Goodwill is a non-profit organization that gives back to the community by providing job training, placement, and other programs. The store accepts donations to be sold at discount pricing. The proceeds fund community programs.
Facts About Working at Goodwill
Minimum Age to Work at Goodwill: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Goodwill?)
Goodwill Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at Goodwill: Cashier, dock worker, donation attendant, sales associate, store manager
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Goodwill Employee Interview Videos
Goodwill Job OpportunitiesUseful Skills
Candidates for a Goodwill career should be able to work in an upbeat environment. Workers must maintain a positive attitude and be friendly to customers. The ability to work independently and efficiently, along with working as a team helps a job hopeful to stand out.The Work Environment
Prior to filling out a Goodwill job application, job seekers should research the company. The store focuses on keeping employees happy and providing a great workplace. Flexible work schedules along with ability for promotion are a few perks.Employee Opportunities
Full-time along with part-time jobs are available at Goodwill. Many positions are entry-level and require minimal training. Individuals seeking employment for the first time are encouraged to apply to the company.
Employment and Salary Information for Goodwill
Hourly rates or salary options are available for employees. Positions of management typically have an annual salary, while entry-level position’s pay is hourly. The following roles are available for hire at Goodwill:
- Goodwill sales associates handle payments for purchases, along with working the cash register.
- Starting sales associate’s beginning pay is $8.00 hourly.
- Sales Associates need to have a friendly demeanor.
- Dock workers unload donations and bring them into the store to go through the sorting process.
- The pay rate of a dock worker begins around $8.00 per hour.
- Dock workers need the ability to be fragile and caring with the donated items, along with customer service skills.
- Donation attendants sort and organize donations to get them ready to be put on shelves.
- New job holders in this role have a starting hourly wage of $9.00 per hour.
- Workers should be able to pay strong attention to detail.
Tips for Applying
To land a Goodwill job interview, applicants may choose to apply online or stop in store and fill out a paper application form. Arriving during low traffic hours is best. If available, it is possible management may interview an individual on the spot.
To inquire about a Goodwill job application, individuals can make a phone call and ask to speak to a hiring manager. Management will then give instructions on how to move forward in the application process.
Benefits of Working at Goodwill
Medical insurance, paid training, and 401(k) plans are all part of the benefits that the store can offer. Qualifying employees are eligible for salary packages. Goodwill employment benefits may include:
- Healthcare Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Additional Information about Goodwill
Goodwill was founded by Edgar J. Helms in Boston. He would hire unemployed individuals to repair used goods from wealthier neighborhoods to prepare the items to be resold. The idea was to provide community members with a job and to reuse goods that still had some life left.