With a focus on upscale yet casual dining, Grand Lux Cafe offers diners eclectic menus and a blend of the European cafe and the all-American eatery. Originally set in a resort in Las Vegas, interested workers may find roles around the U.S. as the restaurant expands into new regions.
Facts About Working at Grand Lux Cafe
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Grand Lux Cafe?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Busser, Bartender, Front Desk Coordinator, Baker, Counter Help, Expeditor, Runner, Prep Cook, Sauce Cook, Grill Cook, Fry Cook, Saut
Grand Lux Cafe Job Opportunities
Grand Lux Cafe provides generous, sharable portions of wide-ranging and diverse menus. Guests enjoy grand and opulent designs with an emphasis on comfort. In order to continue to bring in guests, the restaurant must continually hire customer-service oriented individuals in a variety of both entry-level and management roles. Most locations also house bakeries. Employees may work as in several different roles, including cashiering, serving, dishwashing, bussing, hosting, cooking, and pastry prepping.
The restaurant and bakery continually seeks out service-minded employees who enjoy fast-paced work environments. Grand Lux Cafe offers employees excellent pay scales, frequent opportunities for advancement, and exceptional employee benefits. In order to qualify for most entry-level employment, the restaurant typically only asks applicants meet minimal hiring standards, such as age requirements and authorization to work in the United States. Managerial roles, supervisory positions, and some bakery and back-of-house jobs may necessitate further education, experience, and acquired skill sets in order to receive hiring consideration.
Grand Lux Cafe Positions and Salary Information
Grand Lux Cafe needs a variety of workers on a consistent basis to fill locations across the United States. The restaurant chain continually seeks hardworking, customer-driven individuals for both entry-level and career-oriented roles. Prerequisites for positions mostly reflect standing at least 18 years of age and possessing a high school diploma or the equivalent to fill the following positions:
- Responsible for greeting guests with genuine enthusiasm and warmth, hosts must inform patrons of expected wait times, enter guests names accurately into computer systems, show diners to tables, explain current specials, and appropriately bid customers goodbye.
- Furthermore, a host may answer telephones, make and confirm reservations, refill guest beverages, and perform light housekeeping duties.
- The host position requires employees to stand for durations of time, display exceptional communication and teamwork, and possess the ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Hosts typically earn around $9.00 hourly while working part-time hours.
- A server ensures guests receive prompt and friendly service while dining.
- Describing menu items, actively assisting guests by making meal and drink suggestions, accurately taking and delivering orders to kitchen staff, and processing payments correctly represent a majority of job duties for servers.
- Displaying affable personalities and commitment to providing the best service possible generally benefits applicants seeking server positions during the hiring process.
- Employees must also demonstrate the ability to effectively perform some manual labor, such as standing and walking continuously as well as bending, reaching, and twisting for extended periods of time.
- Servers typically earn between $5.00 and $6.00 an hour with additional gratuities added to hourly pay.
- A cashier, sometimes known as a barista, performs numerous duties during a defined shift.
- Working in both part-time and full-time capacities, a cashier may earn around $8.00 an hour and may also earn tips.
- Responsibilities include greeting guests upon arrival, sharing and upselling dessert selections for the day, taking accurate orders, and preparing drink orders accordingly.
- A barista may also need to take to-go orders over the phone, correctly ring out purchases, take payments, provide correct change, and display a consistent ability to work well in a team environment.
- Individuals exhibiting upbeat attitudes, the ability to multitask, and exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills typically fare well during the hiring process.
Tips For Applying
The restaurant and bakery chain offers applicants a straightforward and relatively easy online application process. Job seekers must provide basic hiring information including personal information, contact details, and email. Once submitted, candidates possess hiring profiles used to apply to all open positions. Gather hiring materials beforehand in order to streamline the application process. Check the information to ensure correct, current, and applicable to the job applied for, if possible.
Grand Lux Cafe regularly contacts preferred candidates for hire within one to two weeks of receiving applications. Due to high volumes of applicants, the wait time might progress slowly as the company attempts to narrow down decisions. For aspirants desiring to contact the restaurant to check on application status, take the time to call, email, or visit the store of preferred hiring to display genuine interest. Logging in to created application accounts on the company website may also prove beneficial, as all jobs applied for and filled remain listed in the users queue.
Benefits of Working at Grand Lux Cafe
The chain of cafes offers both part-time and full-time employees an assortment of work benefits in addition to excellent pay, flexible scheduling, and opportunities for advancement. Once workers satisfy a minimum number of hours worked in a nine-month period, employees gain access to:
- Vision, and
- Life insurance programs.
Additionally, workers remain eligible for dining discounts, vacation pay, holiday pay, and paid trainings. Full-time employees may also earn certain retirement benefits over time, such as enrollment in 401(k) plans.
Additional Information about Grand Lux Cafe
Along with parent company The Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe proudly sponsors and partners with non-profit and other charitable causes. Every year, staff members hold a Thanksgiving Day Feast in conjunction with the Salvation Army. Additionally, each summer, a charity golf tournament and auction raises money for the City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center in California. Since the inception of the event, the company continues to add to the over $1.5 million raised.