H-E-B is an independently owned food retailer founded over 100 years ago. The grocer mainly serves communities in Texas and Mexico, with over 300 stores.
Facts About Working at H E B
Minimum Age to Work at H E B: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at H E B?)
H E B Hours of Operation: Open every day: 6:00am-12:00am
Available Positions at H E B: Cashier, Central Checkout Specialist, Checker, Food Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Baker, Cake Decorator, Cooking Coach, Customer Champion, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Specialist, Data Analyst - Customer Insights, Distribution Partner, Meat Cutter, Night Stocker, Hourly Manager in Charge, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, General Manager, HR Manager, Loss Prevention Specialist, Benefits Programs Advisor, Recruiting Coordinator, Sr. Recruiter, Associate Quality Assurance Product Manager, Intern
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
H-E-B Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at H-E-B:
Employment Opportunities at H-E-B
Various Entry-Level Roles
The chain offers employment in various departments throughout each store. Entry-level jobs commonly found at H-E-B include cashiers, baggers, parking lot attendants, night stockers, and food service representatives. Part-time and full-time employment is readily available and management opportunities exist for qualified applicants.
Training, Pay, and Abilities
Hiring managers seek energetic, motivated applicants to fill flexible retail schedules. H-E-B offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to its employees. Education and training for career advancement within the company is also available.
H-E-B Job Titles and Salary Info
The grocery chain accepts applications from first-time and experienced workers alike. Job seekers may apply online or in person at H-E-B stores. Pay attention to age requirements as specific jobs call for applicants to be 18 years old.
- Cashiers scan items and collect payments from guests.
- Experience in fast-paced, customer service positions is preferred, but not required.
- H-E-B employees must be attentive to customer needs.
- Cashiers earn hourly wages around $10.00.
- H-E-B employs food service representatives in their bakery, deli, and prepared foods departments.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be able to work various shifts.
- Employees make an average of $10.00 per hour.
- Job seekers must be able to prepare, package, and merchandise products and assist in customer selection when necessary.
- Previous stocking experience is preferred for this position.
- However, H-E-B will provide training for eligible job seekers.
- Candidates must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Night stockers must work overnight hours, perform manual labor, and operate various light machinery.
- Minimum pay for this position is $12.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Candidates can fill out job application forms in stores or on the H-E-B website. Online candidates will create login information and complete a multi-step application. Job seekers will need to manage their time to complete surveys and questionnaires.
Job hopefuls can follow up on the statuses of their applications by logging into online profiles. On average, individuals should expect to wait between one and two weeks. Hiring managers typically call and conduct an informal phone interview, during which applicants may be asked to continue to one-on-one and group interviews.
Benefits of Working for H-E-B
Eligible workers have access to affordable healthcare coverage including medical insurance. Employees can also earn:
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- Enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans
H-E-B also offers a 10 percent discount to employees as well as seasonal and performance-based bonuses.
Additional Information on H-E-B
In 2002, the H-E-B Excellence In Education Award was created to honor outstanding public school districts and professionals. The company grants $800,000 annually for this honor, which is consistent with their many community-oriented charitable works.