Gloria Jean's provides opportunities for both domestic and international employment. Applicants searching for coffeehouse jobs regularly find part-time and full-time work with generous pay and access to employee benefits. The renowned coffee shop chain looks to hire individuals in support of fair-trade practices.
Facts About Working at Gloria Jeans
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Gloria Jeans?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Barista, Service Crew Member, Assistant Manager, Manager
Gloria Jean’s Job Opportunities
Work environments promoted at Gloria Jean’s locations cater to individuals passionate about coffee and customer service. The coffeehouse searches for exceptional candidates with personable, positive, and cheerful attitudes, trustworthy and reliable work ethics, and attentive personalities. Average daily tasks require associates to work quickly while maintaining quality of food and drinks served. Taking care of customer orders promptly remains a top priority with the cafe chain; however, employees must also work to establish meaningful relationships with customers in order to retain business. The popular chain invites associates to interact and converse with patrons in polite, friendly manners on subjects unrelated to coffee or customer orders.
A typical entry-level worker starts out as a barista and moves into managerial careers through proven work performance. Motivated associates often receive promotion from within. Gloria Jean’s also outsources for managerial talent. Previous experience in leadership or the coffee shop industry often aids workers looking to assume managerial roles. High school educations also benefit management candidates.
Gloria Jean’s Positions and Pay Scale Information
Jobs available generally carry the minimum hiring age of 16. Applicants traditionally need to meet the minimum age of 18 to qualify for careers in management. The committed yet casual environments of Gloria Jean’s locations prove ideal for workers seeking viable part-time and full-time jobs. The prominent coffeehouse chain continually hires for the following positions:
- The entry-level position of barista encompasses a wide variety of daily responsibilities.
- Most job duties stem from the processes used to prepare food and drinks for customers.
- Baristas also complete transactions on POS systems, sanitize and organize work stations, and upsell menu items and merchandise.
- Expediency and quality serve as two highly sought-after traits in barista applicants.
- Personable attitudes also weigh heavily upon final hiring decisions.
- Job seekers with previous experience or related coffee knowledge may gain preferential treatment over other workers; however, the entry-level nature of the position imposes no formal qualifications for employment consideration.
- Baristas earnings start at minimum wage, but with hourly rates reaching $10.00 an hour with experience.
- Team member associates assist baristas in preparing coffees and other menu items for patrons.
- The position also involves washing dishes, sweeping floors, operating cash registers, replenishing supplies, and reporting to supervisors.
- Most team members work part-time and maintain relatively flexible schedules.
- Some knowledge of preparing drinks may prove useful to aspiring candidates.
- The average team member earns minimum wage, with opportunities to make up to $8.00 or $9.00 an hour.
- Available careers in management include supervisor positions.
- Workers must satisfy minimum age requirements and qualifications regarding employment history for consideration.
- Broad coffee knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to delegate effectively serve candidates well during the hiring process.
- Managers traditionally perform administrative tasks, like hiring new personnel, processing payroll, assigning work, and driving sales.
- Shift managers usually start out earning $8.00 to $9.00 an hour, while cafe managers may make as much as $30,000 to $40,000 in annual salaries.
Tips For Applying
The most effective way to access Gloria Jean’s jobs includes visiting preferred locations in person and acquiring hiring materials to fill out by hand. The cafe chain provides digital applications at most company sites for workers to complete, print, and submit. The personal method allows candidates to interact with management and witness, first-hand, potential job settings. Exude confidence and show outgoing and personable qualities during initial interactions. Provide detailed information on the application form. If possible, ask about the most favorable ways to check back with management regarding employment. Showing initiative regularly garners additional hiring attention.
Much like the process for submitting applications and acquiring hiring materials, job seekers should check on application status by visiting preferred locations. The coffeehouse chain provides avenues for applying for available jobs online; however, workers only submit resumes via email, and the web-based process provides no real way to check employment status by way of computer. To inquire about application statuses, prospective employees must call or visit a location in person. Choose hours best suited for lengthy conversations about the job or jobs in question. Dress professionally and act in manners befitting extroverted, courteous, and attentive individuals. Workers usually receive job offers within a week or so of submitting hiring materials and completing interviews, if necessary. The prominent chain often hires workers on the spot if credentials and attitudes align with company goals and visions.
Benefits of Working at Gloria Jean’s
Upon hire, Gloria Jean’s employees receive special discounts on food and drinks. The cafe also promotes supportive and enjoyable work settings, with paid training and career advancement potential accessible to workers in every position.
Qualified, full-time associates receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Healthcare options, and
- Paid time off, as well.
More Details on Gloria Jean’s
In addition to traditional coffee retail sales, Gloria Jean’s sells various merchandise both in-store and online. The international coffeehouse offers ceramic mugs, travel mugs, coffee blends, teas, cups, reusable, metal steeps, and gift boxes. Product lines also reflect holiday seasons, with special blends of coffees and teas created specifically for certain times of the year.