Gymboree operates as a specialty retail store focusing on apparel for children. With over 600 locations in the United States and Canada, the company enjoys continual growth with new locations opening each year. The retail industry chain hires both entry-level associates and career-minded individuals to fill multiple positions and shifts.
Facts About Working at Gymboree
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Gymboree?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Application Support Analyst, Project Manager, Treasury Analyst, Tax Analyst, Quality Control and Quality Assurance Manager, International Logistics Director, Merchandiser, Textile Designer, Planning Analyst, Building Maintenance Mechanic, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Pricing Analyst, Benefits and Compensation Administrator, Operations Supervisor
Printable Application: Yes. Print Gymboree application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
Gymboree Employment Opportunities
The notable retailer operates a child-focused fashion chain with emphasis on creativity. Employees work in team environments adopting the ideology of sharing ideas, values, and goals. Candidates displaying highly motivated personalities as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, positive attitudes, and willingness to work with children typically stand out to hiring personnel. Crew members must show desire to work in retail, interact with customers repeatedly on a daily basis, and display abilities to work flexible shifts.
Entry-level personnel generally work in sales associate roles. As a sales associate, dynamic personalities and natural desire to go above and beyond customer service standards serve as typical operating procedure with Gymboree. Sales associates perform such varied tasks as cashiering, stocking, and replenishing merchandise. Typical hiring requirements remain straightforward and do not usually ask for more than the minimum of holding a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must also stand at least 18 years of age. Individuals with career experience as supervisors in a retail environment may wish to apply for managerial positions available with the fashion retail chain.
Gymboree Jobs and Salary Information
As a company of dynamic, fun-loving, kid-centric ideas and ideologies, workers enjoy competitive pay, excellent work/life balance, and comprehensive job benefit packages. The specialty retailer offers a clear-cut and forthright application process, typically requiring minimal experience and opportunities to apply online or in store. The following lists readily available positions and wage options:
- Sales associates serve multiple purposes.
- These crew members take charge of assisting customers with purchasing decisions, ringing out merchandise accurately, and restocking shelves with merchandise, when necessary.
- Previous experience in retail, though not necessary, may provide some candidates with preference in hiring circumstances.
- Pleasant dispositions, love of children, and fun personalities usually serve job seekers best.
- Sales associates tend to earn minimum wage at start, with the capacity to earn up to $9.00 an hour.
- A sales lead position functions as a keyholder position and offers full-time hours.
- Main duties focus on leading teams in the absence of an assistant or store manager, promoting a positive work environment, and operating basic administrative duties each shift.
- Typically, the retail chain seeks previous supervisory experience in the retail industry, though said experience does not rest as a requirement.
- Sales lead associates typically earn the higher end of sales associate wages or around $9.00 per hour.
- The management structure at Gymboree consists of both part-time and full-time assistant managers and store managers.
- All managers drive positive financial results, provide extraordinary customer service, and develop and maintain exceptional workforces.
- Serving in administrative roles, managers must also schedule, train, and coach new staff, balance labor hours, and work flexible shifts in order to guarantee leadership remains available throughout the day.
- Managers should possess exceptional communication skills, the ability to effectively prioritize and delegate accordingly, and utilize prior supervisory experience to effectively lead sales teams.
- Assistant managers tend to receive hourly wages of around $12.00 to $13.00, while store managers may earn annual salary options up to $45,000.
Tips for Applying
Gymboree offers prospective employees the opportunity to apply either online or within the store using an application downloadable via the company website. Fill out all information completely utilizing current and correct information. Use legible handwriting if filling out a paper application and employ standard blue or black ink. If applying online, candidates follow prompts to build a user profile, which allows job seekers the opportunity to apply for multiple jobs at once, with the retailer keeping information on file for up to 60 days. Applying with a paper application allows candidates possible face time with managers upon turning in applications.
Once Gymboree hiring managers receive employment materials, the interview process generally takes no longer than a couple of days to a week to complete. Candidates who do not receive confirmation of receipt of application may choose to follow up with hiring managers via telephone, email, or in person. Applicants should refrain from contacting hiring managers during peak sales hours, as store supervisors typically need to focus on tasks other than hiring. Find out when best to meet with a manager to discuss hiring decisions in order to demonstrate respect and understanding.
Benefits of Working at Gymboree
Eligible Gymboree team members enjoy comprehensive job benefits packages. Employees retain access to medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid flex time off, and holiday pay. Additional work benefits include retirement benefits such as:
- Enrollment in 401(k) plans
- Sabbatical programs
- Adoption assistance, and
- Education reimbursement.
Associates also receive store discounts, flexible spending accounts, and life insurance and disability coverage options.
Supplementary Information on Gymboree
Gymboree remains active in the communities in which customers work, live, and play. The children’s fashion retailer proudly works with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and since 2006, raised over $7 million to help fund research. The retail chain also works with March of Dimes, San Francisco Food Bank, and other organizations to raise community awareness around the country. Perhaps one of the more interesting ways the retailer gives back entails how employees utilize company-offered sabbatical time to volunteer in local community organizations, schools, and in various other humanitarian efforts.