgio Armani Job Opportunities
A majority of employment opportunities available with the fashion house include entry-level sales positions featuring part-time schedules at retail locations. Workers generally assume varying shifts and carry out customer-centric responsibilities throughout given workdays. Other entry-level jobs available may include work in stock or general customer service. Giorgio Armani also hires on career professionals to design and manufacture clothing, market the brand, and manage both retail and warehouse operations.
The fashion chain receives recognition for creating posh, chic, and trendy clothing lines and marketing campaigns. Armani clothing generally appeals to upper-class or wealthy shoppers, as merchandise sold in stores usually carries sizeable price tags. Applicants looking for work with the fashion house must embody the styles and attitudes of both the clothing and the company. Knowledgeable, confident, and charismatic individuals able to make fashionable recommendations for patrons often outperform other individuals vying for sales and customer service jobs. Managers must also personify bold style during interviews and in dress as well as exude excellent organizational skills and the ability to drive sales.
Giorgio Armani Positions and Salary Information
In order to ensure industry-leading standards of fashion design and brand awareness, Giorgio Armani requires applicants to meet the minimum hiring age of 18 for employment consideration. While part-time jobs serve as the most readily accessible types of work available, full-time jobs also remain for hire and provide exceptional salary options and access to employment benefits. Some of the most common positions the fashion house conducts hiring for include:
- Unlike other fashion retail stores, Armani pays entry-level sales associates well above minimum wage.
- Starting pay begins around $9.00 an hour and rises to roughly $11.00 or $12.00 hourly for employees with experience.
- The job generally includes greeting patrons, recommending products, providing access to fitting rooms, operating cash registers, processing payments, and stocking out merchandise.
- Due to some physical labor involved in the job, applicants should possess good health, including the ability to bend, stoop, or reach on tiptoe, in order to carry out assigned duties.
- Fashion sense and overall taste in style remain extremely important to hiring personnel when selecting sales associates.
- Experience in the fashion industry may also influence overall decisions regarding job opportunities.
- Career options for fashion industry professionals include associate manager and store manager job titles.
- Both positions involve hiring and training new workers, addressing customer concerns, merchandising fashions, ordering products, coordinating schedules, processing payroll, and enforcing company protocol.
- Associate managers may work irregular or varied schedules, including nights and weekends.
- Store managers generally work traditional, full-time shifts.
- Annual salary options for associate managers fall around $30,000, while store managers earn $55,000 to $60,000 with regularity.
Tips For Applying
The Giorgio Armani hiring process begins with an online assessment. Applicants generally spend between 20 and 30 minutes completing the questionnaire, which delves into work history, personality traits, and professional abilities. Applicants should take time to complete the form at a leisurely pace in order to answer each question fully and honestly. If selected for interviews, candidates may encounter one-on-one or group interviews. Applicants should feel comfortable in either setting and endeavor to wear fashionable clothing to each session in order to demonstrate interest in the industry and the available lines of clothing manufactured and distributed by the brand.
Armani hiring managers generally contact successful candidates personally to extend offers of employment. After passing through the various stages of the interview process, workers may receive phone calls or emails offering jobs with the fashion company. Phone and email prove the most common types of communication used to contact individuals regarding intent to hire. If workers receive no phone calls or emails within a week of two of completing interviews, the applicants should contact the local hiring manager to inquire about the next step in the process.
Benefits of Working at Armani
A generous employee discount headlines the available work benefits received by Armani associates. Part-time and full-time workers enjoy sizable reductions on clothing lines and accessories while employed. Additional employee benefits, such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Time off
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance options, and tuition assistance
- May also stand readily available to store managers and corporate professionals; however, location, experience, and specific job title may determine access to employment benefits.
More Details on Giorgio Armani
The Italian fashion house began in the mid-1970s and operates in nearly 50 countries. In addition to boutique outlets, the fashion chain manages an accessible chain of retail locations under the name Armani Exchange. Five other store concepts fall under the proprietorship of the corporate umbrella selling specific product lines geared to niche demographics. The company also invests in restaurants, hotels, and resorts. Annual revenues exceed $2.2 billion.