Founded in 1921 by Guccio Gucci, the eponymous luxury brand persists as a major name in the fashion industry. Ranging from designer baby clothes to fragrances, Gucci products remain high quality and oft coveted. Decades of hard work helped cultivate the prestige of the company.
Facts About Working at Gucci
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Gucci?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager
Gucci Employment Opportunities
Initially established in Florence, Italy, the stylish retailer enjoys a prominent position at the heart of high fashion. Though the company endures as a globally recognized presence, Gucci maintains the craftsmanship and traditional values cultivated in Italy. The retailer stands as a leader in the fashion world and sets the tone for many new trends and unique processes of the industry. Employees of the company enjoy the insight and esteem of working for a trailblazing retailer with a reputable name.
As a member of a broad community, the company also recognizes the responsibility of global scrutiny. In order to better serve the public and the industry, Gucci maintains several sustainability policies. Additionally, the retailer remains philanthropic by contributing to worthy causes, such as women’s rights and arts preservation. When hiring people into the corporation, the company searches for like-minded, socially aware individuals to maintain and cultivate the character of the retailer.
Gucci Positions and Salary Information
Due to the intense and competitive nature of working for the company, potential hires must stand at least 18 years of age for consideration. Gucci also offers internships to fashion students and employs over 5,000 individuals. Some of the more attainable positions with the name brand include:
- Meeting sales quotas, assisting customers, and finalizing transactions are sales associate’s primary duties.
- Sales associates make an average of $14.00 an hour and receive supplementary commissions based on personal sales.
- Individuals interested in the position should possess exceptional customer service skills and aptitudes for sales in order to perpetuate lasting relationships with customers.
- The fashion house hires visual merchandisers responsible for cultivating attractive and sales-effective imagery in local stores.
- Employees in visual merchandiser positions make an average of $30,000 to $40,000 a year.
- The position entails frequently redesigning window displays and carefully selecting outfits for mannequins according to corporate standards.
- Store managers must commit to performing various duties around the store, such as promoting the brand, motivating store associates to work as a team, and ensuring achievement of monthly sales goals.
- With accompanying commission for all personal sales, store managers earn average annual salary options of $80,000 to $90,000.
- Additionally, the position involves standard managerial duties, like creating staff schedules, maintaining store cleanliness, and overseeing the hiring, firing, and training of all new workers.
Tips For Applying
Since Gucci cultivates atmospheres of high quality and standards, applying to work for the fashion retailer requires diligence. Maintaining updated and professional resumes and writing cover letters prove useful as application complements. If called for interviews, potential hires should consider choice of attire carefully, as the company favors individuals who demonstrate passion for and knowledge of luxury fashion. While modesty remains an admirable quality, job prospects benefit from mentioning all qualities and skills which qualify the individual to work for the fashion retailer.
The hiring process for entry-level jobs in the company takes an average of two to four weeks from application submission to receiving either rejections or job offers. If interested individuals do not obtain word from the fashion retailer within a month, calling hiring managers to inquire about application statuses remains an effective and responsible way to check on potential jobs. To ensure good impressions, job applicants may consider sending thank-you notes to any company personnel present during interviews.
Benefits of Working at Gucci
In addition to offering fashionable work environments and opportunities to supplement pay rates with commissions, Gucci makes several other job benefits available to eligible workers. As with most retailers, associates employed by the fashion label receive discounts on purchases of company merchandise. Even interns, who do not traditionally receive compensation, stand eligible for the employee discount. Additionally, after employees remain with the retailer for at least a year, individuals gain options for additional employment benefits, such as opting into 401(k) retirement plans and taking paid time off work.
More Information on Gucci
Situated in Florence, Italy, to commemorate the origins of the company, a museum stands housed in the Palazzo della Mercanzia. With over 1,700 square meters of museum and a basement archive, The Gucci Museo retains the largest collection of Gucci artifacts. The museum creates a cohesive story of the history of the fashion retailer up to the present day. Open seven days a week, 50 percent of ticket sales continue to fund the preservation and restoration of the city in which the museum resides.