Founded in 1973, Golden Corral operates a chain of home-style buffet restaurants in the United States. The organization maintains approximately 500 restaurants nationwide and consistently hires on new associates to prepare food and serve customers. On top of hourly workers, the company employs managers to oversee restaurant operations.
Facts About Working at Golden Corral
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Golden Corral?)
Available Positions: Host, Server, Grill Cook, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Restaurant Manager
Golden Corral Employee Interview Videos
Golden Corral Job Opportunities
Golden Corral restaurants include hot-food buffets, giant salad bars, meat carving stations, and even chocolate fountains at several locations. Additionally, some destinations offer breakfast and brunch menus. Entry-level employees must restock each food station and keep restaurant appearances looking clean at all times. While basic job titles may not require previous restaurant experience, associates must possess courteous attitudes and strong work ethics. The restaurant provides comprehensive training for all new hires and promising employees earn advancement opportunities in time. Interested workers should submit a job application form online.
With roughly 9,000 employees overall, the popular dining establishment must hire managers to build teams of associates and uphold company standards at each restaurant. Workers hoping to secure managerial or supervisory positions must typically hold several years of restaurant or management experience. The hefty workload upper-level personnel endure comes with a wide array of employee benefits and competitive salary rates. Interested restaurant workers may search openings and submit online job applications via the company career portals.
Golden Corral Positions and Salary Information
Golden Corral experiences high volumes of patronage and must hire energetic employees to staff restaurants around the country. Minimum age requirements for employment consideration fall at 16 for most entry-level jobs. Some positions, such as kitchen or restaurant manager, may require prospective workers to stand at least 18 years of age at time of employment and meet certain educational and experience requirements. The restaurant regularly hires for the following job titles:
- Servers ensure smooth dining experiences by properly taking customer food and drink orders, giving refills, serving food in a timely manner, clearing tables, and assisting with any other requests patrons might have.
- Waiters and waitresses must know each menu and buffet item in order to provide helpful suggestions and information when requested.
- Various cleaning duties also prove mandatory for Golden Corral servers.
- Employees generally make between $3.00 and $7.00 per hour as base pay, with the opportunity to earn tips.
- Read more about the Golden Corral server position.
Job Description and Duties
- Unlike conventional restaurant locations, Golden Corral restaurants require patrons to pay upon entering.
- The nationwide restaurant chain hires cashier to serve as first points of contact with diners and to complete transactions at Golden Corral front ends.
- Chief job duties include ringing up buffet tickets and answering questions about menu items and services.
- Golden Corral often looks for individuals with experience using computers during the hiring process.
- Other ideal characteristics include personable, energetic, and driven personalities.
- The position carries no formal hiring requirements aside from minimum age qualifications, which stand at 16.
Salary and Compensation
- Golden Corral starts cashier employees off at minimum wage.
- Pay increases up to roughly $9.00 with experience.
- Workers may advance into supervisory roles or into other areas of work within Golden Corral restaurants to access higher hourly wages or lucrative salary options.
- Employment opportunities available with Golden Corral generally include discounts on buffet ticket prices.
Job Description and Duties
- Golden Corral restaurants frequently hire entry-level job seekers to work as cooks and execute the extensive menu necessary to sustain large-scale buffet operations.
- Available job titles include grill cook, display cook, and hot cook.
- Workers prepare ingredients, operate kitchen equipment, and create menu items according to company and customer specifications.
- Additional job duties include washing dishes, organizing inventory, and cleaning work areas.
- Golden Corral cooks often prepare, slice, and serve premium meats at carving stations directly in front of customers.
- Entry-level cook positions generally carry few hiring requirements.
- Due to safety issues, many Golden Corral restaurants only allow employees 18 years of age or older to serve as cooks.
- Some locations also prefer applicants to hold previous cook experience.
- Strong communication skills, friendly demeanors, and flexible schedule availability typically strengthen the candidacy of prospective cooks.
Salary and Compensation
- New Golden Corral cooks earn roughly minimum wage to start.
- With experience, pay rates may increase to $8.00 or $9.00 an hour.
- In addition to competitive pay, Golden Corral offers employment benefits like meal discounts and professional development opportunities.
- Entry-level cooks may take advantage of the Fast Tracks training program, which prepares and certifies Golden Corral employees for restaurant management careers featuring higher salary options and extensive job benefits.
Job Description and Duties
- With nearly 500 locations throughout the United States, Golden Corral requires a network of professional and dedicated managers.
- General manager, kitchen manager, hospitality manager, and district manager positions exist with Golden Corral.
- Quite often, individuals must perform duties in multiple departments to keep restaurants running smoothly.
- Administrative tasks represent the most common job functions performed by Golden Corral managers, though manager associates perform regular restaurant tasks, as well.
- Communication and social skills may help Golden Corral managers during the hiring process.
- Golden Corral regularly hires managers from within as well as outsources for managerial talent using the hiring and application process.
- Workers from competing restaurants may find Golden Corral management jobs with the right qualifications.
- Applicants must stand at least 18 at time of hire.
- Experience in the restaurant industry also plays a vital role in gaining employment.
Salary and Compensation
- Golden Corral managerial positions involve multiple responsibilities.
- However, the national restaurant chain offers competitive pay, work benefits, and rewards to motivated employees.
- For example, each manager receives competitive salary options and pay scales.
- Depending on the level of employment, Golden Corral managers may earn anywhere from $38,000 to $65,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Applying for a Golden Corral job proves easy, as the family restaurant supplies a straightforward application process on the company website. Workers find employment opportunities by visiting the Career Opportunities section of the site. Entry-level workers and restaurant professionals easily browse available job titles by location. After finding suitable positions, job seekers complete corresponding applications. Workers submit resumes and provide additional information regarding employment history, availability, and references. Applicants who do not indicate weekend availability may not receive hiring consideration, as many job titles require associates to work Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Candidates should provide clear and concise answers to each question and thoroughly review each section of the application before submitting.
Hiring mangers generally reach out to promising applicants via telephone within a week or two of receiving applications. Due to heavy workloads, managers may not always review hiring requests quickly. Job hopefuls may want to follow up on the application status if not contacted by a hiring manager within a week. Workers who choose to follow up over the phone should call during slower hours of the day to increase the odds of speaking with a manager. Some associates cite visiting the restaurant of desired employment in professional attire to speak with a manager personally as a viable way to commence the hiring process, as well. Whether following up in person or by phone, all workers should remain respectful of the hiring manager day-to-day schedules.
Benefits of Working at Golden Corral
Associates enjoy flexible work schedules, paid training opportunities, competitive pay, and career advancement potential. The restaurant also offers employees the opportunity to cross train between entry-level job titles in order to gain or discover new skills. Both part-time and full-time Golden Corral crew members receive job benefits such as medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation, and meal discounts. Depending on job title or other eligibility factors, workers may also qualify for company-matched:
- 401(k) plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Additional training
- Vision insurance, and
- Monthly bonus opportunities.
Other employment benefits available to associates may include employee assistance programs, adoption assistance, and prescription drug plans.
Additional Information on Golden Corral
A generous company, Golden Corral endeavors to give back to the men and women of the United States military, both past and present, through a program called Military Appreciation Monday. Each year, the restaurant selects a Monday to provide a free meal for a veteran or current member of the United States armed forces. Additionally, the popular buffet raises money for an organization called American Disabled Veterans and provides an exciting camping experience known as Camp Corral for the children of disabled veterans.