Once an independent retailer with locations through the United States, Goody’s operates as a popular chain of clothing stores under proprietorship of Stage Stores Inc. Job seekers often use the prominent retailer to find meaningful employment in the department store industry. Available work includes both part-time and full-time positions featuring competitive pay and job benefits potential.
Facts About Working at Goody's
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Goody's?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager Store Manager, Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor, Clinique Beauty Advisor, Arden Beauty Advisor, Merchant Training Coordinator, Training Administrator, Pricing Accuracy Analyst, Pricing and Promotions Specialist, Allocation Analyst, Store Planner, Planning and Allocation Specialist, Database Marketing Analyst, Beauty Bar Advisor, Human Resources Manager, Loss Prevention Associate, Loss Prevention Manager
Goody’s Job Opportunities
The most important qualities hiring personnel look for in new employees include natural retail and customer service abilities. Personal interests in fashion and helping others greatly benefit prospective associates, as most jobs available deal in the sale of clothing and accessories. The retailer also looks to hire managers to supervise entry-level staff and provide administrative and corporate support in store.
Minimum hiring requirements for entry-level positions usually include no real, formal qualifications. Job hopefuls may access available positions through employee referrals, online postings, or in person via paper employment forms. Applicants must stand at least 16 years old in order to gain hiring consideration. For managerial positions, the minimum hiring age rises to 18, with some background in retail and/or leading others necessary for review.
Goody’s Positions and Pay Scales Information
After meeting with hiring personnel and receiving job offers, candidates enjoy widespread opportunities for advancement, generous pay, and flexible scheduling options. Part-time positions offer employees the most diverse scheduling options, with morning, night, and weekend shifts available, while the retailer provides regular, full-time schedules for managers and supervisors. Common positions for hire include:
- Meeting and greeting customers ranks as the primary job duty for Goody’s sales associates.
- Workers operate under instruction to drop current tasks to aid customers and offer assistance at all times.
- The position also involves working checkout counters and ringing up purchases on computerized cash registers.
- Sales associates also provide access to fitting rooms, handle exchanges and returns, and organize clothes for presentation in displays.
- Personable attitudes and bright smiles usually benefit applicants looking for sales associate work with the retail chain.
- Diligent, kind, and courteous personalities also gain approval from hiring personnel.
- Most sales associate workers take on part-time roles upon hire.
- Pay scales provide minimum wage at start and rise to $9.00 or so with experience.
- A popular entry-level position in the Cosmetics department of each store, beauty advisor involves sales and merchandise recommendation as well as traditional customer service and cashier job duties.
- The retail chain screens for individuals who possess broad knowledge of cosmetics and beauty products to fill the entry-level role.
- Beauty advisors often provide product demonstrations and assist customers in selecting appropriate cosmetics to match outfits and event themes.
- Personal senses of style and overall abilities in organization, public appearance, and experiences working as part of a team factor into hiring decisions for beauty advisor jobs.
- Some administrative work, such as inventory, recording sales, and updating and maintaining customer registries also play part in gaining employment.
- Beauty advisors earn anywhere between minimum wage and $10.00 per hour.
- Throughout each department at Goody’s stores, the retail chain offers managerial careers for interested applicants with experience in the industry.
- Workers who enjoy structure and effectively implement company policies, sales strategies, and marketing initiatives make ideal candidates.
- Both supervisors and managers take responsibility for opening and closing procedures, driving sales, motivating entry-level staffs, and protecting against theft.
- Supervisors in each department may work part-time or full-time schedules and earn around $10.00 or $11.00 per hour.
- Assistant store managers and store managers usually work full-time and take in salaries falling between $30,000 and $70,000 each year, depending on previous experience and time spent with the company.
Tips For Applying
Whether applying for part-time or full-time employment, potential associates need to fill out hiring forms to the best of known abilities either in store or online via the Stage Stores Inc. careers website. Applicants encounter sections for past jobs, contact information, desired positions, and hours preferred on the employment forms. Workers must write legibly and complete all sections required in order for acceptance into applicant pools. Sending out applications for multiple positions to neighboring locations may increase odds of receiving hiring consideration, as well.
Applicants may either call the corresponding manager in charge of hiring to inquire about application status or visit a store in person to make the inquisition. The best way to check on application status usually proves by telephone. Workers who visit store locations to check on hiring status may not receive the opportunity to speak with a manager, depending on customer traffic and other potential circumstance related to retail. Wait about two or three weeks before making a phone call. Most Goody’s locations contact eligible workers within a few days or a week’s time to extend job offers. Many even receive employment during the final stages of the hiring process.
Benefits of Working at Goody’s
At the early onset, Goody’s employees enjoy the potential for advancement into managerial or corporate careers. Workers also receive industry-competitive wages and salary options, paid training, and discounts on merchandise and services. The retailer also provides employment benefits packages to qualified workers, including:
- 401(k) retirement plans,
- Paid time off, and
- Healthcare coverage.
Specific job benefits available to workers and specific eligibility requirements often vary by position and location.
More Details on Goody’s
During the month of March, Goody’s parent company Stage Stores Inc. promotes an annual fundraiser benefiting homeless shelters, Toys For Tots, St. Jude’s Research Hospitals, and other charitable organizations. The fundraiser spans the entire month and operates under the namesake Community Counts: 30 Days of Giving. During the 2014 campaign, the retailer managed to helped contribute to the near $900,000 raised.